JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The Westboro cult members should spend more time IN the Word than spewing words.
"Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven"...

I don't get why they use the language and terminology that they do. (other than they're crazy)

If you are a church and fed up with what you see, and demonstrate in public saying "God hates fags", and "Thank God for the deaths of soldiers", etc. sure seems counter-productive to winning people over from their wicked ways.

It gives people of faith a black-eye, and I'd like to return the favor sometime (literally).

You understand that this isn't a church, but is instead a business, right? The whole reason this enterprise exists is for litigious purposes. They sue any and all who trample on their right of free speech. And they make millions doing it.

Now, if only we could get the states to pull out their non-profit status and make them pay taxes. They'd evaporate.

The First Amendment applies to everybody. It doesn't matter how nasty they are. It is true that Westboro Baptist is made up of some complete nutjobs, but if we're serious about the Second Amendment, then we should be equally serious about the First. This is the same thing that got the ACLU in so much trouble some years ago when they defended the American Nazi's right to speak and march out in Skokie, Illinois.

It is kind of hard to take sometimes, especially when they show up at a fallen soldier's funeral, but we have to live with it. The best thing to do with these loudmouths from Westboro is show up wherever they are and yell louder than they do. Someday if might be a nice idea for a few thousand of us were to show up at their Westboro church on a Sunday and give them back some of the same vile crap they are so fond of shouting out.

The First Amendment applies to everybody. It doesn't matter how nasty they are. It is true that Westboro Baptist is made up of some complete nutjobs, but if we're serious about the Second Amendment, then we should be equally serious about the First. This is the same thing that got the ACLU in so much trouble some years ago when they defended the American Nazi's right to speak and march out in Skokie, Illinois.

It is kind of hard to take sometimes, especially when they show up at a fallen soldier's funeral, but we have to live with it. The best thing to do with these loudmouths from Westboro is show up wherever they are and yell louder than they do. Someday if might be a nice idea for a few thousand of us were to show up at their Westboro church on a Sunday and give them back some of the same vile crap they are so fond of shouting out.

Their speech is protected even though its disgusting. I don't want us to move to eliminate speech because people find it offensive. Much like gun laws I dislike restriction regarding speech.

I really like the idea of an insulting demonstration targeted at them.

The members of the Westboro Baptist Church have protected free speech, that is true. However, they aren't protected from the consequences of what their words say. Their time is coming.

heard a talk show host discuss them a couple of years back. Even though they seem completely nuts, they are not stupid. At least one of the kids is a lawyer, and they look for legal fights.
I wish a biker gang would show up at ond of their protests and takd care of them in their special way.

That's a great idea, a few thousand loud mouthed patriotic Americans showing up in Kansas on a Sunday morning to peacefully assemble & excercise our freedom of speech. A beautiful demonstration of the bill of rights. I'm in.

You understand that this isn't a church, but is instead a business, right? The whole reason this enterprise exists is for litigious purposes. They sue any and all who trample on their right of free speech. And they make millions doing it.

Now, if only we could get the states to pull out their non-profit status and make them pay taxes. They'd evaporate.

Yeah it's a scam. They WANT to make everybody angry, then sue them and everybody above them, the city, EVERYBODY. Why not, filing a lawsuit is cheap.

The leader is a failed politician so he resorted to another way to get rich. He's a lawyer, his kids are lawyers, they're all lawyers their only expenses are travel and time spent in litigation. OTOH just fighting against the erroneous lawsuits usually comes from the taxpayers pocket. They expend little, we expend a lot, and sometimes we lose big when some stupid jury awards them or they are given a settlement to just go away.

Tort Reform.

My church is full of soldiers, vets, military pastors... Westboro is a cult, not a church. I can see how you would be infuriated. Chris Kyle is nothing but a hero, and his death is a complete shame. Ill bring the keg...

My church is full of soldiers, vets, military pastors... Westboro is a cult, not a church. I can see how you would be infuriated. Chris Kyle is nothing but a hero, and his death is a complete shame. Ill bring the keg...

I'm not even sure it qualifies as a cult. It's made up primarily of family members, and many of them are lawyers. From what I understand they make their living off lawsuits. That would probably explain their compelling need to infuriate people with stunts like this.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top