JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
77891.jpg

I have a rock island M200 that has a sloppy cylinder and chucks rounds pretty far left. But it goes bang and it's kinda fun to have a total beater gun. Bought it for next to nothing on the spot when a guy wanted to sell it to a gun store. I politely asked if I could make a counter offer, then we did paperwork. I got a cheap gun, FFL got a transfer fee, seller got a bit more cash.

Last Edited:
Worst...worst in reliability? I guess that would be the Charles Daly 1911 I used to own. Too many cheaply made cast parts (cheaply made being the key term there) - I liked it a lot until the recoil spring guide shattered while shooting and beat the crepes out of the inside of the gun. I got it fixed up, but lost confidence in it completely after that and sold it to a dealer.

Worst in reputation? A KelTec P40 that was 100% reliable for me, and despite being a forty (I typically loathe the .40SW these days) it was a great shooting little gun that surprisingly did not batter my hand as much as you'd think, being a really light weight .40 - and being a KelTec.

There are other guns that were terrible, that I did not like or love, so I guess they don't fit either description.

I tend to stay away from crappy guns otherwise.

Probably the ruby .32, It is a fun one. Cheap, mine has no finish except a weird patina that makes your hands smell metallic after shooting, but it likely fought the Great war, and the second war. It is a fun, cheap little beast that never fails to put a smile on my face. I would say it is probably the "worst" that I really like. Things I own are generally pretty oddball.
Who made your particular Ruby? There was a great deal of quality variations among the many makers.. Some of them made under supervision by French procurers were a decent quality, if inexpensive, piece.

Hate to bag on poor old deceased Sterling, but I bought a blue 302 in .22LR in 1974. All steel, it is far from the lightest. Its ergos are quite good. Once you find ammo it likes they empty mags without a stutter - true of virtually all 22s. Way back when I had the eyes of a young man, I placed a .22 rifle target at 25 yards. From prone, I got 5 out of 6 on the paper and they were in about a 3 1/2" group. Somewhere, I still have that target.

If only Jennings, Bryco, Jimenez et al had such durability.

A 20 gauge bolt action shotgun. What a stupid idea. I could never get it to feed right. I bought it from a member here and I don't hold it against him, as he told me the mag was junk, but I was going to prove him wrong. If any firearm deserves to be thrown off a bridge, that one certainly was.
I've got a bolt 12ga made by Mossberg, was my first shotgun when I was in jr high.. don't like toting it around, too heavy, poor balance... never had the heart to get rid of it, for sentimental reasons... Can't recall the last time I actually fired it.. seem to remember that it sometimes had issues loading from the magazine too. It's one redeeming feature was the variable-choke that came with it (Probably the only reason I didnt bob the barrel back in the day)..:D

I have a very late production NEF Pardner single shot 20 gauge shotgun...made after all the buyouts and iffy quality control.
( Which learned about after buying...)
How you can foul up making a H&R designed single shot shotgun in production is beyond me....

Anyway I've had it since it was new about 4 years now and for all the bad reviews that I read , after I bought it...
it works well and does just what it should....a good , if not pretty to look at , rugged , light weight easy to carry grouse gun.

I dislike the matte finish and ain't too fond of the plastic trigger guard and "spacer" at the forearm...the laminate stock is okay...but the lock up is excellent and it shoots just fine...so there is that.
Andy

Hi point 9mm carbine. They are surprisingly fun to shoot and back when they sold for $100 on the second hand market, I used to trade them around.

I actually wouldn't mind adding one of the new 10mm ones to the stable.
I am embarrased by mine but I have shot speed events with it and it just keeps running and eats whatever you stuff into it.
perhaps our military should consider it.

Hate to bag on poor old deceased Sterling, but I bought a blue 302 in .22LR in 1974. All steel, it is far from the lightest. Its ergos are quite good. Once you find ammo it likes they empty mags without a stutter - true of virtually all 22s. Way back when I had the eyes of a young man, I placed a .22 rifle target at 25 yards. From prone, I got 5 out of 6 on the paper and they were in about a 3 1/2" group. Somewhere, I still have that target.

If only Jennings, Bryco, Jimenez et al had such durability.
Me and all my buddies all used to shoot the heck out of those Jennings .22's. They were pretty awesome and fun.

I've got a bolt 12ga made by Mossberg, was my first shotgun when I was in jr high.. don't like toting it around, too heavy, poor balance... never had the heart to get rid of it, for sentimental reasons... Can't recall the last time I actually fired it.. seem to remember that it sometimes had issues loading from the magazine too. It's one redeeming feature was the variable-choke that came with it (Probably the only reason I didnt bob the barrel back in the day)..:D
I had one of those with like a 100" barrel. Shot a deer at about 15 yards with 00 buck.. never seen a deer fall so fast.

HiPoint 9mm carbine.

Dependable, accurate, fun to shoot and hooo-weeee ug-leeee, and when I take it to the range people avoid eye contact and never ask me about it.

After thinkin on it for awhile... the gun I love to hate but which keeps on bangin... for all it's warts, is the 91/30 Mosin-Nagant rifle/carbine. Clunky, short bolt handle, split bridge, but capable of superb accuracy if cared for. Certainly not MY favorite ww2 rifle but certainly did the trick and very adequate when set up for hunting... be it unwelcome visitation from Powers to the west or deer-sized critters on up to elk and bear size..

Worst gun you like.

Probably Moist Nuggets.

As much as they are an antique of a dirt simple firearm. Ugly in the eyes of most, ironically more expensive now that a used Glock handgun. I still really really enjoy shooting them.

Armalite AR-7.
22 caliber semi-auto fun when it doesn't jam. Semi accurate too, compared to others. It's nice to pack it all up in the stock. And it floats.....

Which explains why it was the only one to survive that tragic boating accident. :(

ar7.jpeg

Last Edited:
I originally bought my wife a S&W Sigma 380 for home defense got it in '87 or '88 it was kind of a clunky slide with a channel and a nub for sights, short grip. We keep it because it goes bang reliably, once you are accustomed to the sights, then small groups. A lot to dislike but reliability is not one of the dislikes, and it has novelty value..

Never shot my BP revolvers so they are just ornaments.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top