JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I am still waiting for all those foreigners to call in all their Treasury Bonds. The capacity for the US government to generate money out of thin air seems neverending these days.

Meanwhile good luck making a house payment on SS, in one these 481 cities.

The Fed controls the printing and buys any debt we create. That's how government can spend trillions, create their on bank that buys debt.

Trick to retirement is out of debt.

SS will be there as long as the government has a printing press. It's just the money won't be worth much.
Yup....and think of the current inflation rate and political policy that threatens the SS scheme.

Hummmm.....
Do you mean?

Possible forgiveness of the student loan debts?
Possible "Child Tax Credit" becoming permanent?
Spending on an epic scale w/o increasing tax revenue?
Growing min wage.
SS_and_15_min_wage_question.png
The resulting wage push inflation.....competition for rentals and products, etc..... (Rrrrrright, it's called inflation)?
The 30% increase in SNAP benefits?
Immigration Policy?
No checking of citizenship status or IDs to even vote?
The increasing numbers of tax avoiders and/or "Takers" via public welfare?
Demands for Guaranteed Living Stipends?
Increasing numbers of "disability claims"?
Population "growth figures"?
Increasing numbers of drugged out, the homeless and the calls for more public "HELP" in general?

OMG!
Make-it-stop.jpg

Aloha, Mark

PS......remember, the money is NOT kept in a separate account.

Last Edited:
SS was built from the beginning on a lie, they promised our SS number would never be used to identify us.

Everyone was told there would be no taxes on SS yet now it's taxed.

SS money was to be its own system and never put into the general fund, a lock box was promised.

I could go on but there is no point other than for folks to realize the promise of a new and better system is a lie from the get go.

Of course it's corrupted, look who runs it.
How true. I'm an old fart like you. I have my original card still.
It is printed right on it "Not to used for identification purposes".

We should all be writing letters to our reps about looming social security insolvency and how it will disproportionately impact minorities living in poverty.

We should all be writing letters to our reps about looming social security insolvency and how it will disproportionately impact minorities living in poverty.
WTF. I hope you were jesting. Otherwise, have you NOT been reading this thread. SSI should never been treated as another welfare program. How would you like it if your life insurance company was taking money from your wages and giving it to save the martians program without your approval? OMG, I just gave the DEmocrats another idea.

WTF. I hope you were jesting. Otherwise, have you NOT been reading this thread. SSI should never been treated as another welfare program. How would you like it if your life insurance company was taking money from your wages and giving it to save the martians program without your approval? OMG, I just gave the DEmocrats another idea.
Yeah you totally misread my post.

Back in the day, when I was a lowly 3rd class petty officer in the United States Navy, our div 0 ring knocker gave us a sales pitch for t-bonds. As he concluded his pitch, I pointed out to everyone that for every bond you buy, you're contributing to the national debt. Div 0 was not amused. At 19, I really was just poking fun because I could.

Now I'm 60. And I am so damn proud of 19 tear old me in this particular circumstance.

Other particular circumstances, not so much.... :oops:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top