Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

The Walking Dead: Season 2

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Sun195, Oct 16, 2011.

1. Sun195

Sun195 Pugetropolis, WA Well-Known Member

So, who else is watching The Walking Dead? Any thoughts about tonight's episode? Definitely tense, but not fulfilling - didn't really seem to accomplish anything (other than losing one kid, and maybe another). Definitely high "ick" factor on the zombie front.

What's your zombie weapon of choice?

I'll admit that I just downloaded Johnny Cash's "I See a Darkness".

2. netsecsys

netsecsys near: Bellingham, WA Active Member

Too many damned commercials...

3. Father of four

Father of four Portland, Oregon Well-Known Member

I had high hopes.....it was a let down.

4. FatherHolyHoly

FatherHolyHoly MN Active Member

My friend got me interested and I've been Netflix'en them the last few nights. Don't know when they'll have season two so I have to make the most of the last three episodes. I have to admit, I thought the "wake-up alone in the hospital" scene in the pilot episode was quite the rip-off (see 28 Days Later) but I can get over that.

I love zombie shows.

Weapon of choice to use on a zombie? Depends. If the zombie happens to be Mila Kunis or Jessica Alba, I'd say a condom. Bah dum dum CRASH!

5. DinhRose

DinhRose Austin, Texas (Ex-Pat of SE PDX) Active Member

Awwwwww booooooo!!!!!! Commence with the throwing of the tomatoes!!! Lol

6. FarmerTed1971

FarmerTed1971 Portland, Oregon, United States Well-Known Member

The comic book this is based on MAYBE older than that flick, not sure though.

7. STNOSU

STNOSU Corvallis Member

I had a marathon of it over the weekend due to Netflix, last nights episode was interesting. One thing was a lil different how the zombie in the motorhome seemed a lil too human in how it was looking around unlike the rest of them. I wish they would of described how they became zombies a lil more. Anyone watching the after show they have?

8. MrNiceGuy

MrNiceGuy between springfield and shelbyville Well-Known Member

Nope, 28 days later debuted in 2002, the comic book in 2003.

But the idea of waking up to a zombie apocalypse in a deserted hospital came from Resident Evil the video game.

For anyone who's interested, the comic book is up to #89 and is pretty decent. But be warned, unlike the tv show, the comic book holds no punches.
    The book and tv show have some similarities, but the tv show is only loosely based on the comic book series.

I've heard they're actually, bring Michonne into the television show... I really hope they do, and that they remain true to her badassness

issue19.jpg

Asp and (deleted member) like this.
  9. Sun195

I think that remains a big question for these "walkers" - how much human remains in them? For example, why were the three just sitting in church? Why do they roam in packs? Is there a shred of humanity left under that shambling mound?

Various questions I have: After the CDC, why didn't they grab a bunch of AR-15 rifles? I know they were trying to get out of there, but there were a bunch of dead military-types laying around - certainly some ammo must have been left.

Also, why don't they upgrade their transportation? They seem to all be driving around in 20+ year-old vehicles. Why not pick up something newer? Even Dale's motorhome could be replaced. (it does look like Daryl got himself a "chopper" motorcycle, but I'm not sure if he had that in Season 1 or not)

10. Gunner3456

Gunner3456 Salem Well-Known Member

The problem is that those shows and books are based on the imaginations of what some people THINK zombies are really like. Unfortunately, it's a bad guess.

NOW, for those of us who have actually seen and fought REAL zombies, it's a big yawner.

11. jordanvraptor

jordanvraptor Oregon City, Oregon Well-Known Member

I like the show but like most shows on tv, I rip them apart when it comes to accuracy on gun issues. Still fun though and in that situation I would be packing a Katana as well... :)

12. CharlesAFerg

CharlesAFerg Beaverton Active Member

+1 to all.

I had a lot of nitpicky things that bothered me, but this pissed me off. I gave up on that show, it's garbage.

13. Buddhalux

Buddhalux Hillsboro, Oregon Active Member

Ya I loved how they had a soviet 12.7 mm machine gun outside of the CDC instead of a Ma Duece. Also, wtf are they wasting time siphoning? Screwdriver and a bucket are 10x faster!

Redcap and (deleted member) like this.
  14. STNOSU

STNOSU Corvallis Member

Yeah but to the average joe are they going to think of punching a hole into a gas tank? Watching it and seeing some of the stupid things they do would be typical of most people out there. Whereas the majority of us would of upgraded vehicles and weapons the majority of the people would be eaten quickly and become zombies lol. Personally I like the show since it makes you think a lil bit, do I believe zombies are going to take over, nope but it still maks you think about if were something were to happen. The wife hates shows like this or any of the movies that potray life as we know it, like Day After Tomorrow etc.

You look at the people hiding under the cars and the zombies not smelling them and look at how the progression of how people change into zombies when it was recorded into the CDC. Keeping things a lil uniform would be good but it is tv.

15. coastal steelheader

coastal steelheader Aberdeen Well-Known Member

16. MrNiceGuy

MrNiceGuy between springfield and shelbyville Well-Known Member

17. PaulZ

PaulZ Oregon City Active Member

How come they never have kid Zombies? I can prove they exist:cool:

18. coop44

coop44 Tacoma ,WA Well-Known Member

geez it's just a tv show, excellent makeup, special effects are great, weak character development, inaccuracies galore. Pretty normal for TV nowadays.

I will still watch it, but I watch Dexter first.

Yes ALL kids are flesh eating little zombies, the parents are the first to go.

I am liking Terra Nova quite a bit now, excellent special effects. Not a bad story line with room for improvement/growth.

19. Sun195

Actually, in the first episode they had a kid zombie - I think Rick had to shoot her. But, yeah, not many kids since.

20. svxr8dr

svxr8dr Vancouver, WA OathKeeper #004404

Check the Walking Dead Webisodes for Zombie Kids