JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm posting this thread in reguards to the post I've seen on this (and similar) forums claiming Boerner's is "over priced" and the people behind the counter are "ignorant"... Hmm...

First, I go price shopping at a lot of other stores in the area, overpriced? Really? That's a stretch.. And gunshow pricing vs. store pricing is just ridiculous.. Please give us look before you make a decision and come to your own conclusions.

Having been in the shop for some time now I have realized you can't help everybody. And yes, everyone (including me) has an opinion. However as "opinions" go.. Like rear ends, we all have one and they all stink. Mine included! That's makes this country what it is! We the people are all entitled to our own opinions, Some earned, and far to many just carbon copied.

I mention this because I want to hear some feed back. I go out of my way to make sure EVERONE gets the best possible service I can provide. Knowing I don't work alone, the other's in my shop may not share my passion for outstanding customer service and quality individual attention and understanding of safety, But one or two of us do! (Ie. The formally fat younger guy the the others seen to have an issue with.. Can't beat'm cheat' right? Lol my opinion :) and the older short guy with the flattop hair cut.. Just a solid down to earth gun guy)

So, what I'm provinding here is a sounding board. A suggestion box of sorts. A place where you can share your opinions and ideas to help US (not just me) help you better.

Please sound off here! Let me.. Let us know how and what adjustments can and should be made to make shopping here a better experience for everybody!
Don't be shy... I want to hear from you!

For what it is worth, I have been to Boerner's Firearms exactly once. I stopped by when driving through town, and asked a particular question about a rare-ish firearm that I own. Everybody in the shop had a look at it, everybody had an opinion, but in the end I received the advice that I needed. I appreciated that. In my mind Boerner's shop is one of those formerly common but now rare proprietor owned, local gun stores. No more, no less.

It is true that the local gun community here has very strong opinions about this shop. Why that is I don't know. But you won't hear me say anything negative about them.

I like the shop. You are too far from Sequim but if I am going around the bay I stop in.
Y'all have sold me guns at good prices.And you always have a great selection.Heck I had to take my FAL down there because it isn't a popular gun up here. The ole man sold it the first week (owner)
As far as ignorant,well like opinions go,everyone is ignorant to someone some time.
The one kid (younger than me at least) that has been there the longest is far from ignorant.And is great to work with. Just doesn't get my sense of humor,I guess. But quite a few folks don't
All in all I'd give you top ratings if you were north of Silverdale,lol
And no I am not related to anyone down there,but I do expect a big discount next time in;)

I always stop in when I am going through town and my experiences have always been positive. Most everything I have purchased has been at fair prices, employees seem friendly without the used car attitude and the variety always keeps me coming back to see whats new from surplus to new items.

I hit Borners frequently. I never know when I might see something I have to have. Besides I learn a lot about things if I sit down have coffee and keep my mouth shut. Borners is the only local shop that has chairs and coffee. Come and sit a spell, Not everyone is in a hurry.

I try hit Boerner's once a week or so. I've always had good service. Their Kimber prices are extremely competitive, as are their prices on most Colt's. Also, used gun prices there are frequently very good, and every now and then, there's a gem in the used gun counter or rack.

I don't mind paying a little mark-up to keep an independent American gun shop going ...

I just got two guns from this shop and everyone was really nice. I really liked the older guys that helped me. They were friendly, showed me their selection and were very knowledgeable. If we don't support our local stores then we'll be stuck buying from Walmart and Big 5. If you wanna help destroy America then shop at Walmart. They're cheap alright!

Any local shop has to know that you can have 1000 good customer experiences, and one bad one. That one bad will splash their view all over every canvas they can.
They will cry about injustices, and ignorance, how they got cheated and tricked.

Do what you can for the ones that matter. You will always have that 5% that will be completely unhappy no matter what you do for them. They don't matter. That's just business, and in todays social media world. You can't control the blasting of negativity.

Enjoy the good shops when you find them; for sure.

When some people complain about a shop, they actually send new people in. I heard that Curt's wasn't a boutique gun shop, so that compelled me to shop there.

Quite a feat; providing those necessities for us.

They pay rent, wages, utilities, taxes, fees, shipping, offer discounts, support 2a, and subsidize us by putting the item in the inventory until we make the purchase.....

shops do NOT get enough credit for what they do for us.

Any local shop has to know that you can have 1000 good customer experiences, and one bad one. That one bad will splash their view all over every canvas they can.
They will cry about injustices, and ignorance, how they got cheated and tricked.

Do what you can for the ones that matter. You will always have that 5% that will be completely unhappy no matter what you do for them. They don't matter. That's just business, and in todays social media world. You can't control the blasting of negativity.
Very nice! From the guy who says the gun shops will rip you off when you trade something in

Well technically you rip yourself off.
That's like taking your TV to a pawn shop hoping to get a good price.
Either way they are there to give you +\- 50% and make money. It is a rip off, but that's business and it's your choice.

If I get ripped off I blame myself not the shop who sold me! Lol

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads