JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
A couple of good points brought out in this thread.
It can seriouslly happen anywhere. Some places are inherentlly safer than others, but none are fullproof. The only way to really be prepared, is to be prepared to do for yourself.
Bad guys dont nessecarilly need guns. 1 on three, almost no amount of other training will allow you to escape unharmed. Those are looking to hurt others will ALWAYS try to make sur the odds are on thier side. Either by suprise, by weapons or by numbers. They have no interest in a fair fight, because being able to walk away isn't thier goal.

As for the question of my kids doctor carrying? Assuming I had kids, sure, why not? If a periatrician carries on a routine basis, I can assume his concern is for his safty and the safty of those around him. The odds of an accident occuring whih results in his gun jumping out of it's holster, discharging and hitting the patient are next to 0. The odds of a doctors office being robbed by an armed assailant? Considerably higher.

Friends, just to throw this out....how would you react to your child's doctor feeling the same in his office....does he need to carry...?
Just asking for argument sake.

Geez...based on the example given, we're not talking about a doctors office here. We're talking about being out in the boondocks.

So here we go again...never mind what the actual situation is...there's always someone that throws in something to obfuscate the premise of the original intent of the discussion.

Are you sure that having physicians carrying weapons would be a good thing? After all, physicians caused more deaths that firearms did/do. Wouldn't combining them cause a huge uproar as to how dangerous firearms are in the hands of physicians by the liberal media?

Are you sure that having physicians carrying weapons would be a good thing? After all, physicians caused more deaths that firearms did/do. Wouldn't combining them cause a huge uproar as to how dangerous firearms are in the hands of physicians by the liberal media?

I love the irony of it all - it made me smile this morning... Now for some coffee...

:beer: < pretend that's a starbucks

(didn't this thread start with skiing?)

OK DOC, do you conceal your silly walking in public? Or, do you openly silly walk?

And KIDS THESE DAYS,..who can trust 'em? Of course pediatricians should carry. like duh

I already have put my children's lives in the trust of their doctor--otherwise we would not be seeing him. I would also have much more respect for a doctor who is willing to take up that extra bit of public responsibility (carrying).

While he is in office...seeing your children....is he that unsafe..? I am no anti.....if you have seen my posts, and yes I am a doc..... but sometime its good to put these questions out.

Well...since this thread has already been hijacked...are you serious, Doc?

You have to travel to and from work, don't you? Maybe you drive across town and park your car in a garage. Have you heard about road rage incidents, carjackings, parking garage muggings?

Perhaps you take a bus to work and walk to and from the bus stop. Ever noticed anyone on that bus or hanging around the stops that were cause for some concern?

Do you walk anywhere for lunch? I hate to break it to you, but not everybody on the street has your best interests at heart.

As somebody pointed out, there are drugs in the office or hospital where you work that might attract a violent intruder.

If you carry concealed for self-defense, you best carry wherever you go. You simply can't predict if/when you might encounter a violent sociopath. That's not paranoia - it's just a fact.

So why wouldn't you carry in the office if you are a pediatrician? The safest place to keep a firearm is on your person and in your control. It is less likely to be stolen or handled by unauthorized persons - and it is always available in case of an emergency.

Surely you are not suggesting that pediatricians are less trustworthy than the average CPL holder? Or that they are somehow exempt from the potential dangers the rest of us may encounter?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top