JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So, Ive been catching up on my Walking Dead (mid way through season 3 so please no spoilers) Ive been noticing a LOT of right handed holsters set up on the left side. They all seem to shoot right handed for the most part.

I get that with the end of the world and what not, gear might be hard to come by. That still doesn't explain the whole "I shoot right, but let me holster backwards on my weak side" thing.

I get that its a TV show, and movies and such aren't always accurate, but that seems like too silly to be an accident, it has to be on purpose. So what give? Zombies hit and cross draw becomes the standard why?

So what are your theories ?

They're from Atlanta....and don't know any better?
or
It's on their Costume Assistants right-side for dressing them ?
or
They don't want to clutter up shots taken on their "good side"?
or

Most likely......

Darryl told them that's the way all the really tough guys do it...And now he quietly chuckles to himself whenever he watches those pantywaists prance around the set.

I think it looks really, REALLY cool. Eh, caught the last few scenes of Outlaw Josey Wales last night....Boy that guy knows how to carry his guns!

I have no idea. But I do have a recommendation. Its probably best if you just stop watching at the end of season 3. You will feel a whole lot better about the show. If you insist on pressing on into 4 and 5 you will simply be wasting hours of your life that you'll never get back.

So what are your theories ?

It's to show the gun. Placing the gun on a hip doesn't highlight it nearly as much as when it is up front. If you watch a lot of cop shows, you will also notice that many of them will intentionally have their holstered firearms very close of their centerline (even on their strong side) just to highlight the firearm.

I think a few characters on NCIS Los Angeles and Law and Order does this a lot...they'll grab their pistols and place them like at the 2-o'clock. It used to drive me crazy, too, since no cop in the world would carry it like that.

Lack of holsters in the end of the world.

Finding a gun is hard enough. Keeping ammo for it is even harder. Finding a suitable holster, well poop.

Another theory is that knives tend to work better and most have those holstered on their dominant arm.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top