JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
BBC NEWS | Health | Doctors' kitchen knives ban call

"A&E [Accident & Emergency] doctors are calling for a ban on long pointed kitchen knives to reduce deaths from stabbing.

A team from West Middlesex University Hospital said violent crime is on the increase - and kitchen knives are used in as many as half of all stabbings."

Once again, gun bans do not necessarily result in less violence. Criminals and crazies will find a way. When kitchen knives are banned, serrated grapefruit spoons will be used.

Being stationed in the UK from late 2008 to 2010. I will tell you this. It is a scary feeling, more frightening then going on a patrol at 0dark30 in the Iraq/Kuwait desert, to know that the only TRUE weapon you have to use now, is your wits. I could NOT wait until we where done with that duty station and back home to the U.S.. Gypsies and thug's carry screw driver's, box cutter's and even can get ahold of Gun's. Carrying my leatherman was ILLEGAL. it had a small blade in it. What I did do though was tape British pound sterlings (coins) inside a news paper end. Then rolled it up. I carried this around when I had my family touring in London. Remember, London has some of the word's most notorious "former" terrorists there. One of Bin Ladens son's. They have anti-American protest there at least once a month. Our home that was consider "off base housing" was only a 15min walk from the base gate. Thug's tried to break-in 3times. Once I was taking a s**t at 0300. I went and purchased a 4D cell Maglite and had that handy. If they had Gun's, they WOULDN'T have as many issues. Now, they want the U.S. To follow suit. Ha..

I was told by a British Bobby (police) that came out to our house on the 3rd occasion, "Sir, we know English like to think this is America, well, it's not. if they come in your home, the only thing you can do is ASK them to leave. If they don't and you use a kitchen knife or ANY object on the person, you WILL go to the station for lock-up." my response of "F you!" didn't go over well..and that is what my American neighbors said as well. SEMPER FI.

They are very serious about knives there. ANYTHING and I mean ANYTHING that you have your persons or in your vehicle, durning a stop or even suspected of, can be considered a weapon. There most chosen weapon of choice is the box cutter...and their not afraid of using it. I have read and been told by security forces that thug's like to carry around a shopping bag with kitchen knives. They go out, purchase them and keep the receipt just incase they are questioned. Having a screw driver in your door comport is considered a weapon. Now, Germany is different :)

As the Russian and Eastern European mafias are now littering London with cheap, imported firearms, there knife epidemic will soon turn into an illegal gun epidemic. This has been happening on other gun-free countries, like India, where a new trend of once, law-abiding citizens, are becoming one of the largest customer bases for illegal weapons, so they can even the score of the large number of criminals who have possession of illegal guns.

Guns are not made of dragon scales.. They are easy to manufacture, easy to smuggle and sell fast. There is an excess of firearms available in the world. There are plenty of people living in mud huts who have access to fully automatic AK47s. It's just a matter of time. Where there is demand, there will be the supply.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top