Welcome to Northwest Firearms
Join our community, sign up for free today!

Washington The train is gaining momentum, add Spokane County to not enforce I-1639

11Charlie

Reactions
I was rather shocked this morning to read that the Yakima County Sheriff will not enforce I-1639 and the county Prosecuting Attorney said he will not prosecute I-1639 cases. Both indicating it was unconstitutional at the state and federal levels.
From what I am reading more and more sheriffs are coming forward and saying the same thing.

Reactions
With the recent spate of proposed new gun rules, I think it would be a good idea to talk to your county sheriff to determine if they will or will not enforce them.

Please post up what you know.

I spoke with Mike Winters down here in Jackson Co Oregon when he was the sheriff, and all was good. Now Sickler is in Charge, and I haven't had a discussion with him.

PNWguy

Reactions
Hoping Whitman County sheriff Bret Myers steps up and condemns this lunacy. But, Whitman county is the home of WSU and votes liberal. Not holding my breath.

Reactions
Kittitas County Sheriff Gene Dana has joined the fight as well saying his deputies will not enforce. Very nice to hear as there as been an unfortunate influx of left leaning/liberal mouth breathers moving into the county from the west side for the past ten years. Much of that thanks to suncaidia and their ilk.

Last edited:

IOM

Reactions
Of course the PDN will not allow me to read what the Clallam County Sheriff said...

Does anyone have a current list of those Counties that are not enforcing this bill...???

OP
rdb241

rdb241

Reactions
A new tally according to Washington Open Carry.

1. Whatcom county
2. Okanogan county
3.Ferry county
4. Stevens county
6. Lincolin county
7. Spokane county
8. Kittitas county
9. Adams county
10. Grant county
11. Yakima county
12. Benton county
13. Franklin county
14. Klickitat county
15. Cowlitz county
16. Wahkiakum county
17. Pacific county
18. Grays Harbor county
19. Mason county

That is 51% of Washington counties that will not enforce I-1639.

11Charlie

Reactions
A new tally according to Washington Open Carry.

1. Whatcom county
2. Okanogan county
3.Ferry county
4. Stevens county
6. Lincolin county
7. Spokane county
8. Kittitas county
9. Adams county
10. Grant county
11. Yakima county
12. Benton county
13. Franklin county
14. Klickitat county
15. Cowlitz county
16. Wahkiakum county
17. Pacific county
18. Grays Harbor county
19. Mason county

That is 51% of Washington counties that will not enforce I-1639.
I live in the wrong county!!:(

LATEST REVIEWS

• Ed's Guns and Gear
    5.00 star(s)
    With multiple FFL/shops closing over the last few months, it’s nice to see Ed doing so well...
    • PNW Partisan
  • Ed's Guns and Gear
    5.00 star(s)
    Ed's a great guy with a good peronality and good customer service. I enjoy supporting his small...
    • jaytee0115
  • Revelation Arms
    1.00 star(s)
    I will preface this with the fact that this poor reference is only based on my experience...
    • trekkerpaul
  • Wildcat Mountain
    5.00 star(s)
    This is my family's and my selfs favorite spot to go for hand gun practice and just plinking...
    • Tccae708
  • Adaptive Firing Solutions
    5.00 star(s)
    What a great deal on transfers. Good guy and he makes it very easy. He had fast communication...
    • glorydays4ever