JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This is a question thread. Use the up arrow to the right of good answers to upvote. Answers with more votes appear higher on the list.
Reactions
I was editing a recent post, which I do a lot because of spelling errors and trying to make my thoughts clear, and I rx'd a popup that said:

"Oops, you've reached the maximum number of posts/edits in a 24hr period."

I've never seen this before. Is it new with V4? What is the max # of posts? What is the max # of edits?

What is the purpose?

I was wondering how long it'd be before someone asked :)

It's a mechanism to prevent mass-deletion, but it's a limit we set ourselves. It's limited to 5 edits per day right now. Sounds like we need to raise it?

Upvote 0

It's a mechanism to prevent mass-deletion, but it's a limit we set ourselves. It's limited to 5 edits per day right now. Sounds like we need to raise it?

Thanx for the reply @JoeLink! Yuppers. I get my fingers flying and I don't see very well. So my corrections can be well over 5 times for just one longer post.

Upvote 0
Yah, I'm going to admit to editing more than I'd like, with respect to syntax, etc. Evidently haven't hit the limit yet, because I haven't seen that error message, but still.

Thanks for the bump. :)

Upvote 0
@bbbass maybe you should learn how to type!!!:s0140:

just kidding brother I do it as well.

My fingers seem to have a mind of their own. I want to type "an" and my fingers type "and". Same for "they" which comes out "the". Pattern typists do the same instead of mentally spelling each word, but my mind is going..... going..... gooooooinnnnnng. ;)

Upvote 0
I just learned of this new setting myself. If it's not an inconvenience, I don't know what is.
In fact, it set me sideways. Why does it need regulating?
Other forums do this. I don't participate there.

I've got a screwed up left hand. I've no choice but to NEED to edit, MANY times

Upvote 0
Yeah, it's only a limit on the number of post edits. Let me know if you guys are still hitting it and I can bump it up again.

Upvote 0
It is amazing that I have not hit this rail before!

I edit many of my posts in the first few minutes (I think you call it proof-reading). But with my ADD, I jump out and edit every time I find an error.

I am sure had 4 edits on my last post last night. But I was chill so it was all good.

Upvote 0
It is amazing that I have not hit this rail before!

I edit many of my posts in the first few minutes (I think you call it proof-reading). But with my ADD, I jump out and edit every time I find an error.

I am sure had 4 edits on my last post last night. But I was chill so it was all good.

I read over my posts before hitting the button, but I still read them several times after posting. I can't stand for spelling and grammar to make me look like a dolt. The nuns would be wacking me. But I sometimes intentionally use poor grammar to give a folksy of or other aire... and I'm pretty good at being a dolt anyway!!!

Last Edited:
Upvote 0

5 edits per day?
With this group?
Good grief Aunt Martha.
I always type my posts in notepad and then correct them, at least 27 times,
and then copy and post them in here.
My original responses usually look like a foreign language.

Upvote 0
Sorry to say it but this feature still needs work. The 24-hour edit limit applies to all posts on the site. So lets' say you edited one post several time to make it more accurate or to be easier to understand. Then you make a tiny edit or add a pic to another post (or two), boom, you hit the limit and can't edit anything else for 24 hours. I think the edit limit (if needed at all) needs to be for a single post, not site-wide on all posts.

Upvote 0

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads