JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
http://www.wnd.com/2015/05/boy-10-beats-dog-to-death-with-stick/

THEY (the evil) WALK AMONG US
Boy, 10, beats dog to death with stick
Claims he was attacked but witnesses dispute
Published: 15 hours ago
(KTXA-TV) Residents in one Fort Worth neighborhood are shocked after "Cookie," a Cavalier mix, was allegedly beaten to death.

Police said an 11-year-old boy chased Cookie out of the pet's back yard with a stick, eventually cornering him on a porch then killing him.

Being as harsh as I am distresses me, but you should look at the histories of most of the Evil and of the serial killers in this world and even at 10 it is an indicator of the level of evil that grows in them. This is a child that will most likely kill someone before they reach 20. Not much can actually be done til that time, but never take your eyes off them for the balance of their life.

I think he should be housed at the local pound for the next 20 yrs.
He is very doubtful to lead a sane life if he is that screwed up now. Another Gacy or
Bundy in the beginning years.
Actually having him work at the local human society taking care of animals, preferably nursing abused animals back to health, under supervision, would probably be the best thing for him, it would also benefit the animals and society.

This would be probation - if he failed, then he would face more severe punishment.

Not every child who does something like this is a lost cause.

At 10 (or 11 - the article contradicted its headline), a child's moral development is pretty advanced, believe it or not. If they don't know right from wrong by then, it's unlikely they will ever be able to internalize the morality of their society.

That said, the article doesn't mention what type of neighborhood this was - in a lot of the urban poor neighborhoods, the "morality of their society" includes wanton killing of people for trivial offenses or no offense whatsoever. It may be that this lad was simply acting out what he sees happening around him every day. After all, if the older people in his neighborhood will kill someone for wearing the "wrong" color bandana, why not kill a dog?

Clearly, punishment is in order, but the idea that punishment might somehow "correct" this child might be over-optimistic. As others have already mentioned, a number of serial killers started out killing animals for fun, but that doesn't necessarily mean that every child who kills dogs, cats or birds is going to end up a serial killer. However, it shows a certain callousness toward life that doesn't indicate a happy future; he may not become a serial killer in the "classic" sense, but he may end up as an adult (if he lives that long) who is violent and dangerously aggressive (see: Michael Brown).

Jim

I don't condone hurting animals, but I find it ironic how dog worshipers are so sensitive to the plight of their furry friends while at the same time quick to demand the perp be tortured in a horrific fashion.

I don't condone hurting animals, but I find it ironic how dog worshipers are so sensitive to the plight of their furry friends while at the same time quick to demand the perp be tortured in a horrific fashion.

There was just recently (in the past 2-3 months) a study published showing that dogs evoke the same neurohormonal response (primarily oxytocin) that infants do. That might explain a lot of the violence of people's reaction to killing a harmless dog. Dogs and humans have been living together for tens of thousands of years and we've developed a strong emotional connection.

In some ways, that's what makes the wanton killing of a dog more horrific than killing a cat (even though I own - or, more properly, serve - a cat) or a bird.

Jim

I do not condone over punishment but what is proper here. Just ground the kid he will not care. Is there anything that could be done to teach him a lesson? I know that I would go to extreme measures with a mentally ill kid like that. Cannot be all there to go after a dog for the joy of beating it to death.
Dogs are helpless. The parents of this kid should be punished as well for allowing their young kid to roam free when he is a little mad man.

I do not condone over punishment but what is proper here. Just ground the kid he will not care. Is there anything that could be done to teach him a lesson? I know that I would go to extreme measures with a mentally ill kid like that. Cannot be all there to go after a dog for the joy of beating it to death.
Dogs are helpless. The parents of this kid should be punished as well for allowing their young kid to roam free when he is a little mad man.

I think the horror of this attack is that the dog wasn't helpless - it could have bitten the little miscreant. Even a lapdog can inflict a serious bite (I see them in the ER all the time), but this dog didn't, probably because it couldn't bring itself to attack a human, even though it was being killed. Most dogs have to be trained to attack a human, either by proper coaching or by long mistreatment, and won't bite a person unless they are startled or sick.

I'm not sure that there is any kind of punishment that will turn this kid around - if you lock him up (very unlikely, sad to say), he'll just come out more brutalized and hardened. If you put him on probation or send him to "counseling", he'll see that as evidence that society can't touch him. He definitely needs to be watched carefully because he's at high risk of hurting - or killing - people. I wouldn't leave him alone with younger children.

Jim

I think the horror of this attack is that the dog wasn't helpless - it could have bitten the little miscreant. Even a lapdog can inflict a serious bite (I see them in the ER all the time), but this dog didn't, probably because it couldn't bring itself to attack a human, even though it was being killed. Most dogs have to be trained to attack a human, either by proper coaching or by long mistreatment, and won't bite a person unless they are startled or sick.

I'm not sure that there is any kind of punishment that will turn this kid around - if you lock him up (very unlikely, sad to say), he'll just come out more brutalized and hardened. If you put him on probation or send him to "counseling", he'll see that as evidence that society can't touch him. He definitely needs to be watched carefully because he's at high risk of hurting - or killing - people. I wouldn't leave him alone with younger children.

Jim

Yeah..pretty scary as I have kids around that age and cannot imagine that kind of behavior...Daughter wanted me to release a spider last night. I "accidentally" stepped on it. Cause I am cruel? No because I HATE SPIDERS.

Murderous sociopaths needn't be tortured, they just need to be ended quickly and cleanly, like any other animal that gets dispatched (for whatever reason).

I think the statements above advocating "torture" are being made in reactionary anger, and when it came right down to it none of them would actually follow through with it.

Seriously?
Go pet your cat.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews