JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Sitting out front this evening enjoying an adult beverage after a long day of lawn care. There is an outdoor place to shoot not far from me. Its probably 2 miles as the crow flies. Out of the quiet comes a long series of volley fire from a full auto. Impressive and loud in my front yard. Don't know exactly what it was but who ever was with him fired up their AR15 afterwards and it sounded like a spitwad shooter. Haven't heard that full auto sound for,well, a long time ago back in the day. All is quiet on the western front now. I had fun just listening. Congrats to anyone who can go full auto. I pictured it sitting on an OD green tripod.

I know what you mean. I live in a river valley and someone a few miles downstream lets off some volleys once in awhile. Wish I knew who it was, wouldn't mind an invite one of these days :)

I was out at Salmonberry/Wheeler road rock pit shooting one day and a lowered Honda Civic with subwoofers pounding all the way up to the pit came by and stopped at the pit. He got out, Hispanic in his late 20s, waved to me and shouted asking if he could shoot alongside me at another berm. I shouted back saying sure, as long as we stay parallel and be safe. He then pulled an AK out of the back of his little Pimp my ride Civic. I sat there watching him put a mag in and proceed to line up the rifle at the berm. He laid into it on full auto for the whole mag. Looked back at me. I was pretty much stunned. He waved. Put the gun back in the trunk and then drove off.

I didn't stick around much more after that and I ended up driving to wheeler road then to shields road instead of going down Salmonberry the way he left and my original route.

Not too sure if he had himself a legal firearm or not. I'm still kind of surprised he pulled up with me there all willy nilly and let of a mags worth. He was likely just testing his new gangbanger stick.

Other than that, I've had the opportunity to pull the trigger on a handful of fun guns. My favorite being a string of ten rounds on a M2HB.

Anyone who is feeling nostalgic about Full Auto, can come down to Albany OR for the Saddle Butte Machine Gun Shoot in a couple of weeks! Look at the thread currently running on this site. :) It's great fun!:D:D:D

Sitting out front this evening enjoying an adult beverage after a long day of lawn care. There is an outdoor place to shoot not far from me. Its probably 2 miles as the crow flies. Out of the quiet comes a long series of volley fire from a full auto. Impressive and loud in my front yard. Don't know exactly what it was but who ever was with him fired up their AR15 afterwards and it sounded like a spitwad shooter. Haven't heard that full auto sound for,well, a long time ago back in the day. All is quiet on the western front now. I had fun just listening. Congrats to anyone who can go full auto. I pictured it sitting on an OD green tripod.

As these get more prevalent we are going to be hearing a lot of "auto" sounding fire:

I know what you mean. I live in a river valley and someone a few miles downstream lets off some volleys once in awhile. Wish I knew who it was, wouldn't mind an invite one of these days :)
I'm thinking the same thing too. Small area here so it shouldn't be overly difficult to learn about the owner. My other thought was how much those rounds must cost! LOL.

When I take my Thompson and Mac 11 out to my friends farm in Sandy, OR. and blast some targets to pieces, we always hear someone further up in the hills drag out their full auto rifle in response. Don't know who it is, but they just can't resist the urge to cut loose.

My other thought was how much those rounds must cost! LOL.

Yup, hard to control and expensive to shoot:p.

Only one I've ever handled personally was a 9mm Uzi with a 12" suppressor on the front. The only thing I really heard was the bolt cycling - tick-tick-tick etc and then it was out of ammo:(

Yup, hard to control and expensive to shoot:p.

Only one I've ever handled personally was a 9mm Uzi with a 12" suppressor on the front. The only thing I really heard was the bolt cycling - tick-tick-tick etc and then it was out of ammo:(

he hit the targets every time. The .22 is pretty easy to keep groups from lack of recoil, I bet the 308 is hard to keep accurate tho.

My favorite I've gotten to shoot was this little guy in 380.

image.jpeg

while full auto is awesome AND SOUNDS AWESOME i think i would prefer a 3rnd burst or keep it semi for accuracy/making every shot count... though, i have a budget build right now i just may have to(break the budget) put a bumpfire stock on "just because"

looks like that can was used to beat the bolt back open a couple of times.
Foam pad over it, probably just where it was sitting at the moment is why it looks dented. It's foam over it so you can hold it while firing, not much else to hold onto otherwise. This things cyclic rate is insane. If the owner had better mags that would allow it to feed all 35 rounds at once without jamming, it would burn through them in a second or so I imagine.

Foam pad over it, probably just where it was sitting at the moment is why it looks dented. It's foam over it so you can hold it while firing, not much else to hold onto otherwise. This things cyclic rate is insane. If the owner had better mags that would allow it to feed all 35 rounds at once without jamming, it would burn through them in a second or so I imagine.

Yeah, @ a 1,200+rpm cyclic rate they didn't nickname Ingram's, "room brooms" for nothing. ;)

An AR and an AK had a debate one day.

The AR said, "I am more accurate and my reach is further so I am the better gun".

The AK responded, "Well, my bullets are bigger and hit harder, plus I am easier to clean and fix".

A Mac 10 walks up and says, "Oh, yea? Well I can....." Then ran out of ammo:p

Anyone who is feeling nostalgic about Full Auto, can come down to Albany OR for the Saddle Butte Machine Gun Shoot in a couple of weeks! Look at the thread currently running on this site. :) It's great fun!:D:D:D
Nostalgic for full auto? Sorry, boys, too many bad memories for this old guy. I would be looking for a bunker and an A 1 flying close cover!

Where is it okay to shoot full auto? Would doing so at a designated BLM target shooting area inevitably result in a visit from officer friendly? Paperwork in order but don't want to step on any toes. Or get mine stepped on.

Where is it okay to shoot full auto? Would doing so at a designated BLM target shooting area inevitably result in a visit from officer friendly? Paperwork in order but don't want to step on any toes. Or get mine stepped on.
As far as I am aware, anywhere it is legal to shoot any firearm. Unless the private club or range is against it.

Unless a BATF agent pulls up and asks you for your paperwork, no other entity really has authority to do anything but harass you. If your paperwork is in order, nothing will come of it anyways.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top