JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This type of smash and grab behavior is not uncommon in many large South American cities. I recall having those conversations with my wife when we were dating, she's from Peru and always worked hard at me keeping a low, non-flashy profile. I was a bit less aware back then :eek:
I think people tend to forget that carjacking and drive bys were/are totally south american inventions. Narco days stuff. Wait for or cause a traffic jam, get in there on a motorbike or moped, maybe on foot, hit the target, grab the stash or car, and split.
Good technique, if you discount potential for interference from bystanders, potential for collateral damage and are certain of your exfil.

S.F. might be a nice place to visit but.....

NOPE, that would be a mistake.

Could this be in Portland's future?

Aloha, Mark
When were you downtown last?
After being in and out of it all week, I'd say we're there.
Seeing construction workers shaking homeless folks out of jobsites was a bit of an eye opener.
One thing a lot of you may not know, is that when you report a homeless campsite, the police put it on a list that essentially equals "we'll get there if we can" (no disrespect, there are way more campsites, junkies and homeless than police, and the "trimmigrants", or nomadic cannabis trim workers that are a side effect of the legal cannabis industry don't help, nor does Portland's recent downgrade of the penalties accrued by possession of hard narcotics) and you are set to deal with them until the police show up or they leave. Doing property management and maintenance in the Rockwood area as a side gig, I see it a lot.
Have a dope fiend RV in your parking lot? Unless you own the property, and have let the tenants of said vehicle you have reported it, the towing company/city/police will not tow it.
It's pretty f'ed up around here.

I think people tend to forget that carjacking and drive bys were/are totally south american inventions. Narco days stuff. Wait for or cause a traffic jam, get in there on a motorbike or moped, maybe on foot, hit the target, grab the stash or car, and split.
Good technique, if you discount potential for interference from bystanders, potential for collateral damage and are certain of your exfil.
But bystanders are helpless, they have no right to arm themselves for protection, they just get to play the role of victim in the taskmasters play of life...

Edited to correct the incorrect predictive text... Somehow, it doesn't know what I'm thinking...

When were you downtown last?
After being in and out of it all week, I'd say we're there.
Seeing construction workers shaking homeless folks out of jobsites was a bit of an eye opener.
One thing a lot of you may not know, is that when you report a homeless campsite, the police put it on a list that essentially equals "we'll get there if we can" (no disrespect, there are way more campsites, junkies and homeless than police, and the "trimmigrants", or nomadic cannabis trim workers that are a side effect of the legal cannabis industry don't help, nor does Portland's recent downgrade of the penalties accrued by possession of hard narcotics) and you are set to deal with them until the police show up or they leave. Doing property management and maintenance in the Rockwood area as a side gig, I see it a lot.
Have a dope fiend RV in your parking lot? Unless you own the property, and have let the tenants of said vehicle you have reported it, the towing company/city/police will not tow it.
It's pretty f'ed up around here.
Two words- Democratic Rule

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews