JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
They could potentially help shut Scalia's open door on limiting 2A the way the Libs have been.

I hope 1) it goes our way, and 2) I hope Clarence Thomas writes the opinion if favorable.

This is one of umpteen news articles that refer to the case as potentially 'broadening the 2nd'

I hate that. At best, we can only hope they restore it.

Well don't count your chickens before they hatch.

The USSC has ruled that there is NO RELIGIOUS EXEMPTION when it comes to Maine and the requirement to get the jab.

Aloha, Mark

Well don't count your chickens before they hatch.

The USSC has ruled that there is NO RELIGIOUS EXEMPTION when it comes to Maine and the requirement to get the jab.

Aloha, Mark
I do believe in most vaccinations, including the covid vaccine, but I don't think people should be forced to get it. However, people who choose not to should be taking extra precautions to not spread it until this pandemic is fully ended. The issue I see is that some people are unwilling to accept that their actions have potential to harm others. They don't protect from Covid so they get it and then pass it around and at someone those people down the line have permanent health issues from it or possibly for. A friend of mine that I've known since fifth grade has had two family members die from the vid. There is a line when you expressing your freedom takes someone else's freedom away. Like someone choosing to not washing their hands a few times a day and to not wearing a mask when you go into a store, but they spread covid and someone gets it from them and dies, that's not cool. Their actions causes someone to die. At that point it's not about freedom, it's about how much you value other people's well being and if your a good person or not. Sorry if that offends people who won't wear masks but I got ask, why are you so unwilling to mask up to help other people not get sick?

I will say though, it should be up to the employer as to who they will or won't hire.

One thing that has become obviously clear is that the federal government has way too much power. Luckily, so far, there have states that are willing to stand up to them. You gotta respect a state that is willing to give DC the middle finger, regardless of the subject. I just wish OR would do it more.

I was afraid that some people might see my post as straying off course.

BUT.....
My post was just meant to point out that......the label as a "Conservative or Liberal" Judge don't mean much.

"Life is like a box of chocolates.....you never know what you're gonna get."

Aloha, Mark

PS.....I can respect your $0.02 on the matter of the Covid Vaccine.

BUT.....I thought that the USSC would go with RELIGIOUS EXEMPTION. That's just me.

I do believe in most vaccinations, including the covid vaccine, but I don't think people should be forced to get it. However, people who choose not to should be taking extra precautions to not spread it until this pandemic is fully ended. The issue I see is that some people are unwilling to accept that their actions have potential to harm others. They don't protect from Covid so they get it and then pass it around and at someone those people down the line have permanent health issues from it or possibly for. A friend of mine that I've known since fifth grade has had two family members die from the vid. There is a line when you expressing your freedom takes someone else's freedom away. Like someone choosing to not washing their hands a few times a day and to not wearing a mask when you go into a store, but they spread covid and someone gets it from them and dies, that's not cool. Their actions causes someone to die. At that point it's not about freedom, it's about how much you value other people's well being and if your a good person or not. Sorry if that offends people who won't wear masks but I got ask, why are you so unwilling to mask up to help other people not get sick?

I will say though, it should be up to the employer as to who they will or won't hire.

One thing that has become obviously clear is that the federal government has way too much power. Luckily, so far, there have states that are willing to stand up to them. You gotta respect a state that is willing to give DC the middle finger, regardless of the subject. I just wish OR would do it more.
If covid wasn't used as an excuse to implement and exert authoritarianism over Americans and world populations and maybe if the shot wasn't railroaded through approval without long term trials and the producer immune from any responsibility from harm the shot may do, and maybe if it actually stopped people from getting sick from or transmitting covid, and maybe if adverse effects from getting the shot didn't have more likelihood to harm some people than covid itself, and maybe if government didn't lie to the people from the beginning about it, and maybe if states with the most draconian covid measures didn't have more problems with covid than states that respected individual liberty more and maybe if every day/week there wasn't an example of hypocrisy from liberals not following their own covid restrictions. Then maybe after all of that, people would be more inclined to get the covid shot.

No one can claim they support the notion of liberty as described in our founding documents while also supporting what amounts to tyranny, under the guise of "for our safety."

From the Article:

"Given the court's conservative supermajority, many expect the court to dramatically expand the right to carry firearms in public. "

Expand! FFS!

The 2A restricts the Gov't. That was the Plan, anyway.........................................................................

I agree with most of what you stated except the virus transmission part. In the CDC information on their website, in plain text, it states that vaxxed and unvaxxed can be asymptomatic carriers.

This means anyone can be a carrier. Which means vax passport is just about control. No media has talked about this.

The federal government has been expanding control to the point that it is now overreaching the states sovereignty.

Taken from the article.....

Individual rights vs. fellow citizens

The most permissive laws that allow unrestricted concealed carry are almost certainly not mandated by the Constitution.

"Shall issue" laws, which allow states to screen applicants for flaws but compel local governments to provide a concealed carry license to qualified citizens, are likely to be seen even by the conservative justices as legitimate regulations that do not create unconstitutional burdens.

However, the current court might be likely to see a "may issue" law like New York's, which allows the government to deny a license to nearly every applicant, as creating a burden that blocks the core of the right to self-protection where ordinary citizens are exposed to greater threats – outside the home.

The dissenters will likely focus on Scalia's invocation of the home as the height of the defensive right, allowing for restrictions outside one's "own lands," where individual rights are balanced against the interests of fellow citizens.

Mind you that, I'm not trying to steer anyone off course here. But.....Isn't the question also about......whether I should be forced/coerced to get the jab (by Govt edict).

Note : No one has to get the jab to collect from the various Govt Programs.

I see it as an attack on Working Americans. Right up BRANDON's alley.

It's my body. NOT the Government's (to do with, as they dictate). Yeah and I'd like to keep it that way.

BUT, But, but.....what about?

The Needs of the Many Outweigh The Needs of the Few

Or......
I see it as (in the case of CCW Permits)......
Does a need to feel safe (call it a perception, of a need to feel safe)......justify......the loss of a RIGHT (armed self-defense) for those who want to go armed?

Who is the majority? And, should a majority opinion (even IF expressed via the vote) outweigh a RIGHT?

Wanna change the US Constitution?

Aloha, Mark

Last Edited:
Of course it's subject to some spin (it's an Op-Ed)....

Aloha, Mark
Look at the sources of this bilge! CNN. Yahoo. Q: Why does any freedom-loving American even bother to read them? Turn this shiite off, folks! Bad for the blood pressure.

Only in progressive fantasy land does a defense of freedom become controversial.

The problem with "turning off" is that you awake in a ___explitive deleted__ .

So.....in the end.....you'll only have yourself to blame for the state of the country.

Aloha, Mark

Look at the sources of this bilge! CNN. Yahoo. Q: Why does any freedom-loving American even bother to read them? Turn this shiite off, folks! Bad for the blood pressure.

Only in progressive fantasy land does a defense of freedom become controversial.
Know the opposition. Know what they are thinking. Know what they might do.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top