JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
A point that should be brought up is that banning so-called "assault weapons" has been tried before and it had little impact on crime. The Federal "Assault Weapon" Ban of 1994 (that expired in 2004) required that a study be performed to assess the effectiveness of the ban. The study found

"...the ban’s effects on gun violence are likely to be small at best and perhaps too small for reliable measurement. AWs were rarely used in gun crimes even before the ban." <broken link removed>

This point should be made over and over again: the proposed ban on so-called "assault weapons" will have little effect on crime and is nothing more than a cynical and disgraceful attempt to take political advantage of the tragic murders of police officers, murders committed by a career criminal who should never have been released to walk the streets, and who didn't use an "assault weapon" to commit the murders. Criminals like Maurice Clemmons will ignore any so-called "assault weapon" ban just as he ignored the prohibition against convicted felons owning firearms.

I spend a lot of time reading the posts at calguns.net, and you do not want to let Washington become the oppressive nightmare that California is regarding so-called "assault weapons". This is a serious threat to your rights. Washington gun owners should be doing something about this every day. Continue to write to your representatives, write letters to the editor of your newspapers, make flyers to hand out at ranges, gun stores, ranges, etc. to inform other Washington gun owners so they can get involved. If you let this law pass it will be almost impossible to get rid of.

Thank you for posting that. I forwarded it along to Senator Roach as she has replied to my emails indicating her support in this issue.

I would encourage everyone to call their local State Rep. I would be very friendly and ask for the Rep or leave the Rep a message. Try to get a hold of the Rep and not leave the message with the staffer. From my past experiences I know it is a lot more effective in getting your position across. Many if not most of the times the staffs respond to the emails and the State Rep's never hear about your view. I have already called my State Rep's. I would not call your State Senators as this is a House bill.

I would encourage everyone to call their local State Rep. I would be very friendly and ask for the Rep or leave the Rep a message. Try to get a hold of the Rep and not leave the message with the staffer. From my past experiences I know it is a lot more effective in getting your position across. Many if not most of the times the staffs respond to the emails and the State Rep's never hear about your view. I have already called my State Rep's. I would not call your State Senators as this is a House bill.

Actually, House Bill 2477 is the bill to ban private face to face sales. Senate Bill 6396 is the Assault Weapons Ban.

Make sure you contact both your House and Senate reps on both issues.

Those Lakewood officers died because of the FAILURE of the government. Not law abiding gun owners.

If you don't mind, I would like to use this sentence in my letters to the legislators. I will edit the emphasis to "Those Lakewood officers died because of the failure of the GOVERNMENT. NOT law abiding gun owners."

This has to be caught early. If it gains any momentum, it'll be harder to kill. Flood those Reps. and Senators NOW!

Jack :angry:

Here was my first letter to our senator. If it helps you, feel free.

Mr. Gordon,

I, and many others, object to the necessity and language of SB6396, "Banning the sale of assault weapons".

This bill is not necessary. The current firearm legislation in Washington is adequate and effective. A bill that creates "home inspection" controls, "licensing of ranges" and similar items and adds cost to administer, is inappropriate now or in the future. There is no evidence the ontrols in this bill do anything to promote the public interest, and, restrict weapons that are today legally possessed and utilized.

This bill is flawed. The description of "assault rifle" as contained in the bill covers many, many sporting rifles, and, eliminates standard features of rifles produced by REminton, Winchester, Weatherby, and others. A thumbhole stock is used by competitors to achieve great precision in shooting matches with single shot rifles - why is that an "assault" component? Similarly, a muzzle compensator is used on many weapons, including those for skeet shooting. Again, unrelated to any public interest. Almost every "feature" described does nothing for the public interest, but, seems to be an attempt to ban all firearms. This is not acceptable.

Our current laws are adequate and effective. Please support me, and, thousands of others to oppose SB6396 and spend our time on more appropriate matters.

Best regards,

First they took our Gold ... now they want our guns and next they'll force us to go like cattle to be infected with the A/H1N1 vaccine (BTW ... there's rumors that the syringes used for this vaccine contains nanobites which can be activated by the government through our wireless networks in the home or ot Starbucks to kill us) ... We should all go to the Capitol in Olympia (even if we live in OR) because we know that OR will be next to post such a law .. Did anybody think about calling GunsofAmerica and NRA to let them know about this bill ???

First they took our Gold ... now they want our guns and next they'll force us to go like cattle to be infected with the A/H1N1 vaccine (BTW ... there's rumors that the syringes used for this vaccine contains nanobites which can be activated by the government through our wireless networks in the home or ot Starbucks to kill us) ... We should all go to the Capitol in Olympia (even if we live in OR) because we know that OR will be next to post such a law .. Did anybody think about calling GunsofAmerica and NRA to let them know about this bill ???

NRA is already involved. I received an email from a friend with the forwarded NRA-ILA alert about the ban last night.

:s0155:

I use to be proud to live in Washington and AMERICA for that matter. After this, I'm starting to give a second thought.... I contacted my senator and both reps.... this crap pisses me off! :s0123:

(BTW ... there's rumors that the syringes used for this vaccine contains nanobites which can be activated by the government through our wireless networks in the home or ot Starbucks to kill us) ...

Wait... nanobites??? :s0131:

This forum needs to add this smilie (tin foil hat) TFH.gif

Im serious...owners of these weapons and high capacitity magazines, who have PAID THIER HARD EARNED MONEY FOR THIER PROPERTY WHICH WAS ALREADY LEGAL should just refuse to relenquish their property. This is just as much an immoral property seizure as it is a violation of the 2nd amendment. SHOW THEM THE BUSINESS END OF YOUR PROPERTY. They want a war? Give it to them.

Im serious....lets just get on with it and give the elites what they deserve. Come get em pigs, youll wish you never tried.

Legislation Introduced to Attack Gun Shows in Washington
Please Stand-Up and Make Your Voices Heard!

State Representatives Brendan Williams (D-22) and Maralyn Chase (D-32) have introduced House Bill 2477, a bill that seeks to abolish the private transfer of firearms, even between family and friends, at gun shows.

Simply put, HB2477 would hold law-abiding gun owners liable for the acts of criminals. Under this bill, if a firearm is privately transferred at a gun show to a person who is ineligible, the seller can be held liable for injury or death caused by the criminal use of that firearm.

Im serious...owners of these weapons and high capacitity magazines, who have PAID THIER HARD EARNED MONEY FOR THIER PROPERTY WHICH WAS ALREADY LEGAL should just refuse to relenquish their property. This is just as much an immoral property seizure as it is a violation of the 2nd amendment. SHOW THEM THE BUSINESS END OF YOUR PROPERTY. They want a war? Give it to them.

Im serious....lets just get on with it and give the elites what they deserve. Come get em pigs, youll wish you never tried.

The Bill isn't requiring anyone to relinquish their weapons. Just their 2nd and 4th amendment rights.

You need to read the Bill a little more closely next time...

As you can read here, the bill does not require you to turn in your weapon. It does, however, say that the only place an assault weapon may be used is on your own property or at a licensed range. Guess hunting on BLM land would be out.

One should bare in mind that their XD9 pistol would be an assault weapon, as would their child's 10/22 rifle, since it has a detatchable magazine and a magazine capable of holding more than 10 rounds is available. The XD also because the sub-compact comes with an extended magazine.

Does this create a new category of "concealable assault weapon?"

(3) Subsection (1) of this section shall not apply to any of the
33 following:
34 (a) The possession of an unloaded assault weapon for the purpose of
35 permanently relinquishing it to a law enforcement agency in this state.
36 Any assault weapon relinquished pursuant to this subsection shall be
37 destroyed;
SB 6396 p. 6
1 (b) The transfer of any assault weapon by a licensed manufacturer
2 or dealer to a law enforcement agency in this state for use by that
3 agency or its employees for law enforcement purposes;
4 (c) The possession of an assault weapon that was legally possessed
5 on the effective date of this section, but only if the person legally
6 possessing the assault weapon has complied with all of the requirements
7 of subsection (5) of this section;
8 (d) The possession of an assault weapon that has been permanently
9 disabled so that it is incapable of discharging a projectile.
10 (4) Subsection (2) of this section shall not apply to any person:
11 (a) While lawfully engaged in shooting at a duly licensed, lawfully
12 operated shooting range;
13 (b) While lawfully participating in a sporting event officially
14 sanctioned by a club or organization established in whole or in part
15 for the purpose of sponsoring sport shooting events.
16 (5) In order to continue to possess an assault weapon that was
17 legally possessed on the effective date of this section, the person
18 possessing the assault weapon shall do all of the following:
19 (a) Safely and securely store the assault weapon. The sheriff of
20 the county may, no more than once per year, conduct an inspection to
21 ensure compliance with this subsection;
22 (b) Possess the assault weapon only on property owned or
23 immediately controlled by the person, or while engaged in the legal use
24 of the assault weapon at a duly licensed firing range, or while
25 traveling to or from either of these locations for the purpose of
26 engaging in the legal use of the assault weapon, provided that the
27 assault weapon is stored unloaded and in a separate locked container
28 during transport.

The Bill isn't requiring anyone to relinquish their weapons. Just their 2nd and 4th amendment rights.

You need to read the Bill a little more closely next time...

The law basically makes it impossible to get out and enjoy your property. To use it. And they also want to make it almost impossible to sell it. They are effectively taking it from you.

My statement still stands. These people dont know when to stop. Its time they are stopped by the very guns they hate. When elites go this far, WE are in the right, constitutionally. They are not. Jefferson would have called for revolution years ago. Im serious. Start the G-damn war NOW.

They say every man has a price.

I'd willingly relinquish my firearms to the state at a price of $100,000,000,000 for each firearm, and $100,000 for each round of ammo...

There you communist pigs, now you know how to get them off the street. If you really wanted them off the street to save lives, you wouldn't let a little price tag stop you from accomplishing that.

Status

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads