Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

The way the Russians handle pirates!

Discussion in 'Education & Training' started by PinkhamR, Nov 19, 2010.

1. PinkhamR

PinkhamR Altus, Oklahoma MSgt, USAF (Retired)-FFL Lifetime Supporter

I received this email earlier today and can in no way confirm all the statements made ....

This videotape shows Russian Navy commandos on a Somalian pirate ship shortly after the pirates had captured a Russian oil tanker. The Euro Union navy that patrols these waters would not interfere because they feared there could be casualties.

All explanations are in Russian with a single exception of when a wounded pirate says something in English and the Russian soldier says: "this is not a fishing boat." All conversations between the commandos are in Russian. If you don't understand Russian, the pictures speak for themselves.

The soldiers freed their compatriots and the tanker. The Russian Navy Commandos moved the pirates back to their own (pirate) ship, searched the pirate ship for weapons and explosives and then they left the ship and exploded it with all remaining pirates hand-cuffed to it.

The commandos sank the pirate ship along with the pirates and without any court proceedings, lawyers etc. That is, they used the anti-piracy laws of the 18th and 19th centuries where the captain of the rescuing ship has the right to decide what to do with the pirates. Usually, they were hung.

I would think from now on, Russian ships will not be targets for Somalian pirates..

? ???? ???? ????? 300 ??? ???? ?????... - "??? ???? ? ?????????". ????????, ???????.

This link is in Russian .....

2. spengo

spengo GLORIOUS CASCADIA Active Member

nice

3. bnsaibum

bnsaibum Corvallis, OR Well-Known Member 2015 Volunteer

From an online translator:
    from above the video
    I am not able to keep video, and it, I am afraid, will soon clean.

First Russians have grasped and as having released, have blown up a piracy vessel.

from below it
    They could not make it without the permission.
    And you speak, that suspicions that plane Kachinskogo has fallen off not incidentally, are groundless.
    As criminalists speak, - look at handwriting.

I would think that the pirates would not attempt many more against the Russians after this.

4. bugeye

bugeye Oregon Well-Known Member

I might have missed something but it looked like the pirates were on the Russian Boat (larger flatter deck surface) when the pirate ship was blown up?

5. bnsaibum

bnsaibum Corvallis, OR Well-Known Member 2015 Volunteer

From an online translator:
    from above the video
    I am not able to keep video, and it, I am afraid, will soon clean.

First Russians have grasped and as having released, have blown up a piracy vessel.

from below it
    They could not make it without the permission.
    And you speak, that suspicions that plane Kachinskogo has fallen off not incidentally, are groundless.
    As criminalists speak, - look at handwriting.

I would think that the pirates would not attempt many more against the Russians after this.

6. JumpWing

JumpWing NK WA Member

Yep. Word gets around. Thorough retribution makes a potent discouragement.

7. treemanx

treemanx Spray, Or. Active Member

Where are you getting the idea that the pirates were on board the vessel when the Russians blew it up? I dont see any evidence in the video that shows who or what was on the ship when it blew, so you must another source that backs this up?

(BTW, I wouldnt be upset in the least if they were on board, just doesnt look like that was the case to me for sure)

8. elsie

elsie Way over there on the left Well-Known Member

A quick search brings up several articles that say the pirates were put aboard a rubber boat with food and water but no navigation equipment. They were 160 miles from shore and they have not been seen since (about 10 days from release to the date of the report). They probably did not make it, or were picked up by other pirates.

elsie

9. treemanx

treemanx Spray, Or. Active Member

That sounds more plausible to me, thanks for the leg work!

10. PinkhamR

PinkhamR Altus, Oklahoma MSgt, USAF (Retired)-FFL Lifetime Supporter

Thank you .... I was just going by the statement made on the email attached to the link .....

11. marty8587

marty8587 NE Portland Active Member

That blowed up real good!!

12. usmc

usmc oregon Active Member

that was awesome, wish that would happen more often.

13. MikeE

MikeE Portland Well-Known Member

The Russian Gov is a pirate organization. They don't like competition.

14. MA Duce

MA Duce Central Oregon Well-Known Member

Excellent point. But in any event the way to treat these thugs is for them to go to sea...and never return. Eventually the cost/benefit ratio would eliminate the practice.

15. Pogue_Mahone

Pogue_Mahone Eugene, OR Active Member

Ayy. Its Davy Jones' locker for them! Yahaar

16. atypicalparkie

atypicalparkie sowfeast poetland, ohraygun Member

Hah Mike! Maybe the Russian media will spin it that Putin crushed the ship with his bare hands or blew it up with his icy stare...

17. spider

spider Hillsboro Well-Known Member

There tactics are pretty interesting, I remember sometime in the early 90s, some lunatics took over a school somewhere in russia and they didn't speak russian, so over a loud speaker the officers responding yelled out "get down" then sprayed the whole building with fire, in order to kill the bad guys, I just remembered that their reasoning, was the childern were short and the bad guys were taller!

18. raftman

raftman Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Not like our government, which is honest and never takes anything from the decent, hardworking people that have earned what they have.

19. Now you're gettin' it.

20. Redcap

Redcap Lewis County, WA Well-Known Member

what-you-did-there-i-see-it.thumbnail.jpg