JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
BREAKING: Explosive ‘Fast and Furious’ report quotes ATF whistleblowers

Wednesday morning’s second hearing on Operation Fast and Furious before the House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform could be devastating for Justice Department officials because of a report released Tuesday evening quoting four ATF whistleblowers who say that “preventing loss of life was not a primary concern” of their supervisors.

<broken link removed>

Wednesday morning's second hearing on Operation Fast and Furious before the House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform could be devastating for Justice Department officials because of a report released Tuesday evening quoting four ATF whistleblowers who say that "preventing loss of life was not a primary concern" of their supervisors.

<broken link removed>

REally??? Is this a war time event??? I think in WAR they even try to avoid the civilians, and only attack the combatants...

Speculation ramps up that ATF’s Melson is headed toward the door

CNN is now reporting, as did the Wall Street Journal and others last Friday that Kenneth Melson, acting director of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, will be resigning this week, possibly within the next 48 hours.

<broken link removed>

I find it amusing to watch them trash around at DOJ like this is just an ATF issue when it looks pretty clear that ATF and DOJ were joined at the hip in this fiasco. One would hope it takes down Holder too, but I'm not holding my breath.

Is it just me or is the committee hearing missing the point by focusing on the consequences rather than the malicious intent of this "sting"?

As tragic as the end result is, the original intent is far more dangerous and criminal, i.e. a government agency committing felonies to push a political agenda. I've been hearing the "90% of guns" canard repeated in the media for months; the timing of this "sting" and the dissemination of associated propanganda cannot be a coincidence. The only reasonable explanation is that this sting is a concerted attempt by government to affect public opinion to make a renewed AWB politically acceptable.

Yet more proof that government will murder anyone to secure its dominance.

Is it just me or is the committee hearing missing the point by focusing on the consequences rather than the malicious intent of this "sting"?

As tragic as the end result is, the original intent is far more dangerous and criminal, i.e. a government agency committing felonies to push a political agenda. I've been hearing the "90% of guns" canard repeated in the media for months; the timing of this "sting" and the dissemination of associated propanganda cannot be a coincidence. The only reasonable explanation is that this sting is a concerted attempt by government to affect public opinion to make a renewed AWB politically acceptable.

Yet more proof that government will murder anyone to secure its dominance.

Yep. Remember the ATF blaming gun shops for their actions just as the Gunrunner story broke?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Moving to crack down on gun smugglers, the federal agency that monitors weapons sales is asking the White House for emergency authority to require that dealers near the Mexican border report multiple purchases of high powered rifles."

<broken link removed>

Transcript of ATF Acting Director Melson &#8212; Webcast. Scroll to Gunfixx's post.

http://www.northwestfirearms.com/le...-want-reporting-high-powered-rifle-sales.html

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That was going to be the story pushed by ATF and the Obama administration.

Yes Melson will be the fall guy but he is just "Acting" Director of the ATF. Since when do temporary department heads make decisions on international programs like this, who approved it above him?

It's normal for first term cabinet members to make way for second term replacements. Look for the administration to push this back as long as possible so A.G. Holder can announce he wants to spend more time with his family.

While I can understand and appreciate the principle that it does little good to arrest the small time patsies but instead go after the heads of these smuggling rings, this is one of the worst ideas I have ever seen from a government organization. They just do not have the means to properly follow through with the premise behind this plan. Once the guns are bought and across the border they have no support from the Mexican government in following then "to the nest" so to speak and flushing out the true criminals. It was a bad idea doomed to failure from the beginning and I hope the people responsible fry.

BREAKING: Explosive &#8216;Fast and Furious' report quotes ATF whistleblowers

Wednesday morning's second hearing on Operation Fast and Furious before the House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform could be devastating for Justice Department officials because of a report released Tuesday evening quoting four ATF whistleblowers who say that "preventing loss of life was not a primary concern" of their supervisors.

<broken link removed>

"Operation Fast and Furious was an off-shoot of the larger Project Gunrunner, conducted by the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives. This controversial operation allowed an estimated 2,000-2,500 guns "walk" into Mexico as ATF field agents were repeatedly ordered to "stand down" by their supervisors."

Truth, Honor, doing the Right thing? Things of the past?

And..this totally unconstitutional organization will continue to violate Americans' rights..like nothing ever happened.. Any "punishment" will be smoke and mirrors..while they work on even more ways to crap on the Constitution... Who polices the police? Absolutely nobody...

&#8216;Melson should go' says Issa as pressure builds

Kenneth Melson, acting director of the embattled Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives should step down.

<broken link removed>

Whoopty Doo - The turd will probably just walk across the street to the "justice department" and be hired at a better salary. No resignations - we want to see prosecutions!! Perp walk the bastards.

Speculation ramps up that ATF's Melson is headed toward the door

CNN is now reporting, as did the Wall Street Journal and others last Friday that Kenneth Melson, acting director of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, will be resigning this week, possibly within the next 48 hours.

<broken link removed>

That'll be one more resignation than we saw after 9/11.

Keith

Nobody will be punished, this stooge was merely serving his masters across the street at the DOJ. He'll get a quiet promotion in a different bureaucracy as a reward for pushing a controversial political agenda. Meanwhile the media will forget about this entire scandal but continue to use the bogus statistics, especially when the next AWB attempt rolls by. And since nobody will actually be prosecuted for this, the media will blithely deny any connection between the bogus stats and the gun running operation via "plausible deniability", as if people are too stupid to connect the dots.

In the government world of zero accountability and failing upwards, what would be a completely insane plan becomes a viable one.

On a related note, read the OSS psych evaluation of Hitler's propaganda style: OSS Psychological Profile of Hitler, Part Three

I see parallels between Hitler and the feds' behavior with Fast & Furious (comments are mine)

- Never allow the public to cool off (media has been harping on gun shops for months)
- Never admit a fault or wrong (ATF head will resign without admitting wrongdoing)
- Never concede that there may be some good in your enemy (forget about any apologies to gun shop owners in the Southwest)
- Never leave room for alternatives (ditto about ending the drug war or unconstitutional drug wars or reducing government power)
- Never accept blame (hahaha, that is government modus operandi)
- Concentrate on one enemy at a time and blame him for everything that goes wrong (this also applies for every government manufactured disaster as well)
- People will believe a big lie sooner than a little one; and if you repeat it frequently enough people will sooner or later believe it (in 6 months, people wouldn't even believe the government is capable of giving weapons to the cartels, just you watch)

inb4 Godwin's law but the similarities are striking

Speculation ramps up that ATF's Melson is headed toward the door

<broken link removed>

He should go to jail

These guys will do one of two things. They will simply shift into another government position or walk away into prearranged, cushy, high paying, private sector jobs. Everytime someone in the government gets caught with their hand in the cookie jar they always seem to have a seven figure income waiting for them as they leave in "disgrace."

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top