JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Anyone heard of this book??? I just got it from Brownells, and it looks pretty good.

207 pages. 6" x 9". Softbound. Filled with incredibly crisp, clear, cutaway drawings, exploded views, how-to pictographs, and photos; complimented by very readable, detailed text, dimensioned close ups of all the components and valuable tricks of the trade. If you want to understand the 1911, how it functions, what causes it to malfunction and how to fix it, you must have this book. Includes what are probably the best set of instructions for fitting a custom barrel available to date. Jerry Kuhnhausen illustrates how to fit parts to the proper dimensions and install them correctly - a must whether you're building duty guns, casual plinkers, or match winners. Even the index is well laid out and useful. An excellent reference work and practical how-to manual.

No, I didnt. Other than he wrote one that was Part One of the book I have. The one I just got is the second one, I'll end up getting that soon as well. Did he write something other than these two 1911 books?

One on the various US-issue .30-cal gas-operated (Garand/M14/Carbine) rifles, a couple on revolvers.

Have both 1911 volumes, keep 'em in the range-bag with Old Slabsides. Well worth the money.

His books are pretty much all you'll need for the tech side of things. There's a few other articles here and there that are useful, and I can get you some copies next time we meet.

For reference you won't beat anything written by Charles Clawson. They are out of print and expensive, but well worth every penny.

Thanks for the info guys, glad I made a good purchase. I was flipping through it today, and am very impressed with the highly detailed very easy to comprehend diagrams and pictures. Cant wait to get the first one and read them.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top