JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Don't forget a home is a coffin. Any actual military force is going to kick a bunch of civies asses. You pick one off and they call in the crew served. If anything happens to the point that I am thinking about bugging out Its over anyways.

Looking at history that is not necessarily true. It is even less true if the military force are part timers (reserves or national guard types).

Taliban has crew served weapons. Somalis have crew served weapons. we don't have crew served. I.E. RPG's, mortars, 14.5mm. Don't be mistaken the Taliban and Somli's have more that just AK's.

Possession is 9/10th of the law. Unless they have more people and more ammo...

-d

Don't forget that you will in all likelihood be going up against families that know the land like the back of their hand and live with a gun daily. For those who can drop a running coyote, a flatlander on a road will be little challenge.

We as citizens do not have access to the heavy weapons that are needed to at least put a dent or hurt the moral of an actual military force.

So true. How many here have practiced squad tactics and movement under fire drills regularly? How many have aerial assets and indirect fire weapons ( mortars)? How many have vehicles armored to stop heavy caliber fire? How many have tanks??? Those who think their beer drinking buddies with souped up ARs are going to stand up to a trained military force are dreaming.

So true. How many here have practiced squad tactics and movement under fire drills regularly? How many have aerial assets and indirect fire weapons ( mortars)? How many have vehicles armored to stop heavy caliber fire? How many have tanks??? Those who think their beer drinking buddies with souped up ARs are going to stand up to a trained military force are dreaming.

Please read some history and learn what partisans (underground) did to the Germans during WWII - especially in Yugoslavia.
Those guys took on battle hardened troops. You cannot seriously expect that we will have the actual US military going Roman on its own citizens? Sorry, I might be cynical about the government overstepping its constitutional authority, but if you ever got a major case of marshal law it would be the end. Those people in politics are arrogant and self serving jerks but I doubt that they will cross certain lines. The end result would be anarchy and governments abhor and fear anarchy. The end result is unpredictable and pretty much mostly everyone loses.

Yes, look at history. Most of the partizans in yugoslav were prior military and were supplied by the soviets with equipment and even officers. The soviet regularly dropped equipment. The Italians also armed a lot of them thinking they would fight the communists.

Please read some history and learn what partisans (underground) did to the Germans during WWII - especially in Yugoslavia.
Those guys took on battle hardened troops. You cannot seriously expect that we will have the actual US military going Roman on its own citizens? Sorry, I might be cynical about the government overstepping its constitutional authority, but if you ever got a major case of marshal law it would be the end. Those people in politics are arrogant and self serving jerks but I doubt that they will cross certain lines. The end result would be anarchy and governments abhor and fear anarchy. The end result is unpredictable and pretty much mostly everyone loses.

1.) I made no conjecture about any social situation I merely observed in agreement with carcano38 that the average group of citizens could not stand up against an organized military force. What do you think would have happened in Holland if the Dutch underground would have taken to the streets against the Whermacht? The Yugoslavs were remnant units of the disbanded army and had OSS and British and Soviet advisors aiding them in unconventional warfare, not open combat. 2.) I'd happily discuss, in depth and detail, any aspect of military history you choose.

Yes your right, it'll be a free fer all and I have the high ground and the fire zones Laid out.
We aint all idiots, even if we live in the sticks
Dear Lord, some of us might even have taught Inf. tactics at some place at some time`, in some distant universe

Yes your right, it'll be a free fer all and I have the high ground and the fire zones Laid out.
We aint all idiots, even if we live in the sticks
Dear Lord, some of us might even have taught Inf. tactics at some place at some time`, in some distant universe

Can I come hang out with all ya all? I'll bring a bbq along!

-d

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads