JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
We all saw the zombie fad come and go over the past 5 years. But has anyone realized that Drones are the new Zombie in our culture?

They're mindless threats that scare us.
We spend lots of time discussing how to prep for them.
We all dream of shooting at hords of them.
The govt is creating them to enslave the population.
And now ammo manufacturers are marketing ammo for the sole purpose of shooting at them.

Again, drones are the new zombie.

LOCK AND LOAD! (lol, jk)

Mindless my arse! At the other end of the RF spectrum is some Mt. Dew swilling punk whose most important qualification to land the job is that he was awesome at XBox. You might be on Middle Sister and he's in Roanoake, VA, laughing about the bullet he just crammed up your tushie. That's on the Fed's side.
Or, it could be the Sheriff's office, checking up on you through your upstairs back bedroom window.
Numerous Supreme Court cases were about and upheld the right to privacy, but the Patriot act allows that to easily be side-stepped.

The other ones would be neighboring punks - slower moving and easier to spot. Yah, I'd shoot them down despite local ordinance, and when the kids showed up like in the recent case, do my best to deliver a beating they could not forget.

Probably the best thing to do in defense of the latter is to develop a form of cannon which fires a net at a drone. As far as government drones, I think that'd be good training to learn to track and spot them.

On a differnt use of drones, I could see hunters using them to scout the herd, despite regulations about tracking from the air. I haven't read this year's regs yet - to they specifically ban the use of drones?

On a differnt use of drones, I could see hunters using them to scout the herd, despite regulations about tracking from the air. I haven't read this year's regs yet - to they specifically ban the use of drones?
you have to wait 8 hours before you can hunt after using a drone for gathering game information.

Is there an app for that...lol

Software

SkyJack
SkyJack (available from github) is primarily a perl application which runs off of a Linux machine, runs aircrack-ng in order to get its wifi card into monitor mode, detects all wireless networks and clients around, deactivates any clients connected to Parrot AR.drones, connects to the now free Parrot AR.Drone as its owner, then uses node.js with node-ar-drone to control zombie drones.

"I detect drones by seeking out any wireless connections from MAC addresses owned by the Parrot company, which you can find defined in the' Registration Authority OUI.

aircrack-ng
"I use aircrack-ng to put our wireless device into monitor mode to find our drones and drone owners. I then use aireplay-ng to deauthenticate the true owner of the drone I'm targeting. Once deauthenticated, I can connect as the drone is waiting for its owner to reconnect."

node-ar-drone
"I use node-ar-drone to control the newly enslaved drone via Javascript" and node.js.

Hardware
Parrot AR.Drone 2
The Parrot AR.Drone 2 is the drone that flies around seeking other drones, controlled from an iPhone, iPad or Android, and is also the type of drone SkyJack seeks out in order to control. SkyJack is also capable of seeking out Parrot AR.Drone version 1.

"The Parrots actually launch their own wireless network which is how the owner of the drone connects. We take over by deauthenticating the owner, then connecting now that the drone is waiting for its owner to connect back in, exploiting the fact that we destroyed their wireless connection temporarily".

Raspberry Pi
"I use a Raspberry Pi to drive the project as it's inexpensive, reasonably light, has USB, and runs Linux."

Alfa AWUS036H wireless adapter
"I use the Alfa AWUS036H wireless card which supports raw packet injection and monitor mode which allow me to deauthenticate users who are legitimately connected to their drones."

Edimax EW-7811Un wireless adapter
"I also use the Edimax EW-7811Un wireless USB adapter in order for SkyJack to launch its own network. This allows me to connect to SkyJack from my laptop or iPad and watch all the other drones as they're being controlled".

USB Battery
"I suggest any USB battery which is light (under 100 grams), and can output close to an amp (1000mAh). The Raspberry Pi + wifi will likely use about this much juice. You could also possibly hook up three AAA batteries together to get about 4.5V out which would be a bit lighter, though I'm not sure how much current it will be able to output".

Last Edited:
timac, you need to put quotes around someone else's ideas just to be fair...all that 'I' stuff might lead others to assume they are your words.

While I am clearly no expert, I doubt the .mil type drones could be so easily hacked or Mohammed's minions would have already done so...but then again, maybe they have. :)

i never got on the zombie bandwagon...been shooting paper/cardboard/steel the entire time and will continue to do so until it's legal to put politicians pictures on targets.

Mindless my arse! At the other end of the RF spectrum is some Mt. Dew swilling punk whose most important qualification to land the job is that he was awesome at XBox. You might be on Middle Sister and he's in Roanoake, VA, laughing about the bullet he just crammed up your tushie. That's on the Fed's side.
Or, it could be the Sheriff's office, checking up on you through your upstairs back bedroom window.
Numerous Supreme Court cases were about and upheld the right to privacy, but the Patriot act allows that to easily be side-stepped.

The other ones would be neighboring punks - slower moving and easier to spot. Yah, I'd shoot them down despite local ordinance, and when the kids showed up like in the recent case, do my best to deliver a beating they could not forget.

Probably the best thing to do in defense of the latter is to develop a form of cannon which fires a net at a drone. As far as government drones, I think that'd be good training to learn to track and spot them.

You sir need to find something else to worry about. Your going to shoot the neighbors kids rc toy then beat him up. Very nice...glad your not my neighbor.

I fly rc planes, gliders and quad copters (drones). I'm 40. If some bubblegum shoots my toy down believe me he won't be kicking my bubblegum afterwards... I assure you it will be the other way around. People need to realize the news media is blowing this bubblegum way out of proportion.

And if anyone is really considering shooting down the neighbors kids drone...you may want to reconsider as you will be criminally liable for damages and some of these toys aint cheap! Also the FAA considers drones aircraft. So your actually shooting at an aircraft. Which could be a real can of worms.:eek:

spy drone lol.jpg

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews