JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
A new chapter is starting in Salem. We will be having a meet and greet, Wednesday, September 26th from 5-9 at Tritac Shooting Solutions. Check out our Facebook page, The Well Armed Woman Salem. Come meet other women who enjoy the sport.

Let me know if you have any questions

No worries. Meetings will be the last Wednesday of each month, 7-9 pm
Haha! Anyway, I joined the chapter out of Sherwood. Pretty excited the chapter leader is an NRA certified instructor, Sue, and there was another gal there Roxie who is also NRA certified. They also train. Learned a lot then went into the range and did some shooting. Sue gave me some tips to improve my marksmanship. Can't wait to get more involved!

That's great! Glad you enjoyed it. Sue and Roxie are amazing, they encouraged me to start a chapter in Salem. Most chapter leaders are NRA instructors including me. It's part of the package.

After reading this post yesterday, I looked to see if there is a group in my area and there is. I'm a little hesitant to just show up by myself, but I certainly need more friends, especially like-minded ones. I'm a teacher, so making real friends at work isn't really a reality. The next meeting is in two weeks at the range.

I've bought several things from the site before, and really love my specially designed ladies holster, but never thought of joining a group.

Hi Angie,
I'm @SouthernGirl 's other half. Glad you found a local chapter. I wouldn't hesitate to show up alone, you know like minded gun folk are super friendly! Sounded like most of the women that attended the Salem meet and greet were alone...until they were there. I'm sure my bride will comment and agree once she is up.

@Angie you can attend a meeting before joining and see what you think. Reach out to the chapter leader. I'm sure you will find once you go to a meeting it was worth it. There's something about just being together with other women. Let me know how it goes.

After reading this post yesterday, I looked to see if there is a group in my area and there is. I'm a little hesitant to just show up by myself, but I certainly need more friends, especially like-minded ones. I'm a teacher, so making real friends at work isn't really a reality. The next meeting is in two weeks at the range.

I've bought several things from the site before, and really love my specially designed ladies holster, but never thought of joining a group.
Did you ever find a group near you?

@SouthernGirl Yes. I did not meet them at the range, however. We've been siding and staining our house, and we literally just finished 15 minutes ago. It's taken 2 months of weekends. So, I did not have time to give to the range mid-day on a Saturday. But I will meet up at some point in the near future. Their next meeting is on a weekend we head to SoCal for a 50th birthday party. Life gets in the way, LOL.

Sounds like you've been pretty busy. I know how that goes. Get with them when you can, I'm sure you will enjoy it. Reach out if I can help with anything. :)

A new chapter is starting in Salem. We will be having a meet and greet, Wednesday, September 26th from 5-9 at Tritac Shooting Solutions. Check out our Facebook page, The Well Armed Woman Salem. Come meet other women who enjoy the sport.

Let me know if you have any questions
Is there a Vancouver WA chapter?

Looking for the gal - So sorry I forgot your name ): - I met at TWAW chapter meeting last week. Wanted to know if you want to get together at the range. Send me an email and we'll connect.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top