JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The OP was at my house the other day doing a deal from the classifieds here (really nice guy, btw,) and I showed him a basic Ruger Standard semi-auto.

I'd save a few more bucks, hit the pawn shops, and not give up until I had one for not more than $200.

Cheap is good, wheel guns are cool, but you can't beat that Ruger auto for all around price, durability, accuracy and usability.

$.02

Thanks again for showing me that, I think for the quality/affordability balance that might just be a good bet. hopefully that job interview will pan out and I might celebrate with some pawn-hopping. If I find anything interesting i'll come here and ask about it.

Thanks again for showing me that, I think for the quality/affordability balance that might just be a good bet. hopefully that job interview will pan out and I might celebrate with some pawn-hopping. If I find anything interesting i'll come here and ask about it.

Be sure to PM me about the job, OK? I'll want to hear... and good luck. :s0155:

I've been looking and haven't really found one.
The word "inexpensive" may be better, just looking for a small caliber pistol or handgun that the missus can use. (~$100-$150)
Any suggestions? or am I grasping for the imaginary? (used, new, doesn't matter)

I have a small Jennings semi-auto that I never use -- I'd sell it for $75.

Cheers,
DJM

You can get a Pheonix in that price range. I've had one for over 6 years. they function well and have a lifetime warrenty. They're small enough for CC or you can clip on the 6" target barrel in under a minute for plinking. It has been a suprisingly accurate gun, I never miss the cans. You should stay away from minimags and hot 22 loads for plinking though. Stick to standard velocity or subsonic and use the hot ones if your carrying it.

Phoenix Arms HP22. Outstanding little .22. Reliable, accurate, fun and inexpensive. I've put thousands of round thru mine with the only maintenance being changing the recoil spring every 500-1000 rounds. They also look good too!. New about $130. Kit with the 2 barrels go for about $175. Nice little gun!

HP22left1-1.jpg

H&R revolvers are alright in terms of durability and reliability, and are often available for well under $200.
I agree.
I have seen H&Rs 9 shot DA revolvers used in good condition for $129-159
I would not waist $ on a cheap semi-auto 22lr. I would not recommend a rim fire semi-auto for defense either.

I bought a used Beretta Bobcat for $100 that fits in my boot. It is really fun to shoot and fits in a pocket. It is smaller than my palm. It has never ever misfired since I got it.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top