JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
If you are in the belief that receiving Social Security is, "Living off the government"? Where do you think the money from social security comes from? It comes from the working people. Social security is the working-class people's money. The US government just snatches it up from our wages, then provides trickle-down economics on OUR money. It should have never been used as another welfare system.

What perturbs me about the US Social Security system is the way it calculates "computation years". The general rule is the Social Security Administration will take 35 of your highest-earning years and get an average earnings level from those numbers. Well, my highest-earning years like most Americans is typically the last 35 years that you have worked. I started working and contributing to SS when I was 16 years old. The government says that you can early retire at 62 years old but a penalty will be assessed on your SS check. Well, why am I not getting credit for paying into SS from the ages of 16 years to 27 years old? Thats 11 years for contributing into SS that I am not getting credit. Taking this unjust and discriminatory system one step further. An immigrant comes to this country when they are 27 years old. They work and start paying SS and can early retire at 62 years old. If they made the same money as I did for 35 years, their check will be the same as mine. That is Bull-Pucky. Why am I being discriminated against in the SS system because I was born American and contributed longer?

Point of view, wife and sister both died at 58 years old after working a lifetime. Nobody got anything for the money they put in. Death is the real computation one needs to measure, get the money while you can .

I have written to my US senators and US representatives, may times. All without any response back. If people don't get educated on this unjust and discriminatory SS system, then the problem just gets ignored and accepted. Unfortunate for us born Americans.

1645494987859.png

I have written to my US senators and US representatives, may times. All without any response back. If people don't get educated on this unjust and discriminatory SS system, then the problem just gets ignored and accepted. Unfortunate for us born Americans.
The ONLY thing law makers care about is their power. As long as voters put them back in office that is the only thing they care about. If enough voters start to care enough to make a few lose that power? Then you get the attention of the others REAL damn fast. We really do get the government we deserve.:s0092:

The greatest lie is in the term "SSI" :rolleyes:

supplementary socal income.

Supplementary to what??

Ever since the stigmatization of saving money and the start of "borrow to spend!" Credit systems... sadly a very small percent of working age Americans have any actual savings.

Edit. With SSI, there is that Assets limit ceiling. You cannot have more than $2,000 total assets to your name to draw SSI... so it supplements...nothing

SS was built from the beginning on a lie, they promised our SS number would never be used to identify us.

Everyone was told there would be no taxes on SS yet now it's taxed.

SS money was to be its own system and never put into the general fund, a lock box was promised.

I could go on but there is no point other than for folks to realize the promise of a new and better system is a lie from the get go.

Of course it's corrupted, look who runs it.

SS was built from the beginning on a lie, they promised our SS number would never be used to identify us.

Everyone was told there would be no taxes on SS yet now it's taxed.

SS money was to be its own system and never put into the general fund, a lock box was promised.

I could go on but there is no point other than for folks to realize the promise of a new and better system is a lie from the get go.

Of course it's corrupted, look who runs it.
Exactly, it wasn't based on taxes because it was a "temporary" program to help people whose retirements were wiped out by the crash. We're supposed to save our own money.

If you are in the belief that receiving Social Security is, "Living off the government"? Where do you think the money from social security comes from? It comes from the working people. Social security is the working-class people's money. The US government just snatches it up from our wages, then provides trickle-down economics on OUR money. It should have never been used as another welfare system.

What perturbs me about the US Social Security system is the way it calculates "computation years". The general rule is the Social Security Administration will take 35 of your highest-earning years and get an average earnings level from those numbers. Well, my highest-earning years like most Americans is typically the last 35 years that you have worked. I started working and contributing to SS when I was 16 years old. The government says that you can early retire at 62 years old but a penalty will be assessed on your SS check. Well, why am I not getting credit for paying into SS from the ages of 16 years to 27 years old? Thats 11 years for contributing into SS that I am not getting credit. Taking this unjust and discriminatory system one step further. An immigrant comes to this country when they are 27 years old. They work and start paying SS and can early retire at 62 years old. If they made the same money as I did for 35 years, their check will be the same as mine. That is Bull-Pucky. Why am I being discriminated against in the SS system because I was born American and contributed longer?
The best way to get your money back is to live longer. If you can live to 100 plus you will get your money back (assuming they don't cut benefits paid). My mom started collecting at 62 thinking my Dad (they're divorced) would kick off and she would be able to collect a higher benefit amount. My Dad is still alive and his benefit amount is being reduced by Windfall Elimination Provision. Now she wishes she would have waited to collect.

It's a sham system. You could always look for a job that doesn't require social security deductions from your pay. Dying unmarried right before collecting is the surest way to get screwed.

I hate to break it to you OP...it doesn't matter when you started contributing or for how long. Social Security is just about tapped out. There probably won't be anything to collect anyway by the time we get there. :rolleyes:

RE : Post #13

I'm in that category to get dinged for the "Windfall." So knowing that.....I contributed to the SS scheme, but did so, mostly as a "part-time worker." I figure it'll be my money to help to pay for my Medicare or if there is any more left, it's "Beer Money".

Aloha, Mark

I hate to break it to you OP...it doesn't matter when you started contributing or for how long. Social Security is just about tapped out. There probably won't be anything to collect anyway by the time we get there. :rolleyes:
I hate to break it to you L84Cabo, SS will never be tapped out as long as the federal gov't can write itself IOUs and keep printing funny money.

I'm old enough to collect social security. My check is more than my mortgage so I put the whole thing towards that and pay off my house a little sooner. I know probably not what you want to hear but it works for us.

That's what scares me about waiting. I could put in and start now. Problem is I make enough that they would take almost all of it. So hoping that soon when I reach the magic age where I can take it and still work? I will put in the day I hit. Try to get something back before it all comes crashing down:mad:

I was told that decades ago yet here I am retired and drawing SS. The system is no longer what folks think it is. You pay in all your life as I did but these days government just prints up money to pay SS. SS will be there as long as the government has a printing press. It's just the money won't be worth much.

I was told that decades ago yet here I am retired and drawing SS. The system is no longer what folks think it is. You pay in all your life as I did but these days government just prints up money to pay SS. SS will be there as long as the government has a printing press. It's just the money won't be worth much.
I am still waiting for all those foreigners to call in all their Treasury Bonds. The capacity for the US government to generate money out of thin air seems neverending these days.

Meanwhile good luck making a house payment on SS, in one these 481 cities.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top