Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Things I wish I had purchased prior to the panic!

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by bassman2, Jan 8, 2013.

1. bassman2

bassman2 SW WA Active Member

I'd always liked the H&K USC/UMP conversions.... I've almost bought a 1919A4 a couple of times.....I'd love to have one of the mini 1919's from lakeside..... Where's my KSG that I wanted? ...What about that Benelli M4?

Complacency damn it! Looks like I'll have to either pay too much or do without!

What was on your list before the panic hit?

2. samuelm16

samuelm16 se pdx Well-Known Member

Wish i wouldnt have sold my one and only ar 6 months ago with the mindset they were dime a dozen now im building one in this mess all i need is a barrel and bolt so id should eventually be able to source that stuff

3. PX4WA

PX4WA Tacoma, WA Active Member

Ah... The ever elusive KSG...

There was a lot of talk about people overpricing their KSG then... Now you're lucky to own one in this lifetime...

I regret trading my KSG... That guy made out like a bandit....

4. benjohson

benjohson Oregon Member

LMT .308...... Great White Buffalo.....

Lebowski and (deleted member) like this.
  5. Garg

Garg east of portland metro Hold my beer..... watch this Bronze Supporter

Just ammo.. but the price will come back down as soon as all the idiots stop buying a doll hair a round stuff and buying everyone out..

6. speeddemon94

speeddemon94 The Rogue Well-Known Member

I retired from the service prematurely, due to, uh...injuries incurred. I sold my RRA CAR-4 5 years back, with the thought: I really want an M-110 SASS. Well here I am, no toy. Will be fixing shortly. The crappy thing is I was a weapons guy...I could easily build one, but the parts are very scarce. Oh well, I found a pretty good deal, and will be all fixed up shortly. Someday tho.

7. mkwerx

mkwerx Forest Grove, OR Well-Known Member

More ammo, more magazines, an AR for my wife, and a 10/22 before they started selling for a grand with a "banana mag" ;)

I was saving up to get one of Curt's $599 AR's for my wife - then the damn panic hit - and those guns doubled in price, and they're just going to climb unless the panic stops and the ban gets defeated.

8. speeddemon94

You know, that reminds me...I've never owned a 22lr, rifle or pistol. I always just borrowed my dad's. Need to fix that.

9. charros93

charros93 Puget Sound Active Member

Blasphemy! :bluelaugh:

xymotic and (deleted member) like this.
  10. speeddemon94

I bought my Son a single shot Rossi .17HMR for his 7th birthday...nice little scope...but that's the only rimfire in my 20+ years of buying guns. That is really fairly strange, come to think of it.

11. Mark W.

Mark W. Silverton, OR Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

The panic hasn't effected my firearms want list what so ever.

The panic buying has effected my weekly purchases of reloading supplies (but I have plenty to wait out any current supply issues)

The Panic has only caused me to save more money so that when Grandpas rifles and shotguns hit the market in a panic to try to cover the HUGE CC bills before the interest starts rolling over and over.

12. PBinWA

PBinWA Clark County Well-Known Member

I wish I hadn't sold my SIG 556 a month ago. It would have sold for a lot more now. :(

13. moose

moose northwet coast Well-Known Member

I was telling my wife today that I regret not getting a few things. But I was refering to FOPA of 1986...

I remember my granddad telling me what a piece of crap the NFA of 1934 was.

14. jordanvraptor

jordanvraptor Oregon City, Oregon Well-Known Member

Totally impractical but I wanted an Uzi... :)

15. gaijinsamurai

gaijinsamurai Beaverton Well-Known Member 2016 Volunteer

Not totally impractical. It's a good tool to make people jealous...;)

locobob and (deleted member) like this.
  16. gaijinsamurai

gaijinsamurai Beaverton Well-Known Member 2016 Volunteer

I'm not really in need of anything, but it would have been nice to have had three more AR lowers (currently own three ARs): two to build each of my kids a carbine for when they're older, and a 20" DMR for myself to replace the one I traded for a 6.8 SPC carbine.

Also, it wouldn't have hurt to have had a few more 6.8 mags, but I'm not stressing over it.

17. Nwcid

Nwcid Yakima and N of Spokane Well-Known Member

Well the 1989 ban is what dictates the price on those.

I have a Model 45 that I have been considering selling. Problem is I have so many accessories that it will take a lot of effort to part it out. It is set up for .9mm, .41AE and .45.

18. das_napeth

das_napeth Snohomish, WA Member

M1a in a Sage Chassis and a PS90. I've got 9 AR's plus tons of parts, mags, etc. Got an AUG and an FS2000 also, just missing those 2.

19. notchman

notchman Kitsap Peninsula, WA Member

A full auto M16 or M4 Carbine or a select fire FN/FAL or a full auto suppressed Sten or Sterling. Any one of those would be cool to have. If we're talking about the current panic then I wish I would have bought more 7.62NATO South African Battle Packs to feed my CETME and wish I had picked on a FAL prior to their prices skyrocketing.

20. lmmmmm

lmmmmm Seattle Member

thanks for the idea. have one that wasnt worth much anymore after the prices for them declined. good time to unload it.