JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Yep, I am an old fart that has been into guns since I was 7 years old. I have seen many changes and watched as people and markets move in both directions. The AR deal really gets me.

First came the AWB and it drove the price of black guns up double what they were. Magazines went high and basicly the sellers made lots of money. Funny how it all went away after ten years then the price of guns and mags went back to reasonable.

Now we have an election and the prices double again. Fear has a way of moving prices. Yet now that the market is flooded with ARs you see people selling them for $599

"$599"

http://cmmginc.secure-mall.com/shop/?shop=1&cat=161&

What do you guys think about this??

jj

I talked to a guy from Redmond Or who says he is a manufacturer of parts for ARs at the Portland show. It seems to me they are now dumping for low prices because they can see there is a flood of guns and parts headed our way. Times may get good here and you should take advantage as the prices drop like a rock.

However you guys that bought high, well you might have to wait for the next big scare to get your money back. LOL

jj

Sounds like we have a lot in common..Jim.. I started shooting in 1958..and it's been in my blood ever since.. I've watched these trends..with a bit of amazement myself.. I can remember..back when our last Left Wing Looney put the 10rd. magazine limit into effect..and folks were charging upwards of $100+ for Glock mags.. Of course..we put up with it..because of the enormous impact it had on crime..:s0077:

What I find most interesting..is that the initial impact of the recent disaster (Some call it an election) has dissipated..and prices are coming back down..because a lot of folks think the threat of the most rabid anti-gun administration in the history of our country was all paranoia..because they haven't overtly acted yet..

Be patient.. You ain't seen nothin yet....

What I can't wait for is the flood of cheap ammo:D It will come as so many guys are stockpiled to the hilt. Looking forward to $8 a brick for 22 and $2 a box for 223 again. It's comming, just before inflation drives them up out of reach.:s0131:

jj

LOL. our next 22lr order is next spring. That was what Federal told us. And it is a long ways from $8 a brick.

Hope you didn't pay too much for the order:D I bet alot of dealers are wondering who will buy them high priced ARs.:s0114::s0114:

Things will go down for a while then inflation will skyrocket prices, my prediction:s0131:

jj

I got alot of reasons to say the economy will tank this winter and prices will fall. When the economy goes again government will spend more money to get it moving and cause us to have inflation like we have never seen. Just a best guess of course. It will effect gun prices and ammo prices with wild swings if what I say comes true.

jj

With AR's being available for $600, do you think AK's will come back down to $300 or less?

I'm also excited to watch all those guys who bought ammo for $30+/box to have to sell it for a loss.

We are seeing more and more AR's and AK's for sale with prices coming down a little. Magazines are also coming down in price. Prices on Ammunition are not doing much yet. It looks like our bricks of 22's will be under $15-$16 but it does not do us much good if it takes 6 months to get it. We spend hours a week looking for hunting ammo and find nothing except odd ball calibers. 30-30, 30-06, 7mag forget it. Federal admits that they spent so many resources on handgun ammo, that they are now playing catch up with hunting rounds. Just my 3.225 cents worth.

It is a crapshoot what the future will bring, but I would rather have sufficient ammo at a higher price than not have any. I will always believe as long as he is in office, that Obama Bin Lyin' will try to disarm his slaves (citizens).

I would like a deal on a Saiga 12 like that. :s0155:

I've seen them pop up lately for around $500 but there was one for $450 not long ago locally. I would have bought it myself If I didn't already have one.

100_1796.jpg

100_1799.jpg

I will always believe as long as he is in office, that Obama Bin Lyin' will try to disarm his slaves (citizens).

Do you have any evidence of this? Support for gun control has declined since Obama and democrats got elected. I understand that you don't like him or agree with him, but this shortage was manufactured completely by people like you saying things like that.

Anyways, Trism, where did you find an AK for $300? It is also nice that some stores didn't take advantage of the shortage and jack their prices up. Bi Mart and walmart both still have pretty fair prices on ammo.

Do you have any evidence of this? Support for gun control has declined since Obama and democrats got elected. I understand that you don't like him or agree with him, but this shortage was manufactured completely by people like you saying things like that.

Anyways, Trism, where did you find an AK for $300? It is also nice that some stores didn't take advantage of the shortage and jack their prices up. Bi Mart and walmart both still have pretty fair prices on ammo.

It was a private sale, but I'm seeing more deals everyday. I picked up an $1100 Sig for $500 last week, then there were the $279 Beretta 96D's from the group buy. Someone here has a G3 for $525 obo, that's worth looking at.

I once read that when the Communists were consolidating their tyranical hold on the Chinese, they got control of ALL food and would only let citizens have it if they turned in their firearms and ammo. Could that happen here? Could it be in the plans of our "Master"? I hope we NEVER have to find out. 50,000,000 chinese died during that time which the Guiness Book of Records says is the greatest slaughter of humans in history.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top