JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
What they really wish they could put into the vehicles. A squad of these....

los-ninos-10-cosas-peores-que-hizo-el-homelander-1.jpg

Used to use a CNC laser that was 6mev that could cut up to 1/4" steel. What good would a 300kw laser do on the battlefield? Laser target designator? Something to range and target better?

i hear next they are mounting them on sharks to patrol the coastline, also working on a liquid hot magma cannon...
but they will stop for one million dollars! muahahaha

Sounds pretty low. Maybe 6MW? Anyway, it was a C02 laser cutting aluminum and steel. The linear accelerator from another company must have been in the mev range.
I am given to understand that cutting lasers as in the 5-20 KW range.

A megawatt laser would be huge and would require a power station outside the facility.

The U.S. Navy currently deploys a pair of 300KW lasers in it's newest Destroyers, and has the contracts for a newer 660KW laser system to be installed later this year!

I don't remember what kind of output, but back in the early 2000s the Air Force was experimenting with airborne laser systems that could shoot down all kinds of threats, including Ballistic re-entry vehicles, bombers, and fighters! It worked as advertised, but I never saw any enter service!

I don't remember what kind of output, but back in the early 2000s the Air Force was experimenting with airborne laser systems that could shoot down all kinds of threats, including Ballistic re-entry vehicles, bombers, and fighters! It worked as advertised, but I never saw any enter service!
As I recall, the downside was that those lasers required a dedicated aircraft of considerable size, were slow to recharge, and that anti-missile missiles were deemed more practical?

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top