JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Call them Fudds, Bubbas, or anything you like - but the hunters in the USA have been (and are) a force to be reckoned with.

Copied from Facebook:

"Food for thought when next we consider gun control."

Here's an interesting side bar. After the Japanese decimated our fleet in Pearl Harbor Dec 7, 1941, they could have sent their troop ships and carriers directly to California to finish what they started. The prediction from our Chief of Staff was we would not be able to stop a massive invasion until they reached the Mississippi River. Remember, we had a 2 million man army and war ships in other localities, so why did they not invade?

After the war, the remaining Japanese generals and admirals were asked that question. Their answer....they knew that almost every home had guns and the Americans knew how to use them.

1. The world's largest army ... America 's hunters! I had never thought about this....

2. A blogger added up the deer license sales in just a handful of states and arrived at a striking conclusion:

3. There were over 600,000 hunters this season in the state of Wisconsin .

4. Allow me to restate that number.

5. Over the last several months, Wisconsin 's hunters became the eighth largest army in the world.

6. More men under arms than in Iran .

7. More than in France and Germany combined.

8. These men deployed to the woods of a single American state to hunt with firearms, and no one was killed.

9. That number pales in comparison to the 750,000 who hunted the woods of Pennsylvania and Michigan's 700,000 hunters,

10. All of whom have now returned home.

11. Toss in a quarter million hunters in West Virginia and it literally establishes the fact that

12. The hunters of those four states alone would comprise the largest army in the world. The number of Hunters in the state of Texas would be the largest standing army in the world by itself.

13. The point?

14. America will forever be safe from foreign invasion with that kind of home-grown firepower.

15. Hunting -- it's not just a way to fill the freezer. It's a matter of national security.

16. That's why all enemies, foreign and domestic, want to see us disarmed.

17. Food for thought when next we consider gun control.

0DFEBC73-CD35-4FFD-8AB1-08A7ADBD8DCE.jpeg

Not to be that guy, but I am very sceptical of the claims here.

What Japanese generals? If you are referring to Isoroku Yamamoto (which is very common) those claims have been debunked. I can't seem to locate other quotes that are valid.

This person is insinuating that because people have firearms/hunting license they are capable of combat? What are the ages of these people? What are their physical capabilities? How many people _actually_ went into the forest.
There was a hunting fatality in WI in 2018. 2018 Hunting incident summary - Wisconsin DNR
There was also a fatality in PA. I did not look up MI or VW. https://www.pgc.pa.gov/HuntTrap/Hun...unting-Related Shooting Incidents Summary.pdf

I understand the point they are trying to make(yes, America is armed) but the subjects used as the foundations for the claims are questionable at best. The person that made these claims has used the same techniques used by the antis with manipulating data and citing a Red Herring. Should the claims ever need be used to support something larger, they eventually will be scrutinized and fall apart - it makes us all look bad.:rolleyes:

Call them Fudds, Bubbas, or anything you like - but the hunters in the USA have been (and are) a force to be reckoned with.

Copied from Facebook:

"Food for thought when next we consider gun control."

Here's an interesting side bar. After the Japanese decimated our fleet in Pearl Harbor Dec 7, 1941, they could have sent their troop ships and carriers directly to California to finish what they started. The prediction from our Chief of Staff was we would not be able to stop a massive invasion until they reached the Mississippi River. Remember, we had a 2 million man army and war ships in other localities, so why did they not invade?

After the war, the remaining Japanese generals and admirals were asked that question. Their answer....they knew that almost every home had guns and the Americans knew how to use them.

1. The world's largest army ... America 's hunters! I had never thought about this....

2. A blogger added up the deer license sales in just a handful of states and arrived at a striking conclusion:

3. There were over 600,000 hunters this season in the state of Wisconsin .

4. Allow me to restate that number.

5. Over the last several months, Wisconsin 's hunters became the eighth largest army in the world.

6. More men under arms than in Iran .

7. More than in France and Germany combined.

8. These men deployed to the woods of a single American state to hunt with firearms, and no one was killed.

9. That number pales in comparison to the 750,000 who hunted the woods of Pennsylvania and Michigan's 700,000 hunters,

10. All of whom have now returned home.

11. Toss in a quarter million hunters in West Virginia and it literally establishes the fact that

12. The hunters of those four states alone would comprise the largest army in the world. The number of Hunters in the state of Texas would be the largest standing army in the world by itself.

13. The point?

14. America will forever be safe from foreign invasion with that kind of home-grown firepower.

15. Hunting -- it's not just a way to fill the freezer. It's a matter of national security.

16. That's why all enemies, foreign and domestic, want to see us disarmed.

17. Food for thought when next we consider gun control.

View attachment 582637
NEVER GIVE UP YOUR GUNS!!!

What Japanese generals? If you are referring to Isoroku Yamamoto (which is very common) those claims have been debunked. I can't seem to locate other quotes that are valid.

This person is insinuating that because people have firearms/hunting license they are capable of combat? What are the ages of these people? What are their physical capabilities? How many people _actually_ went into the forest.
There was a hunting fatality in WI in 2018. 2018 Hunting incident summary - Wisconsin DNR
There was also a fatality in PA. I did not look up MI or VW. https://www.pgc.pa.gov/HuntTrap/Hunter-TrapperEducation/Documents/2018 Hunting-Related Shooting Incidents Summary.pdf

I understand the point they are trying to make(yes, America is armed) but the subjects used as the foundations for the claims are questionable at best. The person that made these claims has used the same techniques used by the antis with manipulating data and citing a Red Herring. Should the claims ever need be used to support something larger, they eventually will be scrutinized and fall apart - it makes us all look bad.:rolleyes:

Simo Häyhä - Wikipedia
Never underestimate what one man with a gun can accomplish when he is defending his home.

There was also a fatality in PA. I did not look up MI or VW. https://www.pgc.pa.gov/HuntTrap/Hunter-TrapperEducation/Documents/2018 Hunting-Related Shooting Incidents Summary.pdf

I get your point.

My response is this:

I have cousins in the Deep South who are excellent woodsmen and hunters, and I pity the fool who truly pisses off one of those guys. There are millions of men in the US just like them.

Added to that is the huge number of veterans who can still pull a trigger.

Added to that are all the family members who've been taught to shoot, from a young age.

And then there's us, too. The gimpy old grandpas and grandmas who know how to shoot.

Remember that unlike 30 years ago many gun owners are not military trained. Also unlike 30 years ago enemy forces are less interested in occupying entire countries to achieve their goals. Economic domination, proxy terrorism, sabotage, espionage, and similar tactics are more likely. These are the type of attacks which a man with a gun on his land is much less useful to oppose no matter how brave and proficient he is (and the women firearm owners too).

While I agree the number of hunters/ gun owners is indeed formidable. They don't make up an army. We are not trained as an army. We might make a strong resistance but logistics and communications would be problematic. True, many of us are hunters but a key point to remember is this:
Deer don't shoot back.

A couple million "good ol' boys" with scoped magnum rifles would definitely be a force to be reckoned with. Even if they only got off one shot before being killed or captured that would still bring advancements to a hault. Add ied's and other terrorist tactics and you end up breaking the will of the enemy. It's all happened before.

Last Edited:
While I agree the number of hunters/ gun owners is indeed formidable. They don't make up an army. We are not trained as an army. We might make a strong resistance but logistics and communications would be problematic. True, many of us are hunters but a key point to remember is this:
Deer don't shoot back.

Neither do steel gongs or paper. But, the hunter pulls the trigger knowing something is about to die. Actual killing trumps paper punching in my book. Also, wild animals have a proficiency with their senses and a will to survive that humans don't. Men talk loud, stink, smoke, fart and laugh about it. Easy pickings for someone with a rifle who knows how to be quiet.

Neither do steel gongs or paper. But, the hunter pulls the trigger knowing something is about to die. Actual killing trumps paper punching in my book. Also, wild animals have a proficiency with their senses and a will to survive that humans don't. Men talk loud, stink, smoke, fart and laugh about it. Easy pickings for someone with a rifle who knows how to be quiet.
I agree, but you're talking individuals and I'm talking armies.
Resistance only comes after the conquest.

Hunters...sure but what about all the Military members that have served, received training are armed and now out. Way more out, then currently in. Just a thought.

If I remember right back in the late 1700's a bunch of hunters, woodsmen and few others run a bunch of trained Red Coats out of this country. I also remember about 45 years ago there was one hell of a lot of men trained for combat that are still alive today and armed.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top