JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Massive disaster on the way?

Hhmmmm, so what are we now experiencing?

Skewed plague numbers, example: Person is in the hospital for a broken bone and is tested for the virus. Outcome, virus count says he's in the hospital due to the virus...sigh.

Blue state Governors and Mayors dismiss the Constitution in favor of presumed temporary emergency measures. Some citizens meekly accept the heaving out of the Constitution, others don't.

Businesses and jobs are dismissed as dangerous to the health of the populace and the economy is wrecked.

How is that not a "Massive Disaster" happening right now?

Massive disaster on the way?

Hhmmmm, so what are we now experiencing?

Skewed plague numbers, example: Person is in the hospital for a broken bone and is tested for the virus. Outcome, virus count says he's in the hospital due to the virus...sigh.

Blue state Governors and Mayors dismiss the Constitution in favor of presumed temporary emergency measures. Some citizens meekly accept the heaving out of the Constitution, others don't.

Businesses and jobs are dismissed as dangerous to the health of the populace and the economy is wrecked.

How is that not a "Massive Disaster" happening right now?

It is for some. It isn't for most.

For folks whom have lost a loved one, or there employment it most certainly and undeniably is.

On the macro scale however, in the US, it isn't.

Infrastructure is not affected. Utilities, medical and housing are still available.

It truly depends upon what one uses for a scale of "Massive Disaster", and wether or not that scale used is moving, or not.

Ex: investments. Investments May or may not have bombed on the individual level. If they have, an individual could certainly consider such a "disaster". However, if they still have utilities, food, housing and medical it's more a disaster of scale. IMO.

It is for some. It isn't for most.

For folks whom have lost a loved one, or there employment it most certainly and undeniably is.

On the macro scale however, in the US, it isn't.

Infrastructure is not affected. Utilities, medical and housing are still available.

For about 20% (or more if you can count those who were self-employed/etc., and now are not) of those who were working, it is a serious impact.

Medical? Yes, serious impacts there. A lot of people could not get medical treatment they needed due to clinics/etc. being shutdown. I have a close member of my family who could not get into a clinic for a serious condition because the clinic was closed and wound up having to get surgery because that person was not able to see their doctor for a month and the condition was exacerbated such that it greatly worsened. Not emergency, but serious and could have worsened to be an emergency.

There are a lot of people in the same situation because they cannot see their care provider and so conditions get worse and some go undetected. The decline of stats showing incidence/treatment of these conditions (heart, lung, etc.) is not because they went away, it is because they can't see doctors/nurses/et. al. - it is like when Trump says CV-19 goes away because we aren't testing for it.

My dentist shut down, so my dental health is getting worse. My cardiologist canceled my appt. so whether I am getting better, worse or maintaining my status is not particularly well known. People are not taking meds because they lost their insurance. They are not seeing care providers for the same reasons.

That is just the medical care aspect.

Not a massive disaster, but serious for a significant percentage of people.

Still, not on the scale of if we had a 9.x Cascadian Earthquake - but the current situation does give one an idea of what could happen if we did have that kind of event; it would not be pretty.

The main upside I see is that at least some people will have woken up to being better prepared.

I didn't mention the criminal gangs who're devastating cities all over the U.S.

That horror also contributes to the 'massive disaster' that's occurring now with no sign the powers that be will do anything to stop it.

Wrecking the economy with the lock down of business, plus in some states U.S. citizens can't even leave their residences.

Massive disaster is here...

I didn't mention the criminal gangs who're devastating cities all over the U.S.

That horror also contributes to the 'massive disaster' that's occurring now with no sign the powers that be will do anything to stop it.

Wrecking the economy with the lock down of business, plus in some states U.S. citizens can't even leave their residences.

Massive disaster is here...

The "experts" never seemed to take into account the rather obvious fact that shutting down an economy and destroying millions of jobs would itself cause a huge amount of death and misery or that postponing medical care for anything not related to the hugely exaggerated virus would kill large numbers of people as well.

Of course, this was never about public health and well being. It was about creating a disaster to sabotage Trump's re-election campaign, obliterate small business competition for large corporations, and expand dependency on government - an act of terrorism carried out by the ruling class itself against all of us in other words, and one orders of magnitude greater than 9/11. People will do anything to avoid imagining that our rulers are this evil. They are.

Tech,

You NAILED it!

But some refuse to see the massive disaster for what it is.

A few days ago, juan williams on "The Five" (I'm paraphrasing) said dismissively, there were 'very few' rioting, looting, committing arson and vandalizing and this rampaging (euphemistically called 'protesting') shows zero signs of stopping, but getting worse as blue state bureaucrats do nothing.

Blue state cities burn, people are attacked and businesses are destroyed.

That's massive disaster anyway you cut it!

Tech,

You NAILED it!

But some refuse to see the massive disaster for what it is.

A few days ago, juan williams on "The Five" (I'm paraphrasing) said dismissively, there were 'very few' rioting, looting, committing arson and vandalizing and this rampaging (euphemistically called 'protesting') shows zero signs of stopping, but getting worse as blue state bureaucrats do nothing.

Blue state cities burn, people are attacked and businesses are destroyed.

That's massive disaster anyway you cut it!

The U.S. reported more than 41,000 new cases on Thursday, the second consecutive day with a record total, and the C.D.C. said the true national caseload was probably 10 times the official count.

Yes, this is a massive disaster.

The U.S. reported more than 41,000 new cases on Thursday, the second consecutive day with a record total, and the C.D.C. said the true national caseload was probably 10 times the official count.

Yes, this is a massive disaster.
Since testing is up dramatically and a "case" is nothing more than a positive test result this is what we can expect to see. Most who test positive are asymptomatic though. The number of cases, taken out of the context of number of tests performed and whether those cases actually showed any symptoms, is meaningless and misleading. Meanwhile actual deaths continue to taper off - WHO Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) Dashboard

Eventually, it is likely that virtually everyone will "test positive" for the virus if they get tested. At that point what epidemiologists call "herd immunity" will be present and there will be no further need for anyone except those with already compromised immune systems who have not yet been exposed to the virus to be concerned about it.

As for the CDC's statement that the "caseload" is likely 10 times the official count, this is probably a sneaky way of admitting that a significant portion of the population probably already has the virus without showing any symptoms. In other words, we are well on the way to herd immunity. Eventually, when even the most hysterical media outlets finally need to admit that, while there are still huge numbers of new "cases", no one seems to be dying of it or even getting sick anymore, the panic will end. The establishment is working hard to postpone this day (preferably until after the election so they can get rid of Trump).

So yes, a massive, entirely preventable and human caused (by the people in charge themselves), disaster.

Political content is prohibited according to the rules of the forum. Guys if every thread goes political instead of staying on topic we will be forced to shut them down. Keep this in mind in the future.

Thread closed!!!

Status

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top