JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I fully expected it to be empty. It was pretty soggy though. It must have fallen in a puddle before it was run over.

Believe me I hate the post office. I love slamming them as much as anyone because it's usually well deserved. I find it difficult to make excuses for them, however, recall that van that went off the overpass outside of Odessa Texas last week. Three prison guards and 8 prisoners killed. I remember one of the news outlets reporting the van came down on top of a rail car filled with mail and seeing pictures of same. There was mail and packages scattered all over the place. Perhaps your package was in that crash.

Fatal%20Wreck-Prison%20Bus.jpg

Then from my neck of the woods (The Democratic People's Republic of Eugene) there's this:
Former U.S. postal worker who says he got 'lazy' sentenced
http://registerguard.com/rg/news/lo...A2202C6C5750349F48064E0B12189F3C9B905B78B5154

From the story:
Douma, who worked at a post office in Eugene, told investigators who questioned him last summer that he "just got lazy" and had failed to make his rounds on multiple occasions between late April and early July, according to court documents.

Gotta love it.

Needless to say that crash was a bad deal for all involved. However the idiot keeping the mail doesn't really surprise me. Especially given where it occurred.

Wow, all of the above sucks! I have been on a first name basis with our mailman for over 25yrs. He's a great guy, conscientious in the extreme and will do everything he can to be helpful! He actually carries stamps so if any of his customers are short he can sell them what they need on the front porch! We like him enough to give him a Christmas card with a $10 gift cert to Starbucks and a high end chocolate bar every year. Sadly, he's retiring in July and we'll be in the same boat as all of you guys. :(

Went in during the holiday rush about week 2 of December. The WELL KNOWN busiest mailing week of the year. Did I see any more employees than on any other day of the year at the front counter? NO. Was there a manager helping out by maybe asking if people in line were just trying to pick up an item that was too big for PO box? NO... Did the 2 guys at the counter move any faster.. NO.
Would any private run business ever be able to keep doors open with this level of service... NO!! :eek:

I use a small private contract mail box store for shipping near my Mom's house.
Almost never a waiting line unless it's near the holidays and the two ladies that run it are so efficient they generally know what I need by remembering my previous visits.

I quit using my local USPS office after they stopped delivering my home mail for over two weeks one year because the temp mail carrier kept misplacing my mail by putting it into the neighbors address slot.
He was writing "Does not live here" on my mail and sending it back.
I complained to deaf ears to the post master that my mail was not being delivered and would he please check with the carrier why it was missing, and he said that there wasn't anything he could do about it.
I left notes in my slot asking the temp why no mail was being delivered for this address.

After no mail for more then 15 days, and two trips inquiring why, I finale went back to the post office and started yelling at them to go to the back room and physically check for my mail.
The lazy post master got off his butt and scowling at me that I was the problem, he finally managed to walk to the back room and sure enough there was a whole box of my mail marked "Returned" by my druggie neighbor and sitting there in some dead head file.

Last Edited:
I must be in the minority , other then the slow help at the counter, which I just chalked up to Stanard Gov operating procedure . I have done pretty good. They have served me while.

<- Why there aren't any school shootings in Israel!
Teacher with long gun slung over her shoulder!!!

"A gun is like a parachute. If you need one and don't have it, you'll probably never need one again!"
I hope you guys are not carrying into the post offices, they have those signs at the door about carrying firearms in there...right ???:eek::eek:

I've never seen any at the two PO's here in Vancouver, but I still park on the street and "unload". Last time I did that it cost me a $115 knife too. Must not have gotten it back in my pocket correctly and it fell out somewhere.

Deen
NRA Life Member, Benefactor Level
NRA Golden Eagle member
NRA Recruiter
Defender of Freedom Award
Washington Arms Collector Member
Vancouver Rifle & Pistol Club member

"A gun is like a parachute. If you need one and don't have it, you'll probably never need one again!"

Last Edited:
Wow, I love USPS! Print label at home or kiosk in the 24 hr lobby and drop it in the box. Pretty much everything in populated Oregon is next day for the cheapest rate and day after for the good parts of Oregon.

All the employees we have are pleasant and helpful.

I have shipped hundreds of parcels without an issue.

If you hate it, vote with your wallet and use brown or Fed-ex.

I have shipped hundreds of parcels without an issue.

You are lucky. I shipped 328 pieces last year and they managed to completely destroy 3 of them. I was out about $ 170, of course filing a claim on their "insurance" is like pissing in the wind. I suppose 3 out of 328 is not bad, but $ 170 still irritates me.

I have already been to war with my local post office more than once and will not use them unless I have absolutely no other option. Blithering idiots, thieves and degenerates work there.

We moved about 2-1/2 years ago but ended up with same mail carrier. We have (well wife has) made her pies, cakes and other goodies during the year. Heck just recently wife was going to head to the mailboxes and she stepped outside and the mail lady was driving by, wife held out envelopes and she grabbed them while driving by (did stop for the exchange).

While I haven't had personal bad experiences with the mail carriers I can attest that the local PO is terrible.

I thin Lurch works at the one in Corvallis. Seriously.

While back I went to get stamps, some holiday ones wife said she NEEDED. 15 minutes in line with 8 people ahead if me was enough. I turned tail and walked out only to find in the corner an automated kiosk where I could buy them with no human interaction.

Also pisses me off that the parking around the post office is 30 minute slots. Who the hell are they kidding?

Hmm. Just yesterday another piece of mail in my box that belongs to someone else. Sorry, free would not be a good price for mis-delivered mail. And how do I vote with my wallet to get the mail in the correct boxes?

I love to use the USPS flat rate boxes whenever I go on fishing trips to Alaska. I mail all kinds of stuff to myself.

I especially like the 70lb weight limit, which would seem impossible to reach considering the size of the boxes, unless of course you are mailing yourself 70lbs lead fishing weights. :D

E

Last Edited:
I love to use the USPS flat rate boxes whenever I go on fishing trips to Alaska. I mail all kinds of stuff to myself.

I especially like the 70lb weight limit, which would seem impossible to reach considering the size of the boxes, unless of course you are mailing yourself 70lbs lead fishing weights. :D

E

That's what was so funny.....4000 115gr 9mm bullets from Montana Gold, musta been 60+ Lbs! I felt kind of bad because the young gal was not that big, and she was one of the good ones.

< Why they don't have school shootings in Israel.
Notice the long gun slung over the teachers shoulder?

I just got a package delivered today from Amazon, was supposed to have 13 LED bulbs, there were 2. Package was crushed and one end partly open. Over $60 worth of LED's lost somewhere.

Deen
NRA Life Member, Benefactor Level
"Defender of Freedom" award
NRA Golden Eagle member
WAC member
Vancouver Rifle and Pistol Club member

"Having a gun is like a parachute, if you need one and don't have it you may never need it again"

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top