JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
big fan of the show, but the season 2 opener was WAY to much of a soap opera. I'll give it another episode or 2. I think they use different directors each week if I'm not mistaken...so the 'feel' of the show can change quite a bit.

Too much talking. I want to see some action!

When I hear the word "Zombie", I think of guns, and action. All the talking does is make the show boring, I don't want to hear your sob story, I want to see some zombies get blown away. maybe talking while killing zombies would be okay, but it's a DRAMA show, and it's 90% talking and maybe 10% action. And some of the characters don't seem to fit the show very well.

Tonight's episode was too slow. It's almost like they don't have enough material to fill up each episode, so they have to drag things out. I don't mind the "soap opera" elements in the show, but even those are dragged out. And, this season doesn't seem to have the same sense of creepiness of the first season.

I'll probably keep watching, but hope that things get better soon. What was the zombie count tonight? One?

Care to take a guess at the following?

Is T-Dog actually infected with zombie germs? (and not simply battling a regular infection)
Will they find the little girl? Alive, zombie, or scraps?
Will Carl survive?
Will Shane die, and if so, when/how? I'm pretty sure that Carl shoots him in the comic book - doesn't seem to be where they're going with this show.

Why doesn't anybody wear leather jackets and gloves? Dress like your afraid of getting bit for gods sake.

I changed the channel the other day when I saw some guy riding a old Triumph wearing a wife beater. Dumb writing.

And yeah, drive a brand new, big suv with the ac on and the windows up.

I like the show but I think the biggest problem is the characters are shifting 'pole position' too frequently. Strong, leadership positions fall to weak and submissive roles frequently and this confuses the viewing public but it could be part of the plan. Killing off the main characters is always risky as viewers tend to identify with certain ones and will lose interest if their favorite is gone. As far as the 2nd episode being too slow it is possible the producers did not think the show would make it to a 2nd season and did not write script for it and are scrambling to catch up. This was very evident in the 2nd season of 'Lost'. I too expected a stronger 2nd for TWD but unless they get a solid, core cast then 'this dog won't hunt'

They should call the show "The walking LAME". The story is so bad a six year old would be bored with the plot. We are supposed to believe six complete idiots in a pile of crap RV with three guns and four bullets are all that's left?

1. New RV's are free, why keep fixing that pile of crap?
2. Guns are now cheap and plentiful, so is ammo, why shoot a hooptie shotgun and pile-o-crap revolver?
3. There is no shortage of either soap or water, why walk around smelling like crap?
4. When you see a deer in the woods and you are starving,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,why send a moron kid to pet it?
5. No radio?
6. Let me get this straight, everyone with any common sense on earth was wiped out in six mere weeks, not a single person knew enough after the third day of zombies biting people to stay the **** away from the walking dead?

I just feel as though they are not "Fighting" the zombies to make the show last longer.

You can bet your bottom dollar I'd go find a .50 cal, and pull a Mad Max or Rambo on all these zombies.

"oh we can't find any bullets!", get a tank, APC, armored car, etc, and run them over! i could crush 1,000's of zombies under the tracks of my tank, and I'd be launching constant attacks against the undead.

Why can't the survivors just stockpile guns and ammo and launch an offensive against the zombies? That's what I'd do.

The show is getting dumb, and I'm losing faith in made for TV shows and movies.

Why doesn't anybody wear leather jackets and gloves? Dress like your afraid of getting bit for gods sake.

I changed the channel the other day when I saw some guy riding a old Triumph wearing a wife beater. Dumb writing.

I believe it was well over 100 degrees that day. I dont know if you've ever experienced the Atlanta area in the middle of summer. But between the heat and %100 humidity, A leather jacket would be suicide...
The writers are trying to keep some realism. These are just supposed to be a group of random people and Podunk rednecks in the dirty south. Dumb writing would be dressing these people up as mall ninja commando's.

Bigfoot said:
And yeah, drive a brand new, big suv with the ac on and the windows up.

It's easy to fix an old car. With some duct tape, jb weld, and a basic tool kit you can fix almost anything wrong with it. Spare parts can be found almost anywhere or they can be improvised or adapted fairly easily.

New cars require specialized diagnostic equipment to test the hundreds of sensors and actuators that make the car run. Parts are usually proprietary and shipped from overseas.
From a post apocalyptic survival standpoint, give me an old truck ANY day.

I just feel as though they are not "Fighting" the zombies to make the show last longer.

You can bet your bottom dollar I'd go find a .50 cal, and pull a Mad Max or Rambo on all these zombies.

"oh we can't find any bullets!", get a tank, APC, armored car, etc, and run them over! i could crush 1,000's of zombies under the tracks of my tank, and I'd be launching constant attacks against the undead.

Why can't the survivors just stockpile guns and ammo and launch an offensive against the zombies? That's what I'd do.

The show is getting dumb, and I'm losing faith in made for TV shows and movies.

Just to throw out some statistics...

5,475,213 (2009 est.) in the 28-county Atlanta Metropolitan Statistical Area, designated by the Metro Atlanta Chamber of Commerce

So, if we round that down to an even 5 million zombies in just that area, against ~20 survivors... an "offensive" is just a fancy word for suicide.
You say you could take out thousands, but even if you could take out HUNDREDS of thousands, that would still leave MILLIONS to deal with.
You would need an attack larger than Hiroshima and Nagasaki combined. Even then that would just clear out the area. Any place you'd fall back too would have more zombies to deal with.

New cars require specialized diagnostic equipment to test the hundreds of sensors and actuators that make the car run. Parts are usually proprietary and shipped from overseas.
From a post apocalyptic survival standpoint, give me an old truck ANY day.

Shoot..I own a newer Chevy Suburban, Them dudes are everywhere. Easy pick'ns if one breaks down.
From a survival standpoint I could mow down a bunch of them there zombies with my big blue SUV!

Edit: and put A Bunch of supplies in the back.

Dexter has been TERRIBLE this year! At least sons of anarchy sped it up this season. I'm tired of watching 9 out of 13 episodes to wait for something awesome, BREAKING BAD! Anyway as far as the walking dead I love the zombie theme but I too hate the inaccuracy. How come they could smell them when it rained some of the guts off but not under the cars, and the one in the R.V was WAY too smart. Also wtf this whole group of people living in this house UNBOARDED? How are they alive? Yet dozens of zombies found the main group up in the mountains on season 1? The main cop is also annoying, Mr super hero screw my family I need to help everyone. Stfu dude you have a wife and kid in a world full of zombies! What man would leave their side?!

I do like it though haha!

Shoot..I own a newer Chevy Suburban, Them dudes are everywhere. Easy pick'ns if one breaks down.
From a survival standpoint I could mow down a bunch of them there zombies with my big blue SUV!

Edit: and put A Bunch of supplies in the back.

There's not much that's easy about fixing a newer GM product.
I have a snap-on Modis diagnostic tool, all of the keys, programs, attachments, and accouterments, a lift, every tool, widget, and kadoodle known to man. Even with a shop full of these toys and a catalog that gives me access to a replacement for virtually every single part of the car, a fairly simple repair can still take days.

Give me an old Bronco, K5, or Scout and I'll be driving circles around you while you're still trying to figure out why your MAF isnt communicating with your ECU.

I believe it was well over 100 degrees that day. I dont know if you've ever experienced the Atlanta area in the middle of summer. But between the heat and %100 humidity, A leather jacket would be suicide...

As a matter of fact I've been to Lanta many times during the summer. Lived in Bham for most of the 80's, my biker neighbor and most of his friends wore leather all year round. Drink water. . . . .

Brand new cars, SUVs, and RVs with AC abandoned all around them with keys in the ignitions and they drive around in un-airconditioned vehicles with the windows rolled down and wearing no bite protection. That's stupid even for Podunk rednecks. Bah.

Enjoy your show.

I am a big fan of the show as well but like it's been said above, Season 2 has been drama bullcrap. I understand that they need to develop the characters and what not but come on. They really should have left it at 1 season. Maybe it will pick up again but I highly doubt it.

I am not super thrilled with the show so far this season, but the whole get a gun and tart shooting or et in a tank and run them over ignores the fact that zombies would now number in the hundreds of thousands almost anywhere you went near a city. You can't overcome those kinds of numbers with just a few guns or even a tank. A tank would attract a lot of zombies and what do you do when the gas runs out...which would be fast. How fast can you fire a rifle with a hundred mouths beating down on you?

Get some suppressed .22 caliber rifles, get to somewhere remote, and pic them off as they come in smaller groups. When the weather gets below freezing make runs into town to thin out the herd.

It is getting worse, last episode one zombie attack. The thing i could never figure out is why the sheriff ( who never changes clothes or takes off his dumb badge), bailed out of a perfectly good M-1a to run off? Everyone in Atlanta carries a gun but there were none when they searched the freeway cars. I think this is going to settle into another battlestar galactica. They started of fighting, then all the commanders started crying and the women had to take over and make the men suck it. Another series of men being whinersw and women doing everything. This is hollywoods way of chickifying America. Keep a watch out for this in future episodes.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top