JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I used to have my CHL but never once carried. Went to college, let it expire got out of guns for awhile (I know, shame shame :D). But now I'm back on track, buying guns faster than a fat kid eats tacos and I'm in the process of getting my CHL, but have been lazy about making the appointment to get the Sheriff to sign...etc.
But bleepity bleep. This story and random act of violence make me want to carry all the time. What is happening to our society?!

<broken link removed>

I think it's important to note that the assailants didn't have (or need) guns of their own.

Gee, I guess even a disarmed group of thugs can still be a bit of a problem, eh?

Criminals don't make appointments. Carry all the time.

Criminals don't make appointments. Carry all the time.

THIS!

What a horrible thing to happen to that skier, thank god those students came along!

ETA: Yet another good example that there are people out there who don't just want your keys or your wallet or your watch...

You can give them everything they want and they still won't be happy til they've made you suffer... Pent up aggression towards the rest of the world? Straight up sociopathy? Heck if I know but what does it matter... Semper Paratus...

Friends, just to throw this out....how would you react to your child's doctor feeling the same in his office....does he need to carry...?
Just asking for argument sake.

The doctor that I would take my (future) children to - sure he can carry.

Good family friend in pediatrics.

Even if he is not in practice - I would like to think that the doctor that I feel comfortable with would be somebody that I would be fine if they carried.

Why? Well police officers and soilders carry all the time. And besides, doctors have a lot to lose if they mess up... think of all that income they would lose and the malpractice suit they would be open to etc...

There are a lot of psychological reasons that I would trust a doctor to carry. Of course, at the end of the day, you could make an argument against carrying about anybody....

Not that I would buy it.

While he is in office...seeing your children....is he that unsafe..? I am no anti.....if you have seen my posts, and yes I am a doc..... but sometime its good to put these questions out.

Pediatrician... someone you trust for medical advice and treatment regarding your child; someone you trust to stick a needle in your kid's arm; someone you trust with virtually all available personal information on your child; someone you trust to be alone with your child in the exam room...

If there are reasons to be concerned about your kid's doctor, his/her carry status isn't high on the list.

Fine, I'll just say it. If YOU as a doctor feel secure enough with yourself to do the right thing, then by ALL MEANS - feel free to carry when examining my (future) children.

If I have an uneasy feeling about you, then you would not be examining my children.

So hard to put this in frank terms...

Just by the fact that you are concerned about how you present yourself to your clients, I think I would be cool with your decision. Okay, time to go watch something less violent than the news. Like Fight Club or something...:s0114:

Why should a person because of their position or job not be capable of defending themselves or those around them?
Is this the conscientious objector/Quaker approach?
I don't understand the question I guess. If someone is comfortable with the idea of using lethal force it doesn't matter what they do in their jobs.

My friend I agree to disagree...if you are trained as a police officer and/or a soldier...it can become second nature.....but as a doctor.......??

The question presented itself as one of trust of a doctor as a person than of the skill of a doctor to shoot a gun.

There are pleanty of poor shots in BOTH the Army and in police forces. Trust me. They don't wash you out of the army for being a poor shot.

Also - didn't the chief of police in San Francisco ignore her department's rules that she had to qualify every year with her service weapon? If memory serves right, she had not logged any time at the range in 8 years...

Granted with practice, comes skill. But that did not seem to be the question you were asking...

My friend I agree to disagree...if you are trained as a police officer and/or a soldier...it can become second nature.....but as a doctor.......??

Ignorance must be bliss. MANY LEO's are not 'gun people'. They use it as a tool for work, qualify (barely), but beyond that have very little interest in guns outside of work. In fact, I know a lot of LEO's that don't even conceal carry off duty. Compare them to the 'untrained' doctors who have a passion, have training, and practice all the time w/their hobby. Doctors (and anyone else for that matter) can easily be better prepared/trained than an LEO.

Ignorance must be bliss. MANY LEO's are not 'gun people'. They use it as a tool for work, qualify (barely), but beyond that have very little interest in guns outside of work. In fact, I know a lot of LEO's that don't even conceal carry off duty. Compare them to the 'untrained' doctors who have a passion, have training, and practice all the time w/their hobby. Doctors (and anyone else for that matter) can easily be better prepared/trained than an LEO.

Ignorance is bliss under some circumstances....

I was trying to discuss that... all situations, circumstances...while even skiing warrant carrying...? Again argument sake....

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top