JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
To save you some time, at 7.20

The AR is profitable enough that manufactures are able to grow or even just stay in business by producing them, so taking the AR out of production would bankrupt many / most firearms manufactures regardless if the AR is their primary product.

Not a bad theory

To save you some time, at 7.20

The AR is profitable enough that manufactures are able to grow or even just stay in business by producing them, so taking the AR out of production would bankrupt many / most firearms manufactures regardless if the AR is their primary product.

Not a bad theory
Thank you for that. I wish we had a rule here that if you post a video you have to include at least some context of the subject your after.

Along with that theory I also think the AR is the lower hanging fruit so to speak, even many "fudd" liberals own handguns depsite the fact handguns are used way more than rifles in violent crime. IMO they target the rifles for this reason than any other.

A lot of the videos I just won't watch so I too wish the op would fill in with some content. Too many youtube personalities or influencers waste time begging for likes and subscribes before the video even plays. If it's a good video wait until folks watch it before you beg. Same with who is the sponsor, it's an advertisement and I won't waste time watching adds.

It's an interesting subject about AR 15s but I would rather read the opinions of people here than on YouTube.

A lot of the videos I just won't watch so I too wish the op would fill in with some content. Too many youtube personalities or influencers waste time begging for likes and subscribes before the video even plays. If it's a good video wait until folks watch it before you beg. Same with who is the sponsor, it's an advertisement and I won't waste time watching adds.

It's an interesting subject about AR 15s but I would rather read the opinions of people here than on YouTube.
Oh No Eye Roll GIF by Aardman Animations

Easy answer :

Many look very similar to military issue rifles / carbines...
Not that I think that there is anything wrong with that...however , others may...

Sales copy / advertising can be a double edge sword...the images and verbage used helps sell the firearm.
However...it can also be seen as extreme and or scary to many who are neutral to guns or anti gun.

Many people simply believe all the BS pushed by anti gunners about the AR15 , so its easy to add more or present it as some sort of evil killing machine.

Tied to the above...most people are too damn lazy to look information up...
And if they do...they just keep what verifies their existing viewpoint and or keep what they want to read or hear.
As well as tossing out anything that challenges that notion.

In any event...
Please don't mistake my post as coming from someone who thinks that one should not own a AR15 type rifle / carbine...
I really don't care what types of firearms one owns.
I have always felt that one should be able to own whatever firearms one wants...or not as the case may be...
Just don't make that decision for others.
Andy

Easy answer :

Many look very similar to military issue rifles / carbines...
Not that I think that there is anything wrong with that...however , others may...

Sales copy / advertising can be a double edge sword...the images and verbage used helps sell the firearm.
However...it can also be seen as extreme and or scary to many who are neutral to guns or anti gun.

Many people simply believe all the BS pushed by anti gunners about the AR15 , so its easy to add more or present it as some sort of evil killing machine.

Tied to the above...most people are too damn lazy to look information up...
And if they do...they just keep what verifies their existing viewpoint and or keep what they want to read or hear.
As well as tossing out anything that challenges that notion.

In any event...
Please don't mistake my post as coming from someone who thinks that one should not own a AR15 type rifle / carbine...
I really don't care what types of firearms one owns.
I have always felt that one should be able to own whatever firearms one wants...or not as the case may be...
Just don't make that decision for others.
Andy
What Andy said...

Another way of thinking about it is, which weapons would you not want to have to face if you got into a shooting match with someone else?

Those with evil agendas would prefer their intended victims to be inadequately armed, or disarmed entirely.

As normal did not take time to watch the video but, people have to remember most law makers do not know a gun from a hammer. Hand most of them an AR and they would have no clue how to load it. Right now its a "generic" term for deadly gun. If they do managed to make a laws against that one design anyone with a brain knows it will not take long for them to just move on to another.
Not too long ago there was a picture of some "top cop" in LA holding up a Kel-Tec S2K. Saying how horrible it is we have a "folding assault rifle". Only fools think the AR is really what they are after. Give them the AR and they will promptly move on to another gun "no one needs".

if it was theyd go for all the handguns.
They did go HEAVY after hand guns many decades back. It got to the point a lot of people really thought they were going to see the day almost all handguns would be made a no go. The same party who has always been behind this push is also the best friend freedom lovers could have. While they were trying to do away with most handgun they managed to greatly increase crime. So more and more people started buying handguns for home and later for carry. After a while the people who were pushing it all but gave up. So now they have re grouped and are going for a different gun.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top