JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
The wild turkeys are back at our place this year, with chicks...

DSC04721.JPG DSC04723.JPG DSC04724.JPG DSC04729.JPG

Cool! You know, I always thought that if I had a good chunk of property that had something like wild turkeys living there that I'd figure a way to snare one a time or two a year and EAT IT! Kind of like "My land, MY bird". Yeah.

Pop off the young ones, thats the key. 2 year old or less. Shootin one of those big ol 30 pounders is awful tempting but they are the proverbial "tough old birds". Get a young one with a tiny beard and they are tasty.

Literally the day after Thanksgiving 18 months ago seven wild turkeys started roaming our area (think rocky woods/hills and cleared fields with a house few couple acres or so. 1 by 1 they disappeared, going to work this week I saw a couple of turkey buzzards feasting on the carcass of the last one. The turkey, had hoped to discover why the chicken had crossed the road....alas, it merely was the turkey inside the turkey buzzard.:eek:

Brutus Out

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads