Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

They want to put a mosque at Ground Zero?!!!WTF

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by SanBlas, Aug 4, 2010.

1. SanBlas

SanBlas Silverdale,Wa Member

They want to put a mosque at Ground Zero??? are you bubbleguming kidding me!!!!!!!!!IS AMERICA LOSING ITS MIND??
    Pat Condell on Ground Zero mosque: "Is it possible to be astonished, but not surprised?" - Jihad Wat
    Jihad Watch

I cant even talk about this no more...you guys read it and tell me if im wrong to want to be the first to burn that bubblegum down if they would put it up..i give it a week at the most...
    Hope there is more True Patriots like me...

I dont give a bubblegum what you belive in...but not on ground zero... Thats like having a shrine to the kamikazes at Pearl Harbor or of a statue of Hitler outside the Auschwitz gates. Would the KKK be greenlighted to build a "reconciliation center" on the site of the 16th St. Baptist Church... i understand its part of the first Amendment...but that bubblegum is just bubbleguming wrong...

But lets see what you guys got to say about this one.

2. SanBlas

As you see i am very angry about this subject and i was censored with the same word at least 5 times...sorry foor the cursing just pissed off..

3. KomradRazvan

KomradRazvan Portland and Salem Oregon New Member

Well imho you are wrong. Simple fact is that it is NOT at ground zero, its a few blocks away. Its been out in the news for quite some time now too.

Here is a map of the area.

4. SanBlas

I stand Corrected..as i just look up more info and what you stated is true...but i am sorry..and if i offend you in any way..i still dont belive that there should be one build that close...espically for size they intent on building it...new york is huge...plenty of building but not that close...
    my 2 cents at least...

5. KomradRazvan

Hey no worries man. I wasnt offended. Just helping you out with your facts. Feel about it anyway you like, its a free country. But any true patriot would not be against that, as not allowing them to build it would be prejudice and somewhat persecutory. The truth is that on 9/11, Christians, Muslims, Jews, and infidels alike died in the attacks. Mainstream Islam has denounced the hijackers as cowards. It is only radical islam that praises them, which is actually a very small percentage of the muslim world. Yet, sadly it is the percentage that the non-muslim world sees. Jihadists and radical muslims are in general illiterate, of low intelligence, and not very logical people, equivalent to boondock rednecks in the U.S. The people who say stuff like "Nuke the Middle East!" and "The apocolypse is near." and the kind of people u see on Jerry Springer. This is the sad part: that a few ruin it for the many.

Now back to the topic at hand. I think that they should do whatever they are legally allowed to do. As long as they arent starting to throw it in the face of others.

6. RVTECH

RVTECH LaPine Well-Known Member

I agree with this but due to the nature of the issue shouldn't the Muslim Community exercise basic mannerism here and respect the wishes of the majority who do not want this built? If they, Mainstream Islam, is as sensitive and understanding toward what the non-muslim world sees as they claim then wouldn't it be in their best interest to halt this project? And unless something has changed I did not see any Japanese shrines, monasteries, temples etc. when I was at Pearl Harbor.

7. Bajablast

Bajablast Hillsboro, OR Active Member

With New York City Mayor Bloomberg 100% behind this, it just gives me another reason to not go to NYC.

If the prospective building was multi cultural ie Muslim, Jewish, Christian, etc all in one I would be behind it, but since it is Muslim only with seriously questionable funding, no go for me..............this simply is not appropriate for that region of NYC.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

"LIFE IS NOT A JOURNEY TO THE GRAVE...WITH THE
    INTENTION OF ARRIVING SAFELY IN A PRETTY AND WELL
    PRESERVED BODY, BUT RATHER TO SKID IN BROADSIDE,
    THOROUGHLY USED UP, TOTALLY WORN OUT, AND LOUDLY
    PROCLAIMING----WOW----WHAT A RIDE!!!"

8. KomradRazvan

the problem with this mentality is that there is always someone to take it a step further. Some people may say "well the 9/11 attacks hurt not just NYC but the entire state of New York. They shouldn't be built there. Actually, come to think of it, it hurt the whole nation, so they should just not build any of them in this country!" You see where this is going? ok. And i know no one on here is saying that (atleast i hope not), but you know well enough that there is someone out there who is.

9. darkminstrel

darkminstrel PDX Well-Known Member

I think of it along the same lines as statues/busts of historical figures in The South. There's no great out-cry from the blacks that 'Whitey X shouldn't have a statue in the middle of town dedicated to him! He was a slave owner!!'. The reason is because not every white guy was a slave owner...just like not every Muslim is a bomb carrying, turban wearing martyr.

10. soberups

soberups Newberg Well-Known Member

If the barbaric actions of "Muslim" extremists make it inappropriate to place a mosque near the World Trade Center, then it would follow that the barbaric actions of a "Christian" extremist (Timothy McVeigh) would also make it inappropriate to place a Christian church near the site of the Oklahoma City bombing.

You cant have it both ways, no matter how emotionally convenient it might be.

11. Trlsmn

Trlsmn In Utero (Portland) Well-Known Member

"There's a pool hall right here in river city"

12. Scrammer

Scrammer SW Washington Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

If this is such a great Idea.
    Then why is the city of New York stone walling the reconstruction of the Greek Orthodox Church at the foot of the twin towers site ?

13. pdxjohann

pdxjohann Portland near Tigard Member

You lost me there Scrammer.

14. Trlsmn

Trlsmn In Utero (Portland) Well-Known Member

Anti-Macedonianism?

15. mitchard

mitchard Arlington, WA New Member

Like Komrad said, radical extremists committed the crimes, not just ordinary Muslims. Being against the building of this mosque in any way is a great way of showing religious intolerance, and really defeats any kind of patriotic stand anyone may be trying to take by saying it shouldn't be built.

The comparison to this being like putting a statue of Hitler outside of a concentration camp is completely over doing it and is a very bad example. This is in no way honoring these people for the events they caused.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.