JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Been looking for awhile now to find a vertical shoulder holster for my S&W 9mm shield but cannot seem to find anything already made. I have found a few horizontal options but thats all.

Does this sound like a product I might have to have custom made?

Tri-Vertible Holster

The Tri-Vertible. They don't look like much, and they don't cost very much, but they are the easiest and most effective shoulder holster I've ever used. The photo shows horizontal, but they are easily switched to vertical carry.

I have really only seen them for large revolvers recently. Any reason you're specifically looking at that method of carry for a more modestly sized firearm? I am not at all arguing against it just curious.

Bianchi still makes their X-15 Shoulder Holster and they show up at Gunshows and on fleaBay all the time. They work Very well. I also know that others are still in production. Just a matter of looking.

I have really only seen them for large revolvers recently. Any reason you're specifically looking at that method of carry for a more modestly sized firearm? I am not at all arguing against it just curious.

It's easier to keep a handgun in a shoulder holster under a riding jacket than a waistband while on a motorcycle. While I've done IWB on my bike a few times, my jacket can ride up too much at times and can expose the weapon. Otherwise, it's off my body and in my tank bag, provided I put the tank bag on for that particular ride. No shoulder holster for me, yet, but I'm starting to look, as is a friend who recently got his concealed permit and rides.

Something like the X-15 that I recommended can still become exposed if you are not careful, but that's true of any system. Hope you find what you are looking for.

It's easier to keep a handgun in a shoulder holster under a riding jacket than a waistband while on a motorcycle. While I've done IWB on my bike a few times, my jacket can ride up too much at times and can expose the weapon. Otherwise, it's off my body and in my tank bag, provided I put the tank bag on for that particular ride. No shoulder holster for me, yet, but I'm starting to look, as is a friend who recently got his concealed permit and rides.

Gonna break some ribs if you fall on that thing and maybe an arm.

Without a bike right now but I ride.

I wouldn't put one on the hip for the same reason.

Just tossing it out there, not judging.

Gonna break some ribs if you fall on that thing and maybe an arm.

Without a bike right now but I ride.

I wouldn't put one on the hip for the same reason.

Just tossing it out there, not judging.

True. Not really a good place to keep one anywhere on your body. Been down already and got a good rolling from it. On the way back from shooting that time and fortunately my weapon was in its case in a side pannier instead of on my person. But doesn't do much good there from a defensive standpoint.
That's the one good part about keeping it in my tank case. Easy access with the pull of a zipper, I can keep my key fob in there, too, as well as wallet, sunglasses, etc, but it can interfere with my phone/GPS mount and I have to remove it for re-fueling so isn't a 100% solution, either.

Bianchi still makes their X-15 Shoulder Holster and they show up at Gunshows and on fleaBay all the time. They work Very well. I also know that others are still in production. Just a matter of looking.

I used one of these in the Army, and I still have and use it too. Packed a 1911 and/or a 92F in it all over Europe.

I didn't care for the tan/blonde color, so I dyed it all black, 'cuz black kit is cool and manly looking, LOL

I used one of these in the Army, and I still have and use it too. Packed a 1911 and/or a 92F in it all over Europe.

I didn't care for the tan/blonde color, so I dyed it all black, 'cuz black kit is cool and manly looking, LOL
Black one was my issue holster from back in the day. It's really, really, really well broken in now. The tan one is fairly new. Working on breaking that one in. These are my favorite holsters out all the cr@p holsters in my holster drawer(s). The wife buys her hand bags, I buy my holsters. There is balance in the universe.

Shoulder holsters.jpg

I've got a Bianchi X15 also. It's a break-front model so you don't "sweep the world" on the draw... it pulls just like a vertical carry model. Still in production.

I also have a reproduction M3 (or M7, or 1942, whatever) "tanker" rig. These are still made by El Paso Saddlery as well as some cheaper knockoffs. They're for 1911s only though, tough to get anything else to fit.

What about cross draw for riding?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads