JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Reactions

2020 reminds me of the old joke about how this guy convinced the government to put all the mobile homes in one place in Kansas as a solution to the problem of tornadoes; all the tornadoes in the country converged on that one spot in a few hours and then they had no more tornadoes for years. Or something like that.

Folks thrive on doom and gloom.

Doom and gloom is what sells.

We may as well just give up.

05D60564-1620-4E9E-94C0-210C1AA16B5C.jpeg

Last Edited:
I'm certain if it doesn't happen by November, it won't happen.

Meh. More doom and gloom. Just like Covid was supposed to kill half the population, until riots changed the narrative. :rolleyes:

Wrong, there is a 100% chance of a natural disaster bigger than the Chinese corona virus, its just a matter of time, my guess is based on history, that it will be a meteor or comet.

Wrong, there is a 100% chance of a natural disaster bigger than the Chinese corona virus, its just a matter of time, my guess is based on history, that it will be a meteor or comet.

Or earthquake. But you are right, a natural disaster of biblical proportions WILL happen.

Meh. More doom and gloom. Just like Covid was supposed to kill half the population, until riots changed the narrative. :rolleyes:

Nah, Covid was supposed to kill between 1% and 5% of the mostly over 60 population (~70M population here | ~2.1M dead at 3% death rate) while overloading the medical infrastructure. All these protests are a good thing, from a certain perspective...get out there and act like a guinea pig so that me and mine can observe and act accordingly.

Best case scenario: we learn that the health risks are wildly overestimated, lift all business and activity restrictions, and then business owners really start to not tolerate rioters. Those rioters who are currently living off unemployment will see the tap turned off and won't have the luxury to riot anymore, being too busy at work.

I don't know about doom and gloom - I'm seeing a pretty optimistic way to take care of Covid and the riots in short order and at the same time!

But, I suppose there's always war with China and Red Dawn, Yellow Stone, "The Big One" Earthquake, or maybe it'll just snow more in downtown this winter. They barely squeaked by during the last big snowstorm. :rolleyes:

There could be a huge earthquake in China, one in Turkey, and another in the Caribbean and BS19 numbers would be small.
China could have one earthquake and a dam or two collapse, and the fatalities would eclipse the Covid many times over. But, they'll list it as 50K dead....

Or earthquake. But you are right, a natural disaster of biblical proportions WILL happen.
Just maybe not in our lifetimes, or our great-great-grandkids' lifetimes... or maybe tomorrow.

You are right though. Security is a bit of an illusion. We all like to feel safe in our homes, our jobs, our 401ks and investments. We never really know what's coming tomorrow. Beyond some sensible planning there's not much point in stressing out about it.

All these protests are a good thing, from a certain perspective...get out there and act like a guinea pig so that me and mine can observe and act accordingly.
I agree. We were all told that it was life-and-death to quarantine, or you're gonna "kill Grandma"! It was the absolute most important thing in the world, worth crashing the world economy over. Then all of a sudden, it's OK?

I just talked to a friend today, who told me he had just talked to another friend in Seattle, who had recently ventured into the "autonomous zone" there. He said there were at least 10k people there, partying it up, akin to a huge street fair/music festival. He said there wasn't much "social distancing" happening. He's of the opinion that they really just need to let that one run, let them do their thing there. If there's a massive spike in Covid in those locations, at least we'll know.

Note that if you do a search of "Deutsche Bank Disaster" all you get are more clickbait websites like the original story. It's all BS, and not like you should rely on a bank to be an expert in natural disasters.

Status

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads