JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Note: Please save the progressive bashing for another place. We honestly need everybody's help this year. We can argue about all the other stuff another time/place.

I posted this on the reddit sub r/2ALiberals today: This request would equally apply to anybody here who has voted for more progressive candidates and relate to them on other issues besides infringing on our gun rights.

Need help from Liberal Oregon Gun Owners and 2A Supporters To Stop Anti-Gun/Ammo Legislation SB 501. This Bill Needs To Stay In Committee For Eternity.

If there are any liberal Oregon gun owners and or 2A supporters here that don't agree with parts of or SB 501 in it's entirety, please send a polite letter to these members of the judiciary committee where this bill is currently sitting. Explain why you feel this is a bad bill and request that the bill never makes it out of committee.

IMHO, it is a regressive bill that punishes the poor and carves out exemption for the rich. Many other problems from the 2A stand point exist with the entire bill but the Democrat Senators on the committee should at the very least have a problem with how this bill unfairly punishes the law abiding poor more than the rich. The bill originated from some rich kids in the wealthy community of Lake Oswego looking for attention. Don't dare try to access the private city lake or you will face their wrath.

Politeness will go far in this email campaign. They have sensitive feelings. Sen Prozanski is the chair of this committee so if you can only send one email I would send it to him. The members are going to hear from lots of conservative and libertarian types but hearing from somebody who shares their other values and concerns on issues will go a long ways in this fight. Even if you don't live in Oregon it would be helpful if you could write them.

Here are the links to the State pages for these members (email addresses on their pages):

Senator Floyd Prozanski Home Page

Senator Michael Dembrow Home Page

Senator Sara Gelser Home Page

Senator Rob Wagner Home Page (This guy introduced the bill for the rich kids, he is wealthy and lives in Lake Oswego too. If you had to send one less than polite email to anybody I would save it for him. But 100% polite will probably serve us best in this case)

Thank you for any support you can provide.

I'd ask Warner in particular why he introduced a bill that violates:

The 2A
The Oregon Constitution
The commerce clause of the USCONST
The 5A
Heller v. DC and McDonald v. Chicago
And a current 9th Circuit opinion striking down CA's magazine confiscation law. . . .

In addition to him hating the poor.

The 2A
The Oregon Constitution
The 5A
And a current 9th Circuit opinion striking down CA's magazine confiscation law. . . .

ooohhhh I like this a lot. Im a gonna send it to all them sumbeeches!!:)

This is an important thread. I am by no means "progressive". But I understand what divide and conquer means. And I understand we don't need to agree on everything to be allies on this one important issue (i.e. keep my mouth shut at the right time, and keep on mission). Especially when more dems are twice as likely to give liberals and progressives more weight in their opinions.

You got my support!

The 2A
The Oregon Constitution
The 5A

Warner? What district?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews