JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I do my manly with a Col. Ichabod Conk made in Germany. Shave cream is Taylor of Old Bond Street Sandalwood. The ladies love it but, don't love me!:(:mad::s0140:

thumbnail_IMG_0404.jpg

Last Edited:
I hate shaving. And I don't understand people that like it. Because you have to love it to put up with the nonsense of a "safety" razor. Lather, shave up, lather again, shave down, lather again, shave across. Are you kidding me? Who has time for that?

I've thought about trying a straight razor but assume it's simlar to the safety razor experience. I too am also clumsy and would probably kill myself.

So I stick with my twin blade Atra. Best cartridge ever made. YMMV.

I don't do all the lather stuff. Just take a nice hot shower, get out and use a my Gillette Costco special. No cream, no after-shave. But, I have to do it every day and stay clean shaven or its like mowing a months growth of grass with the mower deck bottomed out.

@CountryGent have you thought about/tried a Safety Razor? I switched about 25 years ago and never looked back! As good a shave as a strait razor with out the head aches! Find your self the blades your face likes, give it about a month and you'll be a convert!

After Gillette did there toxic Manhood thing I dumped them and went to Harry's shave club. Works well but I've always thought about going with the safety razor style some day.

After Gillette did there toxic Manhood thing I dumped them and went to Harry's shave club. Works well but I've always thought about going with the safety razor style some day.

I tried Harry's. They suck.

What about the undercarriage?

Oh I keep that extra long. I like the "mushroom growing in moss" look.

Bi-Mart carries Both Wilkinson Sword brand and Big Ben Razor blades for a few bucks a pack, they work quite well and last a week or more worth, depending on how much leather you drag them over! I use Murkur blades, you can order a 10 pack of them for like $8.00 and that lasts me a year!

Safety Razor is a Micro Touch One, loaded with Dorco blades ($8.00/hundred) all floating on a creamy bed of foam from Taylor of Old Bond Street Sandalwood shave cream.

Went back to a safety razor five years ago because those fancy multi blade razors just got ridiculous in their prices. I use between 20-30 blades a year shaving 2-3 times a week. It literally costs me pennies per shave for an enjoyable, close shave...

:D

Back when I was an upper teenager, I thought straight razors were cool, kinda old timey. One time, I decided to put a nice, fine edge on it and put it to the strop. Which I nearly cutting in two. I decided I'd probably hurt myself with a straight razor, so it went away.

When I started shaving, I used those double edged safety razors. So-called for a reason. Then later, they came out with the single edged blades that came in a kind of magazine that loaded into the handle without touching the blade. Later still, I used cheap throw-away Bic-type razors. These days, I use a couple of different multiple cutting edge razors. The one I like best is Bic Flex5, as the name implies, has 5 cutting edges. Gives a pretty good shave, hard to cut yourself with it, and lasts a long time.

My dad sometimes referred to "razor" as "razzoo" which I thing is a corruption of the French, rasoir.

I've never enjoyed shaving, but don't like to be unshaven. So I do it every other day. I shave right after I get out of the shower when my beard is wet. I just use bar soap to lather up.

Bic Flex5, as the name implies, has 5 cutting edges. Gives a pretty good shave, hard to cut yourself with it, and lasts a long time.
That's what I used prior to CV19. I'd get ~5 shaves before it dulled. After ten shaves, I might as well use my pocket knife.
At ~$4 per replacement blade, I had enough. Oh, it gives a much closer shave, but since I have a beard, that's moot.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top