JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
the whole issue of replaceable grip panels is so the ladies don't get all butt hurt
another reason women in the military cost billions in badly needed funding:mad:

Lots of short guys with small hands in service now too. Physical standards get lower or tossed. Wait till the midgets raise a stink that they want to be soldiers.

I have medium sized hands and made due w/my 1911A1 (oops I just dated myself!:()

Ya but hi cap double stack is where the pistols have gone... a beretta grip is about the same circumference as a glock 21. If yer gonna fat a fat grip might as well cram lots of rounds in it.

I wear a medium glove, and i can use a g21, a beretta or just about anything short of a desert eagle .50 comfortably. But some guns are far better to hold on to than others.

Okay get Kel-Tec PMR-30's and if your hands are too big wrap some duct tape around the handle. two spare 30 round magazines, And made in the USA

I still say the fn in .45 would be an obvious choice. High capacity and big damn bullets, after all, a handgun in this situation is a secondary, last ditch weapon. Personally I would rather have a really loud weapon than a little zip gun. Better to make a psychological impression on the bg's.

After having been in the US Navy and qualified on all the small arms available (M9, Mossberg Shotgun 14 inch barrel, and M16A4), I can say that I would honestly prefer a 45 ACP handgun, if limited to FMJ ammunition, but in a modern form with medium frame size and moderate capacity. If I need 15 rounds to take down a "tango", I'm doing it wrong...but I do like sectional density and the big darn hole pointing at the bad guy...

" ARMY GENERAL: Screw This Procurement Nightmare. Give Me Glocks.

U.S Army General Mark Milley is sick and tired of the military's Byzantine and politically-compromised procurement system, and is looking for a COTS (commercial off the shelf) solution to replace the Beretta M9 pistol instead of waiting for years for the Modular Handgun System trials to complete. "

"...[For the] ...$17 million the military plans to spend on "testing," they could have already purchased 34,000 G17s or G19s complete with two magazines each."

Via Stephen Green
http://pjmedia.com/instapundit/229742/

The Firearms Blog had another article, instead of linking to it..... it says the contract will go from the twelve submissions to three this August. It also refer to Glock 19's (I am not a 19 fan, 17 OK, 19 too small) Not a lot to the article

That is why the Army has to go thru the process, no one can agree. The bickering and lawsuits won't stop for a few years after all is supposedly settled.

They should just do what the U.S.M.C./ U.S. A.F. did a few years back, Make the requirements super stiff, and see who is still standing then! Not that I agree a M1911 single stack (delta elite) was the best choice, But it got the nod because no other could stand the torture tests and the ridged requirements the Corps put forth! S/W was the only contestant that came close. We were partially involved with the process as we were in need of a replacement for the M-9 as well, at the end of the day, we got the M1911 same as the Corps! I liked the M-9, hell, I even like the Glock, and the SIG, but they all failed the tests! I don't know what the U.S. Army has for it's requirements, but I would bet it's not any where near the Corps.

The Marines do not care about straphangers' needs that much, where the Army has to. Women count in the Army as do a bunch of others. Women fight, PFC Lynch as an example, but plenty more have fought or been ready to. The Army probably has the highest percentage of women in it's ranks.

All I know is that the 1911A1 saved my bubblegum a couple of times in the jungle. When it comes down to it, you want something that you can count on to work...........now. If you want to see a real fighter, call a Woman Marine a BAM.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top