JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Bill M for what it is worth the Russian pronunciation for Mosin is pronounced MOZEEN. I had a good shooting buddy friend who got a masters from Univ of Moscow in Russian( and could pass for native) and he was also a PHD at Queens University Belfast in Dept of Slavonic Languages.

You can add the three great truths to your paper.

1. never tug on Superman's cape.
2. never take a knife to a gunfight.
3. never ever take a handgun to a rifle match.

Rifle that I put together for SHTF Click on pics for larger views.
zR9RkASh.jpg

VZd5zuEh.jpg

IDK, the first decision I''m going to make in a natural disaster SHTF senario is which government building to protest. It's always the government's fault. Next, what firearm will allow me to boost someone over a window sill and what will match my black leather spandex & spikes outfit while fighting over petrol. Savvy, savvy?

It's a Model 1894 30-30 lever action rifle with a crooked brass bead soldered on where the front sight use to be. It is a guaranteed deer killing machine. How do I know that? Because that is the rifle that made it through the last SHTF. During that time, for many years there was no running water, no electricity, no cars, no government help, no planes or trains, no helicopters, no toilet paper for the outhouse. You made your own bullets via cast lead. You made your own axes and hatchets. Things had to work as there was no easy way to get replacement parts. You were on your own stuck out in the country. There were no doctors and a trip to the hospital was so far that you'd likely die before you got there. That was common life in America and it got worse during the depression. That's a SHTF rifle right there.

Edit: it was my grandfathers.

Last Edited:
To be honest, the AR-15 is the best rifle. It is accurate, reliable, has readily available and cheap parts, can be outfitted to do just about any job and it is more ubiquitous than any other gun thy has been mentioned

Well, Your ALL WRONG!
Every one knows the mighty Mauser 98 design is the Ultimate SHTF rifle, Any rifle made in that pattern will do! The Legendary 1903 being the best of the best, when properly done is absolutely Bomb Proof, more accurate then you are at any range beyond what you can actually see, and they can be serviced with zero tools or cleaning stuff, simply yank out your boot lace, tie a couple knots in one end and then wizz on it and yank it through the barrel a few times, That's it, nothing complicated! Can feed from it's internal box mag mag, stripper clips, or singularly on top of a full mag! Sights are very good, and can be improved very nicely!

Here is Nicely!
1582859679456.png

Last Edited:
I present the M1 Spear.
No ammo needed...
No break in period...
If you want a high capacity spear...carry more than one...
For concealed carry , simply remove the spear head....
If you need a distance weapon...make it with a longer shaft...
Oh yeah it is comes equipped with a integrated suppressor ... ( Thanks @Xaevian )
:D :p
Andy
DSC06421.jpg

To be honest, the AR-15 is the best rifle. It is accurate, reliable, has readily available and cheap parts, can be outfitted to do just about any job and it is more ubiquitous than any other gun thy has been mentioned
In reference to my prior post, here is a follow up:
3) Find dead guy, first one you come across will do.
4) Take rifle.
5) Shoot back when necessary. (Very important)
6) Light cigar. (More importanter.)

Sights are very good,
Mauser sights are good??:confused:Barleycorn or Pyramid front sight and rear notch are the worst sights of any military rifle. US rifles with aperture
rear sights are far superior. M1, O3, O3A3, M1A & AR. I shoot these old 'As Issued' bolt rifles in matches. The Mausers and Mosins have the worst sights.
The US service rifle also have windage adjustments. The Mauser, Mosin, SKS & AK sights can be adjusted for windage by beating on the front sight.
This is for crude initial sight in and not for 1/2 minute left adjustments while shooting.o_O

Mauser sights are good??:confused:Barleycorn or Pyramid front sight and rear notch are the worst sights of any military rifle. US rifles with aperture
rear sights are far superior. M1, O3, O3A3, M1A & AR. I shoot these old 'As Issued' bolt rifles in matches. The Mausers and Mosins have the worst sights.
The US service rifle also have windage adjustments. The Mauser, Mosin, SKS & AK sights can be adjusted for windage by beating on the front sight.
This is for crude initial sight in and not for 1/2 minute left adjustments while shooting.o_O
Lol.
You missed the part where I pointed to the 1903 being the best of the Mausers! ;)

My SHTF preference would be a folding stock mini-14, stainless ala A-Team (and a rattle can of flat black), but realisticly, for my scenario, probably the SKS I've got buried up in the woods. Your best SHTF weopon is the one in your hands.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top