JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
re Carbine = failed in Korea. Post 39

Jeff Cooper, Col - was arguing in favor of exploding things once Korea came about. Like Bazooka's - RPGs. The carbine is essentially a pistol caliber carbine and the mass waves of Chinese wearing heavy cloth coats, due to extreme cold, were not being killed by it.

The M-14 was also a result, disastrous, but a result.
See the Falkland Island Wars, One of the few times a battle rifle faced itself.
FN FAL. The Argentinians had full auto, the Brit's semi- -- by shot #3 the Argentinians were shooting air planes and Brits were not. This is the same problem of the M-14 - You have to limit its use to semi-auto before you are good to go.

In Viet Nam, they really loved the M1 Carbine and had a huge number of them given to them by the USA.

Perhaps the real solution is to modify the treaties and to use expanding bullets.

But - within the next couple of years the robots - or remotely piloted soldiers - will be doing the fighting - they may not look like Robo Cop or C3P0 - perhaps more like what the FBI had in the 90s - at places like Ruby Ridge - but look at the advantages. No body bags. Ability to hit what you shoot at. Armor. No My Lai.

Gladiator-1.jpg

Aurora-FBI-robot-2.jpg

search_Snake_Robot.png

robot-tank.jpg

58192db967a06c11608bbd7039e275d4c3ee6dabdff8410102823fa05c8ccfc3.jpg

If robot soldiers will be doing the fighting, what's the point of war? Smash each other's robots and cause slow economic damage as each of these multi-million dollar machines get blown to bits? Will they be remotely controlled by Mountain Dew & Cheetos fueled teenage gamers sitting in air conditioned armored warehouses? Or will we be going down a darker path where, having no uniformed soldiers to kill on the battlefield, the robots will just be targeting civilian targets?

Realistically, once you take the brakes off (the brakes being the eventuality that someone somewhere in the chain of command will have to explain to a couple of bereaved parents, or a spouse caring for young children that daddy/mommy/son/daughter gave their life in the service of their country), war will be conducted with a reckless abandon I shiver at the thought of. WW1 was prosecuted in much the same fashion, where tens of thousands of men were shoveled before the muzzles of enemy machine-guns, and the reason the commanders used to rationalize why the assault was unsuccessful was that they didn't pour more people into the meat grinder...

In the future of robotic warfare, there is a profound danger that WW1 thinking will again become the norm, where high level "strategists" (I use the term exceedingly loosely) would think the wave attack the most efficient means of prosecuting warfare yet conceived. At the same time, there will be no adversary who does will not seek a means of countering. In general the two biggest dangers of robotic warfare are:

1) The remote control for the robot will be overriden, and those weapons will be used on us
2) To prevent control override, robots are given the ability to decide for themselves who and what to shoot at, this will inevitably lead to skynet becoming self aware and killing all of us.

The one reason I have implicit trust in the weapons I own: when I lean my rifle up against a chair, it stays there until I or someone else picks it up. If I don't allow someone else to pick it up, it will remain there to serve me when I need it. I wish I could command that kind of loyalty from my cat.

Speaking of robots, we need to just clone/engineer Einsteinian killer apes with a smidge of crocodile and rat.. there already are "designer babies" with manipulated genes with multiple "parents"..

dawn-of-the-planet-of-the-apes-5.png

I had a M9 in Desert Storm and it was the "High Capacity" of the gun which was what most people liked. We got almost no training with it, just familiarization. I could not consistently fire it well, so I'm not a fan.

A single stack 1911 style pistol would be a mistake. Relative to a modern double stack gun, they are too hard to field strip, they have a redundant safety feature (grip safety) and don't have enough rounds. Given that the Hague Convention preclude hollow points, 45 ACP makes sense. But it should be a double stack and polymer frame. If you have to carry things through the boonies, weight maters. It can be striker fired or DA/SA. Hopefully the Army is smart enough not to have a gun with a decoker/safety combination. One or the other please.

With this administration, that seems a bit too violent. Probably something more like "I Surrender" or "I'm sorry, it's all our fault, we'll just leave now"

Not much news coming in around the house lately, hmmm?

The current admin has killed more people with drones, including American citizens, without warrants, than any other. This president has gotten away with things that the former WH occupants would only dream about. And they had pretty good imaginations.

Maybe it's blindness caused by ideology or extremely biased sources that's produced this woefully myopic point of view. It sure does not match the facts that I have seen.

As far as "surrender", the withdrawal from Iraq was negotiated by the previous BUSH administration. What was Obama thinking, anyway, when Bush agreed to leave Iraq? And the BSA in Af-banannastan is not negotiable, they want us T.F. out of there, and so out of there we are going.

One can just occupy a country for so many decades for no point whatsoever, like, as in, the objective was a moot point in 2001 after Bin Laden departed in December 2001, before the occupants of that country eventually get sick to death of the occupation, just as if Canada had occupied Oregon and Washington. Eventually we would say, time to GFO. Like, as in, the first week.

I seriously suggest reading Chalmers Johnson's The Sorrows Of Empire for some remedial perspective.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top