JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
For those here thinking of small unit tactics / guerilla warfare...
Having some experience in Guerilla Warfare...
It is tough nasty business for sure...Especially if the "warfare" devolves into a series of personal vendettas and one after another in a series of reprisals.

I lived through it , and taught / advised others in how to do so as well....I hope to never again have to use those skills.
Andy

I'm with you, Andy. Let's hope we never see another shooting war of any kind here in the continental US.

While I agree the number of hunters/ gun owners is indeed formidable. They don't make up an army. We are not trained as an army. We might make a strong resistance but logistics and communications would be problematic. True, many of us are hunters but a key point to remember is this:
Deer don't shoot back.

"A mob is no more an army, than a pile of lumber is a house."

I don't know if there are organized militias, who are keeping quiet - but given the large number of combat veterans, it wouldn't surprise me. And I don't know how long it would take us to get organized if the need arose. But to be dismissive of the fighting American is, I think, a rather defeatist mindset.

"Acts of a Rude Rabble…" General Gage, Lord Dartmouth and Ignorant Orders

William Legge, 2nd Earl of Dartmouth, Secretary of State for the Colonies, to General Gage:

"The violences committed by those who have taken up arms in Massachusetts, have appeared to me as the acts of a rude rabble..."

(But by this time, the Americans were becoming organized.)

"Gage probably shook his head at this first paragraph as the Powder Alarm proved in September 1774 that the rebels were no small force and could gather and outnumber him quickly."

In a gunfight you want to stack the deck in your favor. The knowledge of how to do this comes from (frequent) training and experience.

The Colonists had experience in the French and Indian war, and regular training. This was what allowed them to continually use tactical advantages against the British army.

If you have friends that shoot but dont train, get them into a class, get them into paintball, get them into USPSA/IDPA.

Absolute bias. Based solely on those who I've seen come through.

I may have exaggerated a little too.
selection_bias.png

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews