JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Those have intrinsic value at least. Someone had to find them, make something, string the beads. Dollars are just created out of thin air, backed by nothing. Counterfeit printing by gov/fed is ok. If you do it, it is off to prison with you.

Dang Burt,

Thanks for the eye opener(s). So it appears to me (bear with me, my b cluster may have been damaged on a night-jump back in the late 80's) that precious metals will hold their value longer leading up to the collapse; but will still loose much of their (pre-collapse) value after the collapse. So dumping them at the last possible moment to get the most valuable items would be the "key" to having the best chance for survival?

A lot of us witnessed the elderly being disparaged for keeping money & other valuables in boxes because they distrusted the banks after the GDP; who do they think was silly now?

I cant afford to buy gold and silver! i'm spending all my money on guns and canning jars! :s0155: And i cant say how much, but i am making and storing quite the collection of wine and whiskey, so when you guys have your silver and gold but nothing to drink hit me up! :cool: i will have years worth for an entire army! Oh..... did i just say i was starting an army?:s0131:

So knowing all of this, would you say that having digits in a bank or fiat dollars is wiser than having PMs? If so, then you must be posting from a JP Morgan cubicle somewhere, or just misguided on the subject.

Going on the premise that PMs themselves are not a fiat currency (which they in a sense are) choosing between monopoly money or PM I would choose PM.

But to point out, you and I don't say what the price of PMs are. The powers that be do. So your $5000 in gold can be devalued very quickly at their whim. I have no faith in what men in pointy hats and fancy pants tell me.

I don't disagree with you, but the push for the silver and gold buying is a manipulation to con the people who think it will be worth something during a collapse.

Just as long as we agree that the worst thing to rely on is the dollar/fiat, I'm happy.

Oathkeeper,

To understand how valuable PMs are pre/post collapse in a national suffering from fiat currency collapse (hyperinflation), just look to a nation where it has already happened.

In Zimbabwe they printed their currency into oblivion. A 500-trillion dollar note might buy you a stick of gum. In the 80s's the Zimbabwean currency was one-for-one the same value as the dollar.

image002.jpg

Now, what is the value of gold there for obtaining resources?

Families will spend a whole day panning for gold iin the hopes of finding just one tiny, nearly microscopic spec. Why? Because the tiniest spec of gold will buy you a cart full of groceries.

Simply put, when fiat currencies collapse, people rush to precious metals like a tsunami and will give up their first born to get their hands on it. That is before and after the Fiat collapse. There is no 'rush' to sell before gold becomes worthless, that is a myth.
All the 'rush' is to dump worthless fiat. In other words, gold will climb to tens of thousands of dollars in value vs fiat, silver to hundreds of dollars an ounce - in days.

People who say it will have no value when the dollar implodes just do not know history or what is happening in other places where hyperinflation has already taken hold. The 'no one is going to give you food or a gun in trade for silver/gold' is just an irrational/emotional argument that does not hold water. If Gold becomes 'worthless' it will be the first time gold will be worthless in 5000+ years; highly unlikely. Silver, however, for many reasons is even better.

In Zimbabwe, a man with a gold ounce coin would be a king on a hill with a maid and car. A half of an ounce of gold in Zimbabwe will buy you a small farm. Remember again that 30 years ago their 'dollar' was worth the same as ours.

This is four years ago (below) - now gold will buy you much more. The very first human writings 6-6.5k years ago, people wrote about the value of GOLD. It's history is amazing really.

Last edited by a moderator:
The worth of PMs will be based on the the event that causes the fall. In the case of it just being and American collapse, then one fiat currency will just just replace the old American one. If it is something of a global scale demise, where all currency is worthless... Then PMs really won't matter that much. Food and water will be worth much more than PMs. Mind you it depends on the catastrophe. The reason gold is so valuable in Zimbabwe is because the entire world is not in the same situation. So for a regional only demise Burt is by far 100% correct. However in case of a worldwide demise then I would have to argue that PMs would weight too much to carry and food and water would be way better.

Alerts - Just a clue as to how safe your savings will be in US Banks in the not too distant future.

SO HAPPY I killed my IRA, took the 10% hit and left the banksters sucking their thumbs.

Americans are going to get a hard lesson on who is really running the show in this country - hint - it isn't the puppet politicians.

Thanks Burt, you really "opened my eyes" to where I stand; I'm in a lot better shape than I was in 2008 when I started my post-constitutional prep program, but I'm not ready to call myself an Omega Man yet.......

If I grasp the magnitude of the PM/dollar reality; if the current ammo situation is anything like what will happen when the dollar collapses; the amount of ammunition on the shelves being next to none is my frame of reference. I could offer the counter-person 5 hundred bucks or a gold nugget for just one bullet, but since there isn't any ammo on the shelf, the ammo becomes more precious (if I need it) than the money or gold.

Buying/having all the stuff I need to be self-sufficient makes going on vacations and other recreational events less important.

Looks like we are all heading back to the pastoral-lives our forefathers lived; I have to get one of those grain processors because I have no way to process grains.

Absolutely. There are a lot of things that come before PMs. PMs are ONLY (imo) an alternate replacement for fiat dollars.

The banks in Cyprus are supposed to re-open on Tuesday. The bank runs should be very interesting and a peek into our own future.

As for being able to go back to pastoral-lives, farming ... or more importantly ... the freedom to choose to do that ... I don't see it.

The future is more of an open police/slave state (as opposed to clandestine). People that are farming will be doing so as slave on a Montesanto-controlled corporate farm only. Individual farms will be confiscated for the benefit of the state and the 'greater good' of the people. If you want to see the future of small farms and gardens, just look at how well they thrive under tyranny (Stalin's Russia, a prime example).

If you look close, you can see all the signs of that. People are getting jail time for milking their own cows, fines for having unauthorized gardens, charges for collecting rainwater off your roof. Give it enough time. It will be criminal to grow tomatoes in your back yard.

Our owners want to control and own it all. They are not about to let us spread out, grow farms and communities and become MORE FREE. There will be no middle class. Just the ultra-Elite billionaires/trillionaires that run the show and the slaves/peasants.

America is coming to an end. Freedoms (illusions or not) are coming to an end. People are not getting that message because only comforting messages can enter the minds of the sheep.

Last edited by a moderator:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top