JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So I've already been bit by the sinus cold. This sucks. I've got 4 kids though, and they love to share them. I was wondering what you guys do, to avoid illness. Like to hear from dudes with kids for sure. You old farts have it easy.
Does energy C stuff work if I main line it every day this winter?

I may get flak for this but I shovel wellness formula, you can get it at Freddy's in liquid or pills. Vitamin and health stores will carry it too.

As soon as my wife or daughter catch something I take those religiously.

Most of the time I don't get sick. If is do it is generally for less time then seems average.

SO happy I don't have my early AM job anymore.
(Quite a few months ago)

Worked with folks who had young kids (germ factories).. Thus I think I must have caught well over 4-5 flus and 2 stomach flus.. Horrible..

And worst yet they insisted on coming into work, which got everyone sick all because: "they didn't want to waste a sick day"..
(paid BTW)

Meanwhile.. Me having the immune system of "The Bubble Boy".. I MUST have caught every virus there was to be caught last year.. BS!

This year I hope to have a much better, healthier fall/winter/spring.. I.e.. virus season (for me)..

Zinc, vitamin C, multi vitamins, tons of water and heat seem to aid me in getting over a flu.. "Faster".

As said above.....But add DO NOT TOUCH YOUR FACE!. Eyes, nose, mouth. Don't touch the kids, or anything they touch. (not possible, I know)

Speaking of "Old Farts", the way I've been feeling this year I might trade the bad shoulder, the tricky hip, the back pain and the knee, that for some reason just swelled up and started hurting for, seemingly, no reason yesterday for a cold or two during the year!

Mike

OK, this works, for me... And I have used it for ... Well Since 1971, when I read of it....

There are Two Herbs that help, plus one other item I will discuss, at the end.

Get yourself Cayenne Pepper.
And Golden Seal.

Double-ought Caps, you know empty gelatin caps... (Or look for Pre-capped Herbs... But I prefer the former...

The Hottest Cayenne Pepper, that I use is about 120,000 IU, you can Find 90,000 fairly easy though.

Golden Seal is Expensive, ($116.00/#), ...but you will only need $2/3.00 worth!!!

Fill the capsules. Ahead of time is best.... So...

At the First sign of a cold, take Two Cayenne's and one G.S. capsule(s).

As soon, as you feel the fire in your belly, take another Two, of Each.

Wrap yourself into your warmest Mummy Bag, and extra blankets. Sit. Have Water to hydrate yourself. Sit. Wait. Four to Six hours repeat a double cap of each. Stay wrapped.

What is all this about? It is just this... You get healthy, when You BREAK your Fever!!!!

And what you did, was INDUCE a Fever... Plus G.S. which is known for its antibacterial and other Healthy Concepts.

Now, the next thing, is Apple Cider Vinegar. The real deal I only buy Dr. Braggs AC Vinegar.

It will be used as a Gargle. If you can, ~Man Up~ to it, 100% pure, if not, then dilute it up to Fifty percent, with water. Now most think they know ~how to Gargle~ BUT, and this was written in Vermont Folk Medicine, by an MD... Who was a house call type Doctor... The olden days kind!

Take a swig, tilt your head up... And gargle the the tune "the Star Spangled Banner" ... I'll wait, for the giggles to stop.

OK, YOU DONE GIGGLING???? What you are doing is simply causing your throat, to allow that gargle solution, to get as DEEP INTO your Throat, As possible. Amazing Idea! Spit out the gargle, and repeat. You will be doing at Least a three Ounce glass that way, say measure with a 2/3 cup measure.... But do it!!!

Apple Cider Vinegar, has a Brazillion minerals, enzymes, and nutients, that the Germs that were in your throat dislike. In Fact, you will SEE THEM in the gargle that you spit out, towards the end of that session.

You need to do that, three times a day... When Really Sick.

The first time I did that, and I did not Dilute it... I had Strep Throat, and No Money. I was healthy in 3 days.

(Even Obama does not know, how many is a Brazillion, but he heard that Two Brazillion Soldiers were killed in Iraq, when he first became the instigator in chief...)

philip,
Has returned. :rolleyes:

OK, this works, for me... And I have used it for ... Well Since 1971, when I read of it....

And Golden Seal.

Double-ought Caps, you know empty gelatin caps... (Or look for Pre-capped Herbs... But I prefer the former...

The Hottest Cayenne Pepper, that I use is about 120,000 IU, you can Find 90,000 fairly easy though.

Golden Seal is Expensive, ($116.00/#), ...but you will only need $2/3.00 worth!!!

Wrap yourself into your warmest Mummy Bag, and extra blankets. Sit. Have Water to hydrate yourself. Sit. Wait. Four to Six hours repeat a double cap of each. Stay wrapped.

What is all this about? It is just this... You get healthy, when You BREAK your Fever!!!!

And what you did, was INDUCE a Fever... Plus G.S. which is known for its antibacterial and other Healthy Concepts.

Now, the next thing, is Apple Cider Vinegar. The real deal I only buy Dr. Braggs AC Vinegar.

It will be used as a Gargle. If you can, ~Man Up~ to it, 100% pure, if not, then dilute it up to Fifty percent, with water. Now most think they know ~how to Gargle~ BUT, and this was written in Vermont Folk Medicine, by an MD... Who was a house call type Doctor... The olden days kind!

Take a swig, tilt your head up... And gargle the the tune "the Star Spangled Banner" ... I'll wait, for the giggles to stop.

OK, YOU DONE GIGGLING???? What you are doing is simply causing your throat, to allow that gargle solution, to get as DEEP INTO your Throat, As possible. Amazing Idea! Spit out the gargle, and repeat. You will be doing at Least a three Ounce glass that way, say measure with a 2/3 cup measure.... But do it!!!

Apple Cider Vinegar, has a Brazillion minerals, enzymes, and nutients, that the Germs that were in your throat dislike. In Fact, you will SEE THEM in the gargle that you spit out, towards the end of that session.

The first time I did that, and I did not Dilute it... I had Strep Throat, and No Money. I was healthy in 3 days.

(Even Obama does not know, how many is a Brazillion, but he heard that Two Brazillion Soldiers were killed in Iraq, when he first became the instigator in chief...)

philip,
Holy sheet. This sounds like a Navaho recipe.

And Golden Seal.

philip,

*SHEESH* A little ol' cold doesn't sound THAT bad....:eek:

I usually start taking something like Airborne as soon as the sniffles hit our house, and I honestly can't remember the last time I had a cold...

I have a terrible immune system get sinus infection like crazy. I have a baby in daycare and I work in a health club that is anything but healthy.
Dust really get me, and attacked is a photo of my daily task.
I buy emergen C packets and pour them in V8 splash almost daily along with a multivitamin. It really helps. I went from being sick every 4-5 weeks to maybe a couple times a year

image.jpg

Dust really get me, and attacked is a photo of my daily task.

I got to sneezing just looking at that photo!!!! :confused:

Yes. Those are rough & tough recipes for curing a cold... Monica, for a sniffle, no, I would not do above...

For a Down to Earth, I feel like I did Die cold... Those above.... Work!!!!

I might mention, as well.... That a straight swig of AC Vinegar, into to the pipes, and down the hatch as my Father would say... Prevents the common cold from getting started in the first place.....

However, even I, can not get up the courage to do it daily....

Sort of like the Old AA Saying, that if you eat a live toad, first thing in the morning, nothing ~worse~ will happen that day :eek: :rolleyes: :confused: :s0040:

philip

I spend lots of time crawling and rolling around in the dirt, mud, on dirty grimey roads and sidewalks, touching nasty stuff, getting as gross as I can get, then I eat a sandwhich without washing my hands - figure if it doesn't kill me it'll make me stronger ;) Licking random homeless people is also good if you just can't seem to get dirty enough.

Seriously though - I eat vitamin c like candy during the fall/winter. If I start feeling nasty I start popping a combo of sudafed (real stuff, worth the drive to Vancouver once every couple months) tylenol and mucinex. That covers the bases of headache /muscle soreness of the flu, takes care of typical sinus problems, and gives the expectorant to hack up the crap that always builds in my lungs. I don't get sick a LOT but when I do it usually kicks my bubblegum and I'm sick for damn near a month. I also try to take a multivitamin daily. I might have really expensive pee 6 months a year, but it does seem to help.

Also - if I get a sore throat or sinus infection I suck on a lot of mint lifesavers (sugar free when I can get 'em) - helps keep the throat feeling okayish. Stay hydrated - drink lots of water and broth.

We also don't let our kid around relatives when they're sick - it's easy with a toddler - once he's school age I'll probably be sick for 12 straight years.

I just happened upon this website, I am providing the English Version, as I gather that most here... Sprechan sie .... Auf Wiedersein, Wie Gehten zie, ist eine AmeriKan, Ja? And Si No Habla Anything but American, Si?

http://www.kingcounty.gov/healthservices/health/preparedness/pandemicflu/comicbook.aspx

If you need it in Aferkans, Hmong, Khmer, or worse French, they have it Free for you as well...

Forgive my unquestionable rudeness on language... I have had a grudge against same, since 1971, when I was Lost in Germany, and asked "Sprechen zie English..." And was told..."Yes, better than You Enunciate your German..." Ouch that hurt...

philip

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads