JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
<broken link removed>

Will this be the vehicle they use when coming to confiscate your high cap assault bb weapon? Seriously is this the armored vehicles Alex Jones has been talking about?
If so I'm not too bothered. Is anyone else?

The REVA 4x4 MKII Armoured Personnel Carrier (APC) is a mine-protected vehicle. It is produced by ICP South Africa. The vehicle's V-shaped hull offers protection against land mines and Improvised Explosive Devices (IED)s. The vehicle has space for at least 10 passengers. Ten firing ports are also available. Two light machine guns can be used and cover a 360-degree on roller bearing turret hatches.

If so I'm not too bothered. Is anyone else?

It is produced by ICP South Africa.

I am VERY bothered by this. WHY are all of OUR tax dollars going over seas instead of being spent here? But then again 2000 vehicles at $50,000 is only 100 Million dollars, no big deal...........

I am VERY bothered by this. WHY are all of OUR tax dollars going over seas instead of being spent here? But then again 2000 vehicles at $50,000 is only 100 Million dollars, no big deal...........
I'm not sure but I think I heard the news say that no tax payer dollars were used. If the money exists it should be spent funding the police depts though. I'm not paranoid about them yet but I do feel they're overkill.

I guess I got confused since I did not assume LSCO bought $100 Million worth of them.

Yes many agencies get them "donated" from other agencies or surplussed. This is still tax dollars but at least they are reusing the equipment vs throwing good stuff away and buying new.

Our county sheriffs get some sweet discounts with the military to purchase used military equipment, from command tents to 4x4's, so although this is a bit silly it's really not out of the norm as far as I'm concerned.

I still don't like the way they cry poor-mouth every year with so called budget cuts etc. If money was donated to buy them, it should go to fix their finances and stop asking for more money from us. I haven't got a raise in two years I'm sure those sherrifs have an annual boost regardless of the economy.

note: I know that the vehicles in the LCSO article are different. I'm just responding to comments about these being the same as the DHS vehicles, or that DHS vehicles are repurposed/surplus - they're not. They're purpose-built to operate within the US.

Hate to break it to you guys but the DHS vehicles are NOT re-purposed MaxxPros. I thought they were at first until I looked into it further. They are based on the Israeli-made "Golan" MRAP chassis. I doubt Israel is just giving them away to us, even though we've pretty much given billions of dollars in cash and hardware to them over the years.

Israel Golan:

LaY3fUy.jpg

DHS Golan-based vehicle:

Y0JD12C.jpg

Same exact vehicle, to a tee - just with a few "improvements". Made in Israel, not in the US. Not surplus, not donated. Bought by you & I.

I was talking to a retired FBI Special Agent/SWAT commander, and he said that FBI units across the country are getting MRAPs of some sort that were "originally" scheduled to go to Afghanistan. The reason they were not sent there is because the builder of the vehicle didn't put enough, or the right kind of armor in the V-shaped hull. So the military decided to give them away. He questioned why if it was only an armor issue, why they weren't sent back to the manufacturer and fixed...... He didn't know how many were given away, but he knew that his city has one, as do others. This made me think of my conversation with him.

I saw the KEZi report last night and I thought they said it was a refurbished Humvee. No matter as the militarization of our sheriff's and police is very disturbing to me.

<broken link removed>

The REVA 4x4 MKII Armoured Personnel Carrier (APC) is a mine-protected vehicle. It is produced by ICP South Africa. The vehicle's V-shaped hull offers protection against land mines and Improvised Explosive Devices (IED)s. The vehicle has space for at least 10 passengers. Ten firing ports are also available. Two light machine guns can be used and cover a 360-degree on roller bearing turret hatches.

.... EFP (Explosively Formed Penetrator) IED. You can always learn something from your enemies

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top