JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This is a question thread. Use the up arrow to the right of good answers to upvote. Answers with more votes appear higher on the list.
Reactions
I was editing a recent post, which I do a lot because of spelling errors and trying to make my thoughts clear, and I rx'd a popup that said:

"Oops, you've reached the maximum number of posts/edits in a 24hr period."

I've never seen this before. Is it new with V4? What is the max # of posts? What is the max # of edits?

What is the purpose?

I've been wondering if this was a bug or something. noticed it about maybe a week ago?. I am notorious for going back and editing my posts after I post something with further details.

Upvote 0
I rarely edit posted response, When I do it is mainly for left out words from typing to fast, or shocked to find later, autocorrected words of completely different meanings.
Instead, I find, for some post that are complex in nature, or I find difficult to put into words and be concise, which I feel compelled to respond to, I some times write it first in "word" program then keep rereading and editing that. More so to shorten the response and keep it on topic, than fix grammatical errors. When satisfied, I then I copy and paste that into the ongoing dialog.
Good news for members here, many times it never makes it to the forum having consolidated the issue in my mind, and on paper so to speak, it quenched my need to vent, so even though the falling tree in the forest was never heard, I just delete it and walk away satisfied.
Your welcome.;)

Upvote 0
.... And the Grammar Nazi's are marching on your home now. As the game ads say, build a wall by editing your own posts.
You're not to worry, we are well defended!
I see grammatical criticisms as fast becoming moot, for along with the proliferation of texting, and the dumbing down of our schools, grammar, is quickly going the way of cursive writing, and our constitution, being rendered outdated, useless and socially unacceptable. But hey, we all have our peeves. Keep up the good work, at least I didn't get my knuckles slapped with a ruler.

Upvote 0
1576187291152.png

Upvote 0
Funny as heck, but I am regularly victimized by the predictive text function on my dumb phone... So, I'd certainly raise the limit above five for those of us who are appearantly being out-thought by our electronic devices
:s0054:

I'm easily out-thought by the bathroom strain gauge... I think it lies to me!!!

Last Edited:
Upvote 0
Just ran into this edit limit again. It didn't seem like I made that many edits. Again, it didn't let me edit a different post (that post had zero edits) so the edit limit is still site-wise, not post specific.

Upvote 0

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads