JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Lots of good ideas here. My list?

1. Communication! How you communicate, whether in-person or in writing, says an awful lot about you. Be clear. Answer questions. Be timely. If I want to buy or sell something, I usually want to do it sooner rather than later. That's probably true of most people.

2. Use photos. If I'm going to fork over hundreds of dollars, don't you think I kinda, sorta might want to see what I'm buying before agreeing to buy it? I typically will pass right over ads with no photos. If a person doesn't have enough commonsense to post a photo, I probably don't want to deal with that person anyway. (I'm talking about more expensive items here. I don't necessarily need to see a photo of a $20 item.)

3. If the item has any flaws, be upfront and honest about it. People will appreciate the fact that you're being honest with your disclosures. Besides, karma is a bubblegum.

4. Don't ask me to do anything illegal. Yeah, I know, I know...certain laws are dumb. I "get it". But you're most likely a complete stranger to me. I don't know you from Adam. If you ask me to do something that is pretty obviously illegal, I'm just going to assume you're up to no good and cease contact. I ain't got no time for that.

5. If you want to sell an item, price it realistically. Yes, we'd all like to get $500 for our ratty-looking three year-old Glock 19 with 500 rounds down the pipe. But you're smoking crack if you think your pistol is actually worth that. Remember, most buyers are looking for a deal. A good deal, to be specific. The few times I've sold things here, I sold those items at a price that I was OK with, and that represented a genuine good deal for the buyer. Not surprisingly, all of those items sold fast.

6. Related to my previous item, if your firearm has been for sale for weeks and you aren't getting any takers, that is what's generally known as "a clue". Either it's too expensive, it's garbage, or you somehow messed something else up.

7. State your terms. Trades or no trades? You willing to travel? If so, how far? Is the price negotiable? Who will pay any transfer fees? Bottom line: I don't want to play "20 questions" with you.

8. Don't freak out when I tell you that I'll ask you to sign a very simple bill of sale. I promise, I'm not the FBI, the Illuminati, or whatever else your paranoid mind has envisioned. I simply want a piece of paper that shows I sold a firearm on a particular day. That way, if the police come knocking on my door five years later asking why "my" gun was used in a crime, I can show them something that plausibly backs my claim that I sold that gun years ago. Yes, I know that under the new laws this is possibly somewhat less of an issue. Yet, I still want that piece of paper. If you balk, I will walk.

9. If you're going to meet somewhere, show up or at least have the courtesy to let the other person know you won't be showing up. Believe it or not, it's not OK to waste my time.

10. Be a person of your word. It sounds simple, and is simple. A little integrity can go a long way.

The whole thing with folks that don't post photos really bugs me. In fact, I've seen plenty of folks say "it looks just like every other Glock, 1911, S&W, etc." I don't care if it looks like another gun, I want to see what your gun looks like - what condition it is in - if there are scratches, wear, etc. Like mentioned above, I will likely pass on any ad without at least one decent photo, preferably several - in focus, please. Unless you have something really amazing, I am not going to waste my time asking you to send a photo - I'll move along and you'll lose a potential sale.

If you can take the time to list an item, take the time to take a few decent photos, and don't make potential buyers ask for them, it's lame.

The whole thing with folks that don't post photos really bugs me. In fact, I've seen plenty of folks say "it looks just like every other Glock, 1911, S&W, etc." I don't care if it looks like another gun, I want to see what your gun looks like - what condition it is in - if there are scratches, wear, etc. Like mentioned above, I will likely pass on any ad without at least one decent photo, preferably several - in focus, please. Unless you have something really amazing, I am not going to waste my time asking you to send a photo - I'll move along and you'll lose a potential sale.

If you can take the time to list an item, take the time to take a few decent photos, and don't make potential buyers ask for them, it's lame.

HEAR HEAR!! What he said :s0101:

Yup, pictures are good. I only make one exception, because i've done/do it; Selling a NIB firearm that is actually still NIB condition, i feel it's ok to post up manufacturers pictures.

Hey all, I am looking to put my old Remington 870 12G Wingmaster up on the rifle classifieds and was wondering if any of you had some advice for me before I do so.

Put it in the Shotgun section would be a good start! :)

I, also, need photos. And I don't want images off of the net, I want to see your firearm!
Full disclosure on condition of the item being sold! Again, communicate.
Good luck selling your firearm!

Last Edited:
I like it when folks post five pictures of the left side of there AR.

Look. We know immediately that it doesn't have a forward assist, or dust cover.
Even though you failed to state this.

We also see your not honest and forthright. :s0125:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top