JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I will share my little known and most important tool in my garage/gun cleaning kit.
Black mamba gloves. 6.0 mils thick and totally cheimical resistant. I have been using them for years for everything from major car repairs to wood re-finishing, gun cleaning, home repairs and solvent cleaning, even M.E.K. wont melt these things. They have 130 per box and will last for multiple uses. They are very hard to tear so great for gun cleaning. Guys if you are not using gloves when cleaning guns or changing oil in your car you should for your health. The pours on your hands will absorb quickly and efficiently in to your blood stream. Nothing better than pulling off the gunk and having clean hands(your wife will love you for it).

Get them at blackmamba.com
FYI I don't work for them just think they are kicka$$

Its rare that a product excceds expectation

Good advice, *any* petro-chemical is really bad for you, brake cleaner etc.

Always a good argument for the safer gun cleaners, but you gotta protect yourself whenever you can. Thanks, Fast Ed.

Are the large size gloves a standard large, or, do you feel that you need to buy an extra large to fit.
I know all hands are different, just want a heads up before I order some.

Their internet site is "Blackmamabagloves.com"

" Guys if you are not using gloves when cleaning guns or changing oil in your car you should for your health. The pours on your hands will absorb quickly and efficiently in to your blood stream.'

Take his advice. from errant habits and ignorance I wore no gloves from the 50's thru 70's while handling many solvents and chemicals' now my hands no longer make oil. Washing them is a pain since even the tiniest bit of soap will strip externally applied substitutes and cause them to crack, itch and sometimes bleed. very difficult to clean hands with just water and a scrub brush. A lot of things you do while young seemly has no impact adding to the allusion of your immortality.
It will come back to haunt you when you age some.

Are the large size gloves a standard large, or, do you feel that you need to buy an extra large to fit.
I know all hands are different, just want a heads up before I order some.

Their internet site is "Blackmamabagloves.com"
Oops got the address wrong. I buy the XL because I have large hands and they fit nice. These gloves have a texture that really grip well too.

The very first customer review on Amazon says:

UPDATE: As of April 2014, Raven has "reformulated" these gloves. They are now much less durable, tear and feel like 3mil gloves. If you receive an order of the original style, my review holds; otherwise and until they return to their previous quality, I do NOT recommend these gloves.

So you make want to buy them where it's easy to return them just in case.

The very first customer review on Amazon says:

UPDATE: As of April 2014, Raven has "reformulated" these gloves. They are now much less durable, tear and feel like 3mil gloves. If you receive an order of the original style, my review holds; otherwise and until they return to their previous quality, I do NOT recommend these gloves.

So you make want to buy them where it's easy to return them just in case.

Are we talking about the same gloves??:confused: The gloves I have used for 7 years now are made by Blackmamba and have remained the same since I started using them. Nothing is indestructable. The point of this thread is wear somthing and protect your health.
First review I found on Amazon:

This review is from: Size X-Large Black Mamba Nitrile Gloves (Kitchen)
I work as a diesel mechanic and these gloves do a great job of protecting my hands. They're really strong, fit well, and I can still grip small parts. Highly recommended.

Last Edited:
" Guys if you are not using gloves when cleaning guns or changing oil in your car you should for your health. The pours on your hands will absorb quickly and efficiently in to your blood stream.'

Take his advice. from errant habits and ignorance I wore no gloves from the 50's thru 70's while handling many solvents and chemicals' now my hands no longer make oil. Washing them is a pain since even the tiniest bit of soap will strip externally applied substitutes and cause them to crack, itch and sometimes bleed. very difficult to clean hands with just water and a scrub brush. A lot of things you do while young seemly has no impact adding to the allusion of your immortality.
It will come back to haunt you when you age some.
Just like your hearing. Protect it vigilantly while you are young so you'll have it when you are older. I speak from personal experience. Now that it is too late for me to actually experience silence, I wear ear plugs all most all day long at work so I can protect what I have left.

I use the ansell tnt blue nitrile gloves for work doing maintenance. I really wish i would have been smarter using these all the time at work with grease, oil, degreaser, chlorine, acid, etc, etc.
Same with my back being wrecked. Used to always move equipment 800-1200lbs by myself.
Now I live in pain pretty much daily.
And I'm only 32!

Well, looked at their site no less than 3 days ago, filled out the little deal about getting a sample.

Today I received a package from them. Good product, checked them out right away, unfortunately Harbor Fright already is selling the Extreme Duty version of these in a 9 mil.

Black Mamba product looks good, but they are 6 mil, although I do have a use for the thinner glove. So it has its own purpose.

My gloves arrived in 2 days from e-bay seller(Zoro) they're called TNT Blue and .5 mills I got them in x-large and the are tough strong they were $8 for 50 pairs +shp.
Remember to trim your nails, I've torn through so many gloves before I realized what was happening.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top