Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

The ultimate nitrile gloves

Discussion in 'Maintenance & Gunsmithing' started by FAST ED, May 18, 2014.

1. FAST ED

FAST ED Milwaukie OR. Member

I will share my little known and most important tool in my garage/gun cleaning kit.
    Black mamba gloves. 6.0 mils thick and totally cheimical resistant. I have been using them for years for everything from major car repairs to wood re-finishing, gun cleaning, home repairs and solvent cleaning, even M.E.K. wont melt these things. They have 130 per box and will last for multiple uses. They are very hard to tear so great for gun cleaning. Guys if you are not using gloves when cleaning guns or changing oil in your car you should for your health. The pours on your hands will absorb quickly and efficiently in to your blood stream. Nothing better than pulling off the gunk and having clean hands(your wife will love you for it).

Get them at blackmamba.com
    FYI I don't work for them just think they are kicka$$

Its rare that a product excceds expectation

Sgt Nambu, Riot and F2CMaDMaXX like this.
  2. F2CMaDMaXX

F2CMaDMaXX West of Portland from England Bullet goes where now? Staff Member Bronze Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

Good advice, *any* petro-chemical is really bad for you, brake cleaner etc.

Always a good argument for the safer gun cleaners, but you gotta protect yourself whenever you can. Thanks, Fast Ed.

3. jbett98

jbett98 NW Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Are the large size gloves a standard large, or, do you feel that you need to buy an extra large to fit.
    I know all hands are different, just want a heads up before I order some.

Their internet site is "Blackmamabagloves.com"

4. JB25

JB25 SW Washington Member

Raven also makes six mil gloves that work well I use them for work.

5. thorborg

thorborg portland oregon Well-Known Member 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

" Guys if you are not using gloves when cleaning guns or changing oil in your car you should for your health. The pours on your hands will absorb quickly and efficiently in to your blood stream.'

Take his advice. from errant habits and ignorance I wore no gloves from the 50's thru 70's while handling many solvents and chemicals' now my hands no longer make oil. Washing them is a pain since even the tiniest bit of soap will strip externally applied substitutes and cause them to crack, itch and sometimes bleed. very difficult to clean hands with just water and a scrub brush. A lot of things you do while young seemly has no impact adding to the allusion of your immortality.
    It will come back to haunt you when you age some.

6. FAST ED

Oops got the address wrong. I buy the XL because I have large hands and they fit nice. These gloves have a texture that really grip well too.

7. FourTeeFive

FourTeeFive PNW Washington State Active Member

The blue nitrile ones seem to work ok.

daoism likes this.
  8. Doc In UPlace

Doc In UPlace Tacoma-ish Well-Known Member

Pores.

F2CMaDMaXX likes this.
  9. Flopsweat

Flopsweat Slightly right of center Well-Known Member

The very first customer review on Amazon says:

UPDATE: As of April 2014, Raven has "reformulated" these gloves. They are now much less durable, tear and feel like 3mil gloves. If you receive an order of the original style, my review holds; otherwise and until they return to their previous quality, I do NOT recommend these gloves.

So you make want to buy them where it's easy to return them just in case.

10. FAST ED

Are we talking about the same gloves??:confused: The gloves I have used for 7 years now are made by Blackmamba and have remained the same since I started using them. Nothing is indestructable. The point of this thread is wear somthing and protect your health.
    First review I found on Amazon:

This review is from: Size X-Large Black Mamba Nitrile Gloves (Kitchen)
    I work as a diesel mechanic and these gloves do a great job of protecting my hands. They're really strong, fit well, and I can still grip small parts. Highly recommended.

Last edited: May 20, 2014
  11. rawen2

rawen2 Portland Area Active Member

Ed,
    Do you buy them online or is there a local retailer?
    Thanks.

12. taylor

taylor Willamette Valley Well-Known Member

I checked out the Blackmambas but at over $20 for 50 pairs its a bit too much for me. I buy 5.0 mils gloves on ebay for $8 for 50 pairs and they work fine for anything I've had to do so far.

13. FAST ED

I buy them at an H.V.A.C. supplier under my buddys account and they don't sell to the public. I believe you can buy direct at blackmambagloves.com

14. Cheesemaker

Cheesemaker Tillamook Active Member

Most auto parts stores sells similar type gloves.

15. PDXSparky

PDXSparky Keizer / Hillsboro Well-Known Member

Just like your hearing. Protect it vigilantly while you are young so you'll have it when you are older. I speak from personal experience. Now that it is too late for me to actually experience silence, I wear ear plugs all most all day long at work so I can protect what I have left.

16. Medic!

Medic! What just happened? Has eagle eyes. But cant remember what he saw. Bronze Supporter

I don't need condoms. My guns and I are married!

But that would explain the cancer?

17. hoody

hoody Tigard/Beaverton area Active Member

18. clearconscience

clearconscience Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

I use the ansell tnt blue nitrile gloves for work doing maintenance. I really wish i would have been smarter using these all the time at work with grease, oil, degreaser, chlorine, acid, etc, etc.
    Same with my back being wrecked. Used to always move equipment 800-1200lbs by myself.
    Now I live in pain pretty much daily.
    And I'm only 32!

19. 44mag2ndamend

44mag2ndamend Round the ole tree stump, Down by the crick Well-Known Member

Well, looked at their site no less than 3 days ago, filled out the little deal about getting a sample.

Today I received a package from them. Good product, checked them out right away, unfortunately Harbor Fright already is selling the Extreme Duty version of these in a 9 mil.

Black Mamba product looks good, but they are 6 mil, although I do have a use for the thinner glove. So it has its own purpose.

20. taylor

taylor Willamette Valley Well-Known Member

My gloves arrived in 2 days from e-bay seller(Zoro) they're called TNT Blue and .5 mills I got them in x-large and the are tough strong they were $8 for 50 pairs +shp.
    Remember to trim your nails, I've torn through so many gloves before I realized what was happening.