JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My addiction started in a much different way and a very long time ago when flat tops did not exist, only A1 carry handles and rifles had shorter A1 stocks.

But we both have the same issue once you are hooked, "YOU ARE HOOKED!"

My pics are a sample of some take off stuff I have floating around and the fishing box is full of pins, springs, hammers, triggers along with my tools and gauges to build them.

I do not know how much stuff I have traded or given away because I mean how many factory safeties do I really need to save (for emergencies) or stock grips that I hate. I have a lot more stuff floating around just did not want to dig it out.

So welcome to the AR club and I hope you enjoy the addiction as much as I do.

Remember shooting them is just as much fun as building them and when you train you will find out the stuff you really need and want and eliminate the rest.

View attachment 361580
View attachment 361581

I'm jealous of your parts stash! I would actually make good use of a lot of that stuff... I need a rifle stock/buffer assembly for my SPR, the extra triggers could be used to practice doing trigger jobs(I'll be trying one as soon as my parts get here from joebob), and the extra grips to practice stippling... but I have a lot of spare time, and aspire to take gun smithing classes later this year. I can't work a 9-5 anymore since my accident, but I'd like to try my hand part time from home working on/customizing guns. If nothing else to keep my idle hands from becoming the devils tools as they say. By the way I clicked on your thread in "similar threads" box below... I vote that you are indeed saving the world... keep up the good work.

I'll admit I'm hooked but I do not have a problem. Those with problems are a mess, I on the other hand am in complete control of my addiction........ :p:p:p:p
Just like a professional bull rider is in complete control of the bull for that 8 seconds before he decides to get off

Last Edited:
My AR addiction had three phases.

1. Want
2. Buy
3. Shoot

:D

For me, it was drag my feet for about 5 years, as my buddies and work mates try to convince me that the AR is the wave of the future and every red blooded American needs one or they are not complete somehow... Kind of like not being born with a belly button or something.... Now it's everyone needs a ghost AR and we need to be machining out our own 80% lowers... I'll get there, but still being poked and prodded...:p

Yeah all the rails are great for spending more money on optics and doodads that end up costing more than the rifle:p. If you get addicted to AR modularity I'd suggest you stay away from reloading. I'm still convinced I'll save money at some point:eek:.
View attachment 361595

I'm trying to give up food so I'll have more money for AR's... ha ha (lost 48 pounds in the last 1 1/2 months).... :D

For me, it was drag my feet for about 5 years, as my buddies and work mates try to convince me that the AR is the wave of the future and every red blooded American needs one or they are not complete somehow... Kind of like not being born with a belly button or something.... Now it's everyone needs a ghost AR and we need to be machining out our own 80% lowers... I'll get there, but still being poked and prodded...:p

:s0109::s0109::s0109:
:s0084::s0084::s0084::s0084::s0084::s0084::s0084::s0084::s0084::s0084::s0081::s0081::s0081::s0081::s0081::s0081::s0081:
If that's not enough then
:s0057::s0057::s0057::s0057::s0057::s0057::s0057::s0057::s0057::s0124:

;););););)

AR Addict? Why that is just silly

IMG_6932.JPG

LOL, I have two of the same tackle boxes but mine are full of................. you guessed it, fishin tackle..... lol although I do have a large 4 drawer horizontal filing cabinet I use for storing personal freedom components, parts and accessories...........
I too am hooked but I ain't lookin for no stinking intervention....:eek::eek::eek::D
Lol fishing gear is the same way I can't tell you how many times I have walked around CABELAS picking up fishing gear little of this and that and got home and open the tackle box to see I already have three of this and that but now I have six lol

I wonder....:s0100: If there are as many of us as there seems to be...
What is the official, or "scientific" term? Obviously if it were AKs "Kalashnaholic" would be it... so you'd think we would be "Stoner's" but that term is already assigned to the pot heads. Something with Armalite maybe.. " Armalushes "... no too derogatory... Armaholic is to vague. Anybody?:s0092:

You realize your tactical straight-arm AR shooting style doesn't work so good when you pick up your neglected 870. doh!

not really.. I shoot old style. lol

I'm already very deep into reloading... I just finished the arduous task of prepping and priming about 800 rounds of once fired LC 5.56 millitary range brass. It's amazing, as dirty as it was, it shined up like new... I learned that putting a few used dryer sheets in the tumbler makes a huge difference. The dirt and grime are attracted to the sheets, and keep the media and brass nice and clean. I will be charging and seating over the next few days. I use a single stage and weigh each charge just in case my cheap Lee powder dumper is off even though it's usually within .05-.1 every time unless I'm using a stick powder like varget(gotta love OCD). My 18" will make clover leaves at 100yards with ballM193 so i found the recipe using H335 and will do most of 'em up with 55grain Fmjs... and some varmageddons for my home defense rounds. I also just tested a few different Sierra 69 grain hpbt/cfe223 loads and I think I found a winner. Reloading is an addiction all on its own, but I consider it a worthy investment. Like I said i'm my OP: bullets=currency... always has always will.

What did you use to deprime and decrimp?

a lyman case uniforming bit chucked up in a drill, and regular sizing die... I have an extra decap/size rod on hand in case I cant bend it back into shape when it enevidably bends... I've gone thru a few...

ha I've bent and broke two so far.

Do you just hold the end of the casing to the bit as the drill is turning? I'm pretty green with the reloading stuff.

I'm trying to give up food so I'll have more money for AR's... ha ha (lost 48 pounds in the last 1 1/2 months).... :D
I'm losing weight cranking on my turret press trying to keep up with the darn thing. Between the AR and the M1 carbine I picked up a few months ago I might need a ammo contract with the Lake City plant. No complaints really. I'm getting a charge out of it so to speak:p.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top