JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I do my manly with a Col. Ichabod Conk made in Germany. Shave cream is Taylor of Old Bond Street Sandalwood. The ladies love it but, don't love me!:(:mad::s0140:

thumbnail_IMG_0404.jpg

Last Edited:
I hate shaving. And I don't understand people that like it. Because you have to love it to put up with the nonsense of a "safety" razor. Lather, shave up, lather again, shave down, lather again, shave across. Are you kidding me? Who has time for that?

I've thought about trying a straight razor but assume it's simlar to the safety razor experience. I too am also clumsy and would probably kill myself.

So I stick with my twin blade Atra. Best cartridge ever made. YMMV.

I don't do all the lather stuff. Just take a nice hot shower, get out and use a my Gillette Costco special. No cream, no after-shave. But, I have to do it every day and stay clean shaven or its like mowing a months growth of grass with the mower deck bottomed out.

@CountryGent have you thought about/tried a Safety Razor? I switched about 25 years ago and never looked back! As good a shave as a strait razor with out the head aches! Find your self the blades your face likes, give it about a month and you'll be a convert!

After Gillette did there toxic Manhood thing I dumped them and went to Harry's shave club. Works well but I've always thought about going with the safety razor style some day.

After Gillette did there toxic Manhood thing I dumped them and went to Harry's shave club. Works well but I've always thought about going with the safety razor style some day.

I tried Harry's. They suck.

What about the undercarriage?

Oh I keep that extra long. I like the "mushroom growing in moss" look.

Bi-Mart carries Both Wilkinson Sword brand and Big Ben Razor blades for a few bucks a pack, they work quite well and last a week or more worth, depending on how much leather you drag them over! I use Murkur blades, you can order a 10 pack of them for like $8.00 and that lasts me a year!

Safety Razor is a Micro Touch One, loaded with Dorco blades ($8.00/hundred) all floating on a creamy bed of foam from Taylor of Old Bond Street Sandalwood shave cream.

Went back to a safety razor five years ago because those fancy multi blade razors just got ridiculous in their prices. I use between 20-30 blades a year shaving 2-3 times a week. It literally costs me pennies per shave for an enjoyable, close shave...

:D

Back when I was an upper teenager, I thought straight razors were cool, kinda old timey. One time, I decided to put a nice, fine edge on it and put it to the strop. Which I nearly cutting in two. I decided I'd probably hurt myself with a straight razor, so it went away.

When I started shaving, I used those double edged safety razors. So-called for a reason. Then later, they came out with the single edged blades that came in a kind of magazine that loaded into the handle without touching the blade. Later still, I used cheap throw-away Bic-type razors. These days, I use a couple of different multiple cutting edge razors. The one I like best is Bic Flex5, as the name implies, has 5 cutting edges. Gives a pretty good shave, hard to cut yourself with it, and lasts a long time.

My dad sometimes referred to "razor" as "razzoo" which I thing is a corruption of the French, rasoir.

I've never enjoyed shaving, but don't like to be unshaven. So I do it every other day. I shave right after I get out of the shower when my beard is wet. I just use bar soap to lather up.

Bic Flex5, as the name implies, has 5 cutting edges. Gives a pretty good shave, hard to cut yourself with it, and lasts a long time.
That's what I used prior to CV19. I'd get ~5 shaves before it dulled. After ten shaves, I might as well use my pocket knife.
At ~$4 per replacement blade, I had enough. Oh, it gives a much closer shave, but since I have a beard, that's moot.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top